It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The biggest logical hole in alien influence of ancient society.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The quote stands on the merit of its author. But now that you mention 'gap in evolution' we have a problem. One can imagine a superior alien race looking at man with anything from skepticism to disdain when they see so called evolution or the lack thereof. 5000 or more years of recent humanoid history and you see the same nonsensical power struggle in the Middle East that went on in Biblical days of the old testament. And they wonder why aliens are pictured with bulging dark eyes?
All the science developed in recent history which could easily be used to cover the power needs of industry, transportation, etc. with solar generators, predict and even correct faults in the earths crust to prevent earthquakes and disperse tornadoes with star wars laser type technology and of course an army of planes with fire-retardant could stop forest fires before they become massive. BUT what do these 'evolved' humans do instead and do best? They figure out better was of waging war and killing each other!
I think we are looking at not so much a gap in evolution but rather a very serious flaw in the humanoid being which is preventing true humanoid evolution from occuring.
edit on 2-7-2011 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2011 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

Well you take many assumptions there. First of all, that aliens would view us with contempt. This is a large assumption. The first thing you assume would be that they are explorers. Or that they view fighting as bad. You don't know who they are. They could come on a safari and bet on who wins or looses. They could have a vast solar network of observatories, and only actually be living on 1, or a couple, all within their own solar system, much like the British in the 1800s. Or, they could be documenting us. Like a person does to children in our own community. Perhaps they come and look at our civilization with the same "awwww" as a person does to two children falling down while trying to compete at riding bikes. They may come down and show us our "baby footage" to help us see how far we've come. Or, maybe they're just downright evil. maybe they just want to see the blood and gore. All assumptions. No less nor more possible than yours.

The second thing you assume is that they even look like us. As is with pretty much all gods of the ancient world, they look human. This is a sign of a primitive society. An attempt to make something that isn't human understandable through personification. All sophisticated religions, like Buddhism, Modern Christianity, and a few others I'm not thinking of do not have their gods in human form. There is a clearly present pattern is intellect and view of God. And that is that the more intellect one gains, the more abstractly one sees God. What this means is the mass-media and mass-footage view of aliens in humanoid form really isn't anything beyond the need to personify that which simply is not human. This is NOT saying aliens do not exist. This is saying it is primitive to assume they look like us. If anything, they are trying to look like us in contact situation for that very reason. They view us as primitive and know they would be shot on sight in their true form. This also leads me to my next point....

You assume they are more, or as, intelligent as us. Be shocked not by this statement. The fact is that we as a species are incredibly unstable, nearly killing each other into extinction every second of our existence. Animals on this world that are just bellow our intellect are far more stable. It is not outside the realm of possibility that aliens are only as intelligent as crows, apes, or Homo Erectus, yet millions of years ahead of us. The reason why it is actually more likely to meet aliens less intelligent than us just that factor of stability. In a million years time, the ratio of human-intellect aliens to chimp-intellect aliens would drastically shift in favor of the less intelligent. They are not nearly killing themselves off every day. They may advance slower, lack sophisticated art and culture and language, but the fact is that they are more stable, and therefore more likely to get into space.

Knowing all this, and considering all this, as well as looking at our own progress through the ages, one deduce the likelihood of what an alien is like. We know that resources are limitless in space. Ergo, they don't care about Earth for its resources. We know that habitable worlds are everywhere, and that water is common. So they are not interested In earth for those reasons either. Inf act, just about the only things they would be interested in Earth for are as follows: Art (hipster aliens), Genetics (scientific and nature fan aliens), blood thirst (aliens just wanting to prove their own power), history/culture/the act of talking with a brain alien to your own understanding and nature (basically traveling philosopher aliens), and last but not least, religions (occult aliens). All this, of course, assumes that we can even comprehend what they would be interested in Earth for, an assumption that they share at least some of our own nature.

Knowing all THAT, we can then deduce that, due to the lack of evidence for any intervention in our own culture and evolution, that the aliens we do hear about are probably just interested in our culture and art and are going on a safari, or they are just documenting who and what we are, and moving on. In either case, they're no threat to us, and don't really care about us.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I would imagine it would be quite a challenge to be as willfully ignorant and purposefully dense as he is on mushrooms.

back to you.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by IKTOMI

Well mind enhancing drugs isn't proof of anything.

I do not think nor see why the universe would be conscious. I do think there is a great big variety of life out there, but I do not expect them all, if any besides ourselves, to be upright hominids. Or even upright at all.

As a former atheist and former follower of Dawkins, I do indeed still have the pompous atheist in me at times. Sorry if that comes out sometimes.

The Christian in me wants to think God would make all his thinking children look the same to prove himself. The former atheist in me just doesn't see how it's possible.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

Wow that is some pretty intense cognitive dissonance you have going on there.
You should check out Dr. John C. Lilly's "Center of the Cyclone" book on metaprogramming. It might help out with that.

www.futurehi.net...

You have some serious reality tunnel overlap your working with there and its quite disturbing.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IKTOMI

I don't find it disturbing and I don't find it programmed. programming implies an accepted reality input into the brain. I have not accepted any reality in terms of what is out there. I only know what I can see. Therefore, having never seen anything beyond what exists in the solar system, I have no reason to believe life would look like it does on Earth.

I think it's healthy to be in constant conflict and discussion within one's mind. I find people are most accurate in predicting and seeing things that they've not seen before when they have not bound themselves to any one way and, instead, are in constant debate and discussion with themselves on the topic.

I invite you to tell me why you think aliens would even be similar to us remotely, and what was wrong with what I said in terms of what's out there.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Whats ever is visiting us could be from the Future. There are sightings around Nuclear Plants, and some interfere with missiles and some people who are abducted by Nordics say they are put in front of screens and shown many scenarios of what our future based on our decision. The Nordics care about us and where we are going as a race so they could be from another Planet or they could be from another Time Period.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ObvTruth

If they look like us it's a gazillion times more likely they are from the future.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

True since the probability of being looking like us from different planets is extremely small but its not impossible.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Most certainly not impossible. Just incredibly unlikely. Like picking up a piece of sand at the beach and dropping it from 50,000 feet back down at the velocity of 500 mph. Good luck finding it.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I would say its more likely than that lol. Who knows how many planets have life and who knows they could be many planets with beings that look just like us. Who knows

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by IKTOMI

I don't find it disturbing and I don't find it programmed. programming implies an accepted reality input into the brain. I have not accepted any reality in terms of what is out there. I only know what I can see. Therefore, having never seen anything beyond what exists in the solar system, I have no reason to believe life would look like it does on Earth.

I think it's healthy to be in constant conflict and discussion within one's mind. I find people are most accurate in predicting and seeing things that they've not seen before when they have not bound themselves to any one way and, instead, are in constant debate and discussion with themselves on the topic.

I invite you to tell me why you think aliens would even be similar to us remotely, and what was wrong with what I said in terms of what's out there.

I can imagine the universe would, can, and does facilitate an enormous variety of intelligent life forms carbon based and other.

I myself have seen many types of spirits,elementals,ufo crafts both metallic and light plasma , orbs, ghosts, and quite a large variety of hyper dimensional characters.

I have no problem whatsoever with knowing without a doubt that throughout the universe there are most certainly a vast variety of intelligent hominids as well as an infinite plethora of shapes and sizes that are, fish like, reptilian, inscectoid , mammalian, who knows what else.

I just don't know what else to say other than you are boring.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

true, but how many of them actually get, and survive, to explore space?

In terms of how many worlds have life, hell probably everything from Venus to Neptune if it has water and heat.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Who knows. People who claim to be insiders say that the Gov has declassified 57 species of ET's.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IKTOMI

I'm not saying ufos don't exist, and I'm not saying aliens don't. I'm simply critical of the fact that every single contact account and portrayal of aliens as humanoid. The sheer volume leads me to doubt their legitimacy. Maybe the first ones were, but nothing much else.

I honestly am doubtful that there are many hominids out there. We, as a species, have consisted of some 6-10 or so species out of the literally hundreds of millions that have come and gone on Earth. From a pure probability factor, there really only would be 1 humanoid-like thing every couple of galaxies. And do tell me, when you mention reptilian, fish, etc etc. Do you imagine them with faces? With two legs, two hands? Upright? I don't. And I don't think that type is very common.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Yes but they're always humanoid, leading me to wonder of they are even legit. Not to mention some of the "supposed" releases show as much variety as between a black man and a white man, leading to ponder if it's not just one species with different racial groups.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Humanoid as in looking like Homosapiens or Humanoid as in 2 arms, 2 legs and a head?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I suppose humanoid in the sense of 2 legs, 2 arms, upright. General profile of a human. It's certainly less likely to have something completely different than us in terms of background evolve into something like us. It's more likely that something like our ancestors evolved into something like us, in terms of what that very unlikely humanoid species would be like.

Simply put, a reptile isn't going to come down from a tree and evolve into a humanoid. An ape-like creature might though.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Without television and books written by those chasing a buck there wouldnt be many who believe aliens exist at all let alone believe they randomly cruise our night skies with what would seem no destination or course in mind.

There exists not one shred of evidence that would suggest these dancing orbs of light emanate from beyond our atmosphere.

The concept of extraterrestrial life is an exciting and limitless one, and the attraction to such theories is totally understandable, but it does bother me how quickly and blindly believers are to accept any new piece of information, new theory, new found fact or latest NASA or government release.

edit on 2-7-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
Without television and books written by those chasing a buck there wouldnt be many who believe aliens exist at all let alone believe they randomly cruise our night skies with what would seem no destination or course in mind.

There exists not one shred of evidence that would suggest these dancing orbs of light emanate from beyond our atmosphere.

The concept of extraterrestrial life is an exciting and limitless one, and the attraction to such theories is totally understandable, but it does bother me how quickly and blindly believers are to accept any new piece of information, new theory, new found fact or latest NASA or government release.

edit on 2-7-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

Not everyone is in it for the money most are just plain interested in this and are searching for the truth. It doesnt have to random. Just because it may seem random to you it many have an important reason behind it for what ever is engaging this planet.

If you see orbs acting and moving intelligently, and shooting up at amazing speeds in the sky (some sightings say that this happened) you could come to the conclusion that something that is more intelligent is behind it.

Just because you dont believe doesnt mean its wrong. Your a closed minded person, i can tell that but there is tons of evidence that proves something is going on in our airspace whether you think its nonsense or not.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Because we weren't mentally prepared for mind blowing technology. We hardly knew anything about ourselves yet. Maybe they're testing us and if we survive long enough they'll share their technology with us. Maybe they gave us a little head start out of kindness.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join