It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The biggest logical hole in alien influence of ancient society.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Harte

Some things are inferred. When Jesus says that Marriage is only an Earthly thing, and when God says that sex is for married people, then sex is inferred as obsolete after death. No sex? no need for sexual organs. Hell, no need for organs in the new Earth and the new heaven.

I get the argument. However, it is dogma, not scripture.

At any rate, it wasn't the Nephilim that provided a gene pool for the "First Family."

Harte

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I never said they provided the gene pool. I'm just saying it's not spoken of where the first family found their mates and spread. Fact is, God could have created more people. And as long as nothing says he didn't, saying it's incest is baseless.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

I never said they provided the gene pool.

Sorry. I must've misread:

Well I actually do take the Bible literally. But who did they have kids with? Bible says how. Nephilim.

And as long as nothing says he didn't, saying it's incest is baseless.

I suppose if you believe Genesis literally, then this would be a problem. I agree with your solution, on that basis.

Harte

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I said a few posts back that my beliefs have changed as I look at it more closely. The Bible does not describe the Nephelim nor who they were nor what they did. It describes that sons of God had children with Daughters of man. I would imagine that these sons, being made from God, would be called sons of God.

What is known is that something not related to Adam (otherwise they would be called sons of adam) had children with the daughters of man, or Adam.

I do think Genesis is literally true, but in that truth, there is no description that definitively explains where those people came from.
edit on 26-6-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The Nephilim ARE described as being Giants and carnivorous and and overunning the human race by crossbreeding so that few if any real humans are left they waste resources and committed crimes against all the inhabitants of Earth fish reptiles ..et al

they made us because no matter what if you are taking resources you need workers and you need more workers to support the workers .good thing is if you establish a hierarchical society to control them and they are supporting themselves all you have to do is take the resources you programmed them to want to give you ! Free to them no effort required

they can't LIVE here they from another world They never Lived here they only park their giant factory ships in orbit around Earth when the slingshot window of of opportunity brings them here

Like the Spanish did in the colonial period .they seeded islands all along their established trade routes with pigs goats chickens and whatnot so they didn't have to worry about carrying food it would be there went they swung by by on the way to somewhere else

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
The Nephilim ARE described as being Giants and carnivorous and and overunning the human race by crossbreeding so that few if any real humans are left they waste resources and committed crimes against all the inhabitants of Earth fish reptiles ..et al

Could you please provde a link to any reliable reference that would support the above claim?

Harte

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Perhaps we are a school project?

Perhaps we are a petrie dish seeded and then left to develop of its own accord just to see what happens for the hell of it?

Why does there have to be a need to do anything.

If I hit an ant hill with a leaf blower or drop a sandwich by one and leave it there did I have a need to do either?

Perhaps they're combining their genetics with ours to find new anomalies in evolution to grow into for fun.

I can go on and on and on with possibilities. It really doesn't matter does it.

For me anyone at this point that doesn't "know" that our infinite universe is filled with innumerable types of life and intelligence is just a genetic throwback and thankfully will be left in the sands of time.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IKTOMI

But there is a contradictory, and indeed paradox, to your statement.

How can you mix your genes with another world's if life is so diverse? It's simply not possible. Life is not linear, it does not develop one way.

In addition, even a petri dish, should it have sentience, will find it's origins nonsensical for it's situation. That container of glass in no way could breed life. For ourselves, its quite clear that we indeed came from the very rocks around us. We indeed have the very chemical composition and ratios within our blood as the oceans do. It's clear. We came about naturally, without any contact from outside. And without proof of anything more than a safari trip landing here, there is no reason to believe we are the product of some parental or above creation.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

As slaves...you don't get taught the important crap. Look at our own history of slavery, we wouldn't even teach our slaves how to read, so therefore how the heck did they know they weren't supposed to enter an "whites only" establishment? They had to be TOLD! Sheesh common sense goes a long way.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

The only description of the Nephelim is that they had long necks and were "the dead ones". Giants is a medieval association not really found before. Meant of strength perhaps is more accurate. The Hercules typology.

Nothing created us, and there is no proof we were created. in addition, workers need not be man. if you can fly to the stars, you can make robots. In addition, most any resource they could need could be easily, and more efficiently, Acquired in asteroid belts and planet crackers. This is the same reason why you don't enslave the bacteria of your food to feed you, and instead just take up the whole and swallow it, letting your digestive system handle it.

Any creature that can create a life form, by default, can immunity themselves to a simple hazardous environment. That's just silly what you said.

It would be more easy to simply send matter back in time to use for yourself than to pop life on every world, all trillion-something of them. In fact, it's technically the best form of recycling. use something, then send it back in time to yourself to reuse.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

reply to post by IKTOMI

But there is a contradictory, and indeed paradox, to your statement.

How can you mix your genes with another world's if life is so diverse? It's simply not possible. Life is not linear, it does not develop one way.

In addition, even a petri dish, should it have sentience, will find it's origins nonsensical for it's situation. That container of glass in no way could breed life. For ourselves, its quite clear that we indeed came from the very rocks around us. We indeed have the very chemical composition and ratios within our blood as the oceans do. It's clear. We came about naturally, without any contact from outside. And without proof of anything more than a safari trip landing here, there is no reason to believe we are the product of some parental or above creation.

I have read your reply 7 times and it still looks completely nonsensical. Im getting a dim resemblance of that Dawkins douche out of it.

Do yourself a great big favor and get yourself a big bag of mushrooms and then tell me the entire universe isn't conscious.
edit on 06/28/2011 by IKTOMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKTOMI
Do yourself a great big favor and get yourself a big bag of mushrooms and then tell me the entire universe isn't conscious.

Such an assertion requires no mushrooms whatsoever. Unless you mean to imply that the mushrooms themselves would convince him.

Harte

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

This doesn't say why they didn't use robots instead.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IKTOMI

Well mind enhancing drugs isn't proof of anything.

I do not think nor see why the universe would be conscious. I do think there is a great big variety of life out there, but I do not expect them all, if any besides ourselves, to be upright hominids. Or even upright at all.

As a former atheist and former follower of Dawkins, I do indeed still have the pompous atheist in me at times. Sorry if that comes out sometimes.

The Christian in me wants to think God would make all his thinking children look the same to prove himself. The former atheist in me just doesn't see how it's possible.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I guess you never heard of I, Robot or Skynet from The Terminator movie fame. AI (Artificial Intelligence) is a very bad idea, why do you think we don't create AI? Too many things can go wrong and what you are describing is AI.
But I am not going to sit and argue with anybody, there will be proof come the next few years, then Can I say "I told you so"?
I will not waste anymore time on this thread, It's closed minded and based on many more "What if's" Than my belief.
Have fun living in your nice little box. I hope it don't get too stuffy in there.
Also I find anybody that can belive in the Bible as literal history, well they've gotta be more delusional then all of us ancient alien believers put together.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Oh and I suppose writing code is much different than writing dna? The same problems in biology are the same problems in robotics. be it one misplaced gene creating too much rage, or one wrong 1 creating too much rage. It makes no difference.

What strikes me as the most ignorant statement from you is that not believing in aliens making humans makes me closed minded.... yet believing the earth and stars are full of sentience doesn't change your mind?

Do explain. how is it? I believe in aliens and that the universe is full of them. But because I don't believe aliens made humans I'm closed minded.

So believing in something which has proof and not believing in something that has no proof makes me closed minded? I truly need to hear a response to that!
edit on 2-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The following quote is from the book "ALIEN INTELLIGENCE" by Stuart Holroyd, Copyright 1979:

"Legends of the culture-bearer from the sky are also found in Egypt, where he is named Osiris, in India [the Vedic god Agni], in Mexico [Quetzalcoatl], and in Iran and China.....
In their ceremonials the Hopi Indians of Arizona still remember the Kachina people, a clan of non-human beings, who guided the Hopis to the lands they made their home and imparted a wealth of occult knowledge to them. This knowledge was the basis of the religion and the husbandry the Hopis practised in their arid region. The Anthropologist Frank Waters, who compiled and published "The Book of the Hopi", based on oral accounts of their traditions and beliefs given by thirty-two contemporary Hopi elders, writes that:

The Kachina people did not come to the Fourth World like the rest of the people. IN FACT THEY WERE NOT PEOPLE. They were spirits sent to give help and guidance to the clans, taking the forms of ordinary people and being commonly regarded as the Kachina Clan.....

According to Hopi cosmology and legendary history the human race inhabited three other planetary worlds before it came to the planet Earth, and in its evolution it must move on to three more worlds yet. Beyond these worlds there lie two other realms, the ninth and last being that of the Creator himself. Man tends to corrupt and destroy his world although with each new emergence he starts out pure. However, a few individuals who lead pure and perfect lives become Kachinas
when they die and do not have to be reincarnated into the plodding cycle of human evolution. They go to another universe, whence they may return periodically to guide man's further evolution and help him in various ways in his present life."

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

My friend, your conclusion lacks any real sense of research and understanding but like most of us that stepped to the front line as skeptics I must say welcome. Have you ever considered that our evolutionary jump was brought about by other worldly beings.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PositivelyDetermined

What proof is there of it? The full evolutionary timeline of man is pretty much known. We even know now of hybrids between our kind and cousin species, much like we see in many other native species.

There really isn't anything that says we were anything but the product of random selection. 5 million years of branching, extinction, branching, hybridization, extinction, and adaptation. over and over again.

Do you see any gaps in human evolution?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

We already know that a great deal of the cultures you listed are linked through history and translation of myth across borders. So really, it isn't similar stories between unlinked people, but the same myth from their common ancestors. Anyone who looks at the night story finds awe in it, of course. But that just reinforces it as a created myth of our species.

And as usual, where is the gap in our evolution that fits your description?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join