It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Scared

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
You being scared is what they want, don't give them the pleasure. Enjoy everyday for what it is and help others, you'll be too busy living life that you won't have time to be scared.

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

1. 9/11 was a conspiracy, by jihadist terrorists. Planes hit the buildings. People died. That's it.

Um.....sorry wha?!!

Did you just say that men in caves made NORAD stand down?

If there is anything to be scared of it's disinfo agents like ol' schuyler here.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Lets See:

- Animals dying off for the last 8/9 Days around the Globe
- Ecconomy on the brink of Collapse (Euro/Dollar)
- Food/Oil/Gold etc. Prices going up
- Poleshift things
- Weather going crazy
- US Govt. going crazy
- Some Virus (Swine Flu or whatever) going haywire
- Food poisoned (Dioxine stuff)
- Increased Quake Activity
- Weird things going on with the Sun

I think i forgot a thing or two...nothing to worry about,those things happens all the Time

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

I just got a bellyache and a chuckle at the same time

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

The only sure thing is change..and looking at whats coming down we are all gonna get a bellyfull.We are well beyond the tipping point so relax and enjoy the ride.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
There is every reason to be afraid, and there is no reason to be afraid.
How so? The statement contradicts itself.
At least in the U.S., we are undergoing a major shift. For a long while, we the people worked for the greater good, and we got a benefit for our work. We took care of each other in a system that "mostly" worked for the greater good. Opportunity was there for those that reached out and grabbed it. The key to our success was the belief in the rule of law, and that justice would prevail against evil people. We were fed, and we could count on being fed because we had a working system MUTUALLY beneficial.
Now, be SCARED, because that is going away. You can't count on being fed anymore, or being taken care of, or really anything else that you once could take for granted. The enemy may well destroy YOU, and much of nature, because the enemy is absolute power in the hands of the few for profit and screw you. That is reality.
Now, be NOT afraid.
It cannot last. Chaos will become commonplace, and you will learn to live in the moment. You will learn to survive and thrive. You will make new connections, and actually be much happier.

Or, maybe you will die, I don't really know.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Not to mention: Saints losing to the Seahawks today. I'm starting to believe that the world is going to end soon...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

No need in worrying yourself into a frenzy bro with all that is going bad, you need to concentrate about the good. Too many listen to all the doom gloom and let it tear them apart. You need to worry about you and live your life the best you can. Realize one thing, you have no control over what negative happens in your surroundings unless you are contributing to it... Think of what you can do to make it better and act on it. I sincerely hope you do get over your dark cloud and move on.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I would not worry about anything you have no control over.

Just concentrate on things you can control, like people.

Reading ATS will turn most people into raving paranoid weirdos so don't take everything you read on a site like this with anything more promising than that of a 5 year old child.

99.9998% of the people on here are so deeply obsessed that we are being broken, watched by government, chased by Aliens, hunted by paranormal phenomena etc that they forget to see that things always work themselves out in the end. Most people on here just try to sound like they are in touch with what is going on but in reality they are just as scared as you, but none of it is justified.

We have a collection of different things happening that can now be reported within in seconds to the whole of the globe via the internet. Now people are getting their news in batches instead of over time. So it seems like bad things are happening everywhere. They are not.

The Human race is a stain. That is all, just a stain. A mere speck. WE think we are far more advanced and sophisticated than we really are.

We are just one step away from being the animal we once were.

If i were you I would not be worried about anything except, paying your bills, providing for your family (if you have one), enjoying the things your like and not giving a crap about fellow man. If fellow man can not get in your head then you are one step above the rest of these cretins who think that being loving and peaceful is the way forward.

Take thing that you want, satisfy yourself. Deny god and engage in pleasure only. These things you can control.
edit on 8-1-2011 by TheSkinRipper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
No need to worry. If anything, this whole thing will only bring the human population closer as a whole. Just look at all the optimism on this thread. We have been separated by hatred and violence throughout the ages. When bad things start happening we will only unite. You can always count on that.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Get outside, and get some sun. Look around your neighborhood, and realize that everything IS okay and nothing horrible is going to happen. Even if something does, all you can do is be prepared (maybe start stocking up on a few supplies so you can feel more secure knowing you have a food if things go bad) and know that it's out of your control. Also start reading the bible and talking to God. IF S.H.T.F you need be sure you know where you're going when you die. Everyone dies, we will all die eventually, and just think of what a privilege it is to be living in these times, and what a privilege it is to die in these times. But for now everything is fine, S*** will not hit the fan anytime soon.. So just relax and get some sun (even though it's winter) and try to have fun and realize that things aren't all that bad.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I feel there is something wrong with the planet aswell. We cant worry about it though, if something is going to happen all we can do is deal with it when it does and be there for each other in the tough times. I have 2 daughters who I want to see grow up and have great lives aswell, but if we are due for something and there is nothing anyone can do about it, put a smile on your face because you will of seen something like never before.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm scared too. There's hair on my bathroom soap, and I'm bald

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I was gonna say how you remind me of DG TEMPE but she's already with you on this. Sad part is you've aready swallowed the blue pill. You can see that not all of us who may know even more about these things, arn't shak'in in our boots though. Fear won't change anything that is or isn't going to happen. Courage is your friend along with all of us. Be glad you know what's up and draw strength from that. You may surprise yourself.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve
I'm scared too. There's hair on my bathroom soap, and I'm bald

Hehehehehe . Excellent reply . You get a star.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I was gonna say how you remind me of DG TEMPE but she's already with you on this. Sad part is you've aready swallowed the blue pill. You can see that not all of us who may know even more about these things, arn't shak'in in our boots though. Fear won't change anything that is or isn't going to happen. Courage is your friend along with all of us. Be glad you know what's up and draw strength from that. You may surprise yourself.

Thank you . Guess a change of outlook is called for .

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

You're mostly on overload - and need to time to assimilate the information you have gained. Getting grounded and finding your spiritual center are good ideas too.

...Our culture tells us life is supposed to be like a fairytale - bad things are not supposed to happen to good people - we are not supposed to be unhappy, disappointed or hurt, or go broke, or get sick - the Earth is supposed to be a nice place, and nothing is ever supposed to go terribly wrong.

So we are not prepared for reality. Shtuff happens, and we don't know how to accept it, or cope with it, or rise above it.

It's a cultural disability. ...One that needs to treated ASAP. Continuing to educate yourself, facing reality and learning to meditate are all good treatments.

And don't forget to have a long hot bath. With candles.

edit on 8/1/11 by soficrow because: tinkered

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

You're mostly on overload - and need to time to assimilate the information you have gained. Getting grounded and finding your spiritual center are good ideas too.

...Our culture tells us life is supposed to be like a fairytale - bad things are not supposed to happen to good people - we are not supposed to be unhappy, disappointed or hurt, or go broke, or get sick - the Earth is supposed to be a nice place, and nothing is ever supposed to go terribly wrong.

So we are not prepared for reality. Shtuff happens, and we don't know how to accept it, or cope with it, or rise above it.

It's a cultural disability. ...One that needs to treated ASAP. Continuing to educate yourself, facing reality and learning to meditate are all good treatments.

And don't forget to have a long hot bath. With candles.

edit on 8/1/11 by soficrow because: tinkered

Nice reply . Thank you . I especially like the part about the hot bath and candles .

edit on 8-1-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Thank you.

I hope it helps.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I fully understand your predicament.

Truth and reality are often painful, very painful issues to deal with. It shatters everything we had been taught and studied, the way a college kid enters the real world and realities of working. No more money from mom. No more speaking up freely. You stand on your own. Either you survive or you fall.

Similar when love ends. The beautiful moments, hopes and dreams end when either you or her walks out.

But nevertheless, either we continue to deny, hide within the comfort zone we created, never to come out, live and die there deluded forever, OR, to courageously seek out the truth of theories without fear or favour, and once armed with such knowledge, to improve ours and our loved one lives forever.

Not many have that courage, comprehensibly so, for no human loves pain. Walk away from it, hide and shelter yourselves, live the dreams you think you are entitled to even if it is only a delusion, so long as you hurt or harm no one, and hope that whatever reality is to come, come instantly that there will be no pain....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join