It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shootings in Arizona will be used against us.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
First off I want to say:

The shootings in Arizona were very tragic and I do not in any way shape or form condone such actions against other American without due process, especially against the youth of America.

My Thoughts and Prayers go out to the victims and families of this tragic event.

With that being said, I want to let everyone know that this is a big blow to many of us here that may question our government and the things that are being done to take our liberties from us.

here is a cnn report about posts this man has made on both myspace and youtube showing how he is against many things the government is doing. One of his favorite links on Youtube is of a man burning a perfectly good American Flag.

I fear for what comes next and have already heard talk on the news about how conspiracy theorists are nutjobs like this man is.

They are going to use this event to get the support of Citizens to attack any one who criticizes the way our government has been acting, and the legislations that have been passed to shut down our god given rights.

The Media will make us out to be terrorists and soon the media and others will push for legislation that will make questioning illegal.

I Have a Strong Feeling that our uphill battle just got a bit steeper.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I couldn't of said it better myself. Let's hope it doesn't get to that point...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I see the communist manifesto is one of his favorite books. For someone who talks about grammar so much, he sure does have some bad grammar.

I agree this may be used against us. It also may get the congresspeople to actually start listening to what the voters say.

Who knows?

Craziness!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

I totally agree with you. I see TPTB using this tragedy to start really cracking down on anyone that says the least bit against their regime. Their Domestic Terrorist WatchList is getting close to having a half of a million of us Citizens names on it. I think they will start trying to arrest us Radical Citizens for the safety of America.

Dark days are ahead for all of us Patriots. Everything we type on the Net will be closely scrutinized and held against us. The mountain we have been climbing has just went from the Smokey Mountains to Mt Everest.....

link   
As if they need an event (read: excuse) to do all that.

link   

It also may get the congresspeople to actually start listening to what the voters say.
reply to post by mayabong

One can only hope, but I highly doubt that. This will end up being spun to uphold legislation that has taken our rights from us.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I posted in on another thread but it's seems to fit this one better.

Someone on Fox news just said the lesson regarding this shooting isn't about politics - it's about being able to "help" this type of person.

I assume by "help" he means to force hospitalization and medication on people with what appear to be crazy theories.

So no, they aren't going to arrest people on ATS - they are going to "help" us.
edit on January 8th 2011 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
A note to all those (like my self) who are a constitutionalist and want to see some major changes in this country.

Going out and just killing someone like this guy did is not what we stand for.

We stand for Justice and Freedom for all men and creeds everywhere. This means we believe in due process for all people.

Going off the handle and eliminating someone who you disagree with, will only make things harder on us in the long run.

We are not murderers, except in self defense. This was not a case of self defense.

This man or any man like him, does not represent us, and justice should be served on any man who commits such a terrible crime, especially against a child.
edit on 8-1-2011 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Man, you had no idea how correct and literal your post was when you made it. Shooter looks like he posted on ATS a few times...

www.reddit.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pancakeman
Man, you had no idea how correct and literal your post was when you made it. Shooter looks like he posted on ATS a few times...

www.reddit.com...

I'm not surprised that he is a member. The problem is, he was only out for himself and his own agenda, not for the masses. This kind of guy would easily become a dictator himself if he were given the chance.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

That is the feelings I got from watching CNN earlier this afternoon.

2nd line.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This is not going to bode well for us...............

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It won't be the first time they have used something like this to demonize, criminalize, and quell dissent.
And guaranteed, it won't be the last time either.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I totally agree.

But usually it's an Islamic extremist that is used, this time it's different and may do way more damage to our cause than previous attempts.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Here is a link to a fox news report that is already talking about stiffer gun control to those who are not mentally stable.

Now my problem with this, is what are they going to consider not mentally stable? possibly anyone that speaks against our government? someone that has a different way of thinking than that of the masses?

foxnews

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
When they link him to ATS then they will scrutinize all of our posts and probably try to lock a lot of us up. I have posted my dislike for the government quite a few times and have wondered at times if I said too much, if I let my distaste for our tyrannical government make me cross the line in my words. This might get really bad....

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Should anyone that fears to speak up freely without fear or favour, then let him/her be silent and be contend with the lives they live.

Words do not kill. Guns, knives, hammers, do not kill.

It is the person that kills. That decision was made up by him alone, for no one has the writing power to induce another kill unless he already decided to kill. Even soldiers had been known to disobey direct orders to kill.

What's the critical difference between a conspiracy theorist and a journalist? There is no critical difference, both are only searching for the truth. If conspiracy theorists should be silence, then so too must the media be, and anyone else who purports to be the media is nothing but a propagandist, similar to the ways the Nazi propaganda machine works.

Then there is no longer any doubt that the sacred constitution had been torn to shreds, and we with our future generations are slaves to the tyrants ruling us.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

This whole Story sounds like yet Another " Lone Nut " Conditioned by a Covert Branch of the U.S. Goverment through Mind Control Techniques for the purposes of causing Public Backlash from some of the American Sheeple out there who do not Realize these Acts are being done for a Sinister Purpose . That Purpose being to Disarm the American Public who have a Strong Belief in their 2nd Amendment Right to Bear Arms for their own Protection . In time , I believe more information about this Individual will shed some light on his motive and reasoning for committing such a heinous Crime , and will not be Surprised that some Spook Agency possiblly will be Linked to him .

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Man you took the words right out of my mouth so to say, I wonder myself these questions.

I however will not point fingers just yet, If this guy is another tool used to trample on even more of our freedoms, then we'll find out one way or another.

Of course the sheeple will always believe the official story no matter how much evidence comes about.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

That Purpose being to Disarm the American Public who have a Strong Belief in their 2nd Amendment Right to Bear Arms for their own Protection . In time , I believe more information about this Individual will shed some light on his motive and reasoning for committing such a heinous Crime , and will not be Surprised that some Spook Agency possiblly will be Linked to him .

Check out my posting earlier about this and the coincidence/synchronism with the last episode of Grey's Anatomy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join