It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new take on 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Not sure anyone has discussed this view before. I see all this speculation and fear about what's going to happen on 12/21/12. Seems like everyday more and more people are finding out about it and jumping on the 2012 end-of-the-world bus. If this continues and gets out of hand, fear could turn into panic. As we approach that set date the panic could transform into chaos. See what I'm getting at?

Worldwide panic. Government tension. Desperate measures.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yeah, I know where you're going... I thought the same thing: self-fulfilling prophecy. Maybe that IS 2012??

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
i bet you there will b a lot of love making around that time. and if we all live will be the biggest baby boom in human history. : )

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
That's my main worry about 2012. I doubt anything mystical will happen, but I do believe in manifest reality. Basically, I think that enough people have jumped onto this bandwagon that we're going to have a self-fulfilling prophesy.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by robile

there are a lot more then just were all going to die predictions for 2012

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Theonlywoody

Yes but that's the mainstream theory. Some kind of catastrophe.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Robile, your theory makes a lot of sense. I bet it will be something like that.

We are currently in The Age of Pisces, and many astrologers believe that The Age of Aquarius begins in 2012.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It really is a hard one to call, isn't it?

Do TPTB have plans for that day?
Will there really be a cataclysm?
Or will people just get crazier and crazier as it approaches?

Guaranteed some idiot will kill someone, and claim he didn't think he would live to be arrested for it. And who knows what other insanity will go on just as bad.
edit on 8-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If it is a selffulfilling prophecy, we would all had the same kind of ''mere-exposure'' ? Look at the number of new members on this site.. That is a big population. isn't it? Not every individual has the same perception, but still there are many people that decide to subscribe here. That would mean that everybody had the same feeling about, feeling-a-change in what way so-ever.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
As much panic as Y2K? Before or after the event?

Be still my heart.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

True but y2k happened when AOL was starting to deliver people the internet through a 56k connection. The world is a lot more connected today.

new topics

top topics

join