It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you watching the beginning of a new conspiracy RIGHT NOW? - Gabrielle Giffords

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SchoolProject
My point is that (from my perspective in the UK) nothing in America is being done - It seems like anyone can purchase a gun?

You have to submit to a federal criminal background check when purchasing a firearm from a dealer. If you've been convicted of a felony, you cannot purchase a firearm. In fact, even attempting to do so is a violation of federal law. Additionally, I believe that some misdemeanors and mental health issues can also disqualify one from firearms ownership. Read up on Form 4473 for more info if you like.

I'd also argue that US gun laws ARE working. The overall US homicide rate has been nearly cut in half since the late 80s/early 90s. Our system isn't perfect, but it is moving us in the right direction without curbing our civil liberties to any unnecessary extreme.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Oh crap this defective mind control slave was a ATS member. That sucks. At least most of his threads had zero or minimal flags or stars.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

In the US we have more guns than people, we have serious criminals and we have to have weapons to protect ourselves from them - you want to see murder rates FREAKING SKYROCKET in the US - then disarm the public.

I really don't wish to repeat myself again and I don't mean to sound so defensive, however I never stated "disarming the public" - please read my original post, I stated: I cannot understand how there are still no laws on gun sales in the US - An 18 year old can go into a store and purchase a shotgun or rifle, at the age of 21 they can buy a pistol.

Is there any screening done? Anything in place to check the individual? Any report filed to the police prior to purchase?

What I'm stating is the fact that any idiot can buy a gun, any idiot can kill someone. I really wish you checked out my original post rather than pointing out the fact that there is gun crime anywhere in the world. Yes people get shot in the UK, but how often does this happen? There is screening done preventing people from purchasing weapons if they are unsuitable.

I'm not attacking the US stance on guns, just the sale. You might have the same opinion on allowing 18 year olds in the UK purchasing alcohol.

Let's get back on subject, rather than attempting to pick holes between the obvious differences in gun laws between the two countries.

My point on subject is... this kid believes he was under mind control. Sarah Palin released irresponsible political campaigns, which suprise suprise had many gun analogies linked to.
edit on 8-1-2011 by SchoolProject because: messed up the quote

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Wow, what was his account?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Thank you for answering my question by the way!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Here's another screenshot from Palin's disappeared page:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/507bf5d6b9f3.jpg[/atsimg]

Got that?

Help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office

Shoot a fully automatic M16

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
He seemed to talk about the lack of literacy on these boards aswell... accusing people of not having the relevant ability to communicate with him?

This links in with his Myspace post:

It also seemed that Giffords was likely to be attacked before also: Source (Yahoo)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SchoolProject

You are trapped in the train of thought that this man purchased a gun through legal means. That is the problem guns used in crimes are not likely used by someone who legally purchased it. Hence the difference between a criminal and a law abiding citizen. A criminal will break laws
But I will say I think that there is more going on in this then meets the eye.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SchoolProject
I stated: I cannot understand how there are still no laws on gun sales in the US - An 18 year old can go into a store and purchase a shotgun or rifle, at the age of 21 they can buy a pistol.

Is there any screening done? Anything in place to check the individual? Any report filed to the police prior to purchase?

What I'm stating is the fact that any idiot can buy a gun, any idiot can kill someone.

Incorrect. You must submit to a federal criminal background check in order to buy a weapon, period. It also includes some mental health issues that my also inhibit purchase of any firearm. Though this man may be an idiot, he had every right to purchase a firearm before this shooting. To take away everyones right to defend themselves on the basis of what one lone nut has done, is only furthering the agenda of persons who would rather see you disarmed for their benefit. This even makes me want to concealed carry more and not less.

The problem is the MSM blasting every violent crime, normally across the continental US from most viewers, and sometimes the world, rather than actually do any real investigative journalism. Hype journalism is thousands of times more profitable, compared to costs and time ratios, and thus has become the default of reporting formats.

That, and that alone, is the number one problem that America faces today. Most of our problems would be solved if people asked questions and held those at fault responsible. I assure you, the average gun owner is not responsible for this horrible crime.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
WHY IS REP. GIFFORDS SUBSCRIBED TO THE SHOOTERS YOUTUBE CHANNEL?????????????????

sorry about the caps but this is CREEPY

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jayhawker
WHY IS REP. GIFFORDS SUBSCRIBED TO THE SHOOTERS YOUTUBE CHANNEL?????????????????

www.youtube.com...

My guess is because that is not her channel?

Secondly, the shooter's youtube channel is incredibly disturbing.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

www.youtube.com...

My guess is because that is not her channel?

Secondly, the shooter's youtube channel is incredibly disturbing.

It is her channel.... Did you even click on the link??

And yes the guys posts there and on ATS confirm he is nuts.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SchoolProject

apparently it was this one: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Im from the UK and i fail to see why gun laws have anything to do with this...the man was mentally unstable and he sadly slipped through the cracks, which will always happen unfortunately. The UK has the highest rate of violent crime in Europe...and we don't have guns, compare that to Switzerland which has a very low amount of violent crime compared to the UK and lots of guns. Again the problem was that he did not get the help he so obviously needed and sadly innocent people paid the price, nothing to do with guns imo.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Again the problem was that he did not get the help he so obviously needed and sadly innocent people paid the price, nothing to do with guns imo.

Nothing to do with guns?

This nut case was able to get a gun and shoot 13 people, killing 6. Nothing to do with guns? WTF?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

If only that 9 year old girl had a gun on her.
Damnit to heck. Why was she not allowed to carry her gun? Must be some draconian gun laws in AZ.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I see you conveniently left out 'with Jesse Kelly.' Kelly was Gifford's opponent in the election, and that was an event held by Kelly's campaign.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
We have prohibitive gun laws in Mexico.

Need I say more?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

Well lets think about this.Keep in mind,this guy probably didn't plan to escape alive,as many spree shooters don't.

In the scenario that guns were strictly outlawed & not available to the public (Like in the UK) its unlikely this guy would've had a gun at all.Therefore,there would never had been any shooting.

In the scenario that everyone has a gun that you suggested,its likely this guy would've still probably tried this.He'd probably take out 1 or 2 or 3 people before someone shot him dead as you theorize would happen.So we've already got more tragedy in this scenario than in the former.But wait.There's more.You've still got a building full of armed people running around.Most of whom don't know what's happening,just know they heard gunshots.How many people are gonna shoot the first person they see come around a corner or out of a door with a gun in their hand (Who's also gonna do the same.)?More tragedy.And the police have to enter this situation where everybody's gotta gun.And their trained to shoot first & ask questions last.Seems like a #ed up scenario.Matter of fact,I think we're better off with the laws we have now than that.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Weird....but even weirder is that 'her' last visit to her supposed youtube account was just 6 hours ago....and no mention of the shooting, let alone her death. The account is quite old though and has videos that are obviously related to her on there sooooo...one of three things going on here....either it IS her account and for some unknown reason she is subscribed to the suspects youtube channel (possibly been hacked by suspect and subscribed? who knows?), It's NOT her account and was in fact set-up by the suspect quite a while ago, in which case this has been planned for quite some time! or lastly, it is her account and whoever logged into it 6 hours ago subscribed her to that channel for whatever reason......weird!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join