posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:53 PM
You'll believe what you want to believe, of course,but one suggestion is that you relax and take all the stuff you hear here with a big grain of
salt. Few people here actually have any idea of what is going on in the world and, just like the MSM, will sensationalize everything. If you came here
because you don't trust elsewhere, well, maintain that distrust here, too. I like many of the subjects here because they maintain for me a sense of
wonder bout our plant and our very lives. If I actually believed the conspiracies on here, I'd be a nervous wreck, too. I think you have to be
willing to dismiss the crazies and trust yourself first.
One of the things I learned after 9/11 was that if you are worried, do whatever you need to make yourself feel better. If buying a year's worth of
food comforts you, do it. It can't hurt. And if you don't need it, no big deal. I've had a year's worth of food stored for 30 years now and never
opened a hydrogen filled can. Someone will eventually probably throw that stuff away.
Here are some myths regularly propagated here that you rerally don;t need to worry about.
1. 9/11 was a conspiracy, by jihadist terrorists. Planes hit the buildings. People died. That's it.
2. Global Warming is a farce. The data do not support it. Look into it and you'll see.
3. Birds die in flocks all the time. This is not unusual. People are just paying more attention.
4. Reptiles are not going to eat you in this or any other dimension.
5. There's nothing hugely wrong with our planet.
6. We're not really running out of oil. It's political. Oil isn't made from dead dinosaurs.
7. We may be in for a period of cooling. Sunspot activity would suggets this.
8. There's plenty of food. It's just unevenly distributed. We can hold 10 billion easily.
9. There is no Illuminati conspiracy, no Masonic conspiracy, no Templar conspiracy
10. Yes, people want us to move to socialism. They think this is good. You may not.
11. It doesn't matter who shot JFK. It's over. That's like worrying about who shot Lincoln in 1910.
12. Hanging out at ATS may be bad for your health. You may want to reconsider.
The ire of ATSers over my comments may be immense, but not one thing they say will actually make a difference in the world. These are all just words
and no one important is even paying attention.
Please excuse typos. I need new glasses and have a hard time seeing the screen.