It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The biggest logical hole in alien influence of ancient society.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
First of all, aliens are not gods. If the ancient gods actually existed, they were aliens. You forget that there is a preponderance of evidence for aliens, whereas there is absolutely none for gods.

There is precisely the same amount of evidence for both. None, in other words.

Harte

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

Exactly. No different than a "Does God exist" argument". Sure I believe it, but there is no proof either way. So we assume it's irrelevant in the scientific world of evidence until there is proof. Aliens are the same way, at least in terms of visiting ones.

Alien intervention has no proof. There are no sudden jumps. There is a smooth pattern of evolution to everything we have made. Ergo, no jumps. No gaps for aliens to fit into.

My claims are not baseless. You have not proven I am wrong on hominids because you can't There was no jump over the course of 200 years between cro magnon and man, because they are the same species, and you cannot detect that precisely. Carbon dating can only be that accurate for a few thousand years. Phosphorus a a bit longer, etc etc. And they get less accurate further back with the other elements.

These things are fact. Now unless you have evidence to say otherwise, you really have no place. I, however, do.

encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com...

archaeology.about.com...

And the links to sources from the wiki page are pretty valid too.

www.tutorvista.com...

If you need any other sources just ask.

The fact remains as is. Humanity has done many things, all on their own. Now I have no doubt that aliens have visited and observed us, and I have no doubt that a good number of them are probably extinct, and a good number have gone elsewhere, and a good number are still chilling some place. But unless you have proof of your aliens of the gap fallacy, please do stop trying.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Oh Egypt had keystone arches. They just didn't have sex with them and put them every freaking where like the Romans did. They used it in a functional manner. Granaries, etc etc.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Seems quite absurd for you to agree that they visited and -- at the same time -- disagree that they intervened. You still have not proven that extraterrestrials never influenced ancient people. There is a gap in your argument and I'll explain it with this scenario:

Suppose extraterrestrials visit ancient men, abduct a few, modify their DNA for evolutionary advancement, remove any traces that can indicate genetic modification (such as making most of our DNA extremely difficult to unlock and decode) and then return them. Of course modern scientists and skeptics wouldn't think that extraterrestrials intervened because that was the intention in the first place, but the fact that there was genetic manipulation still remains. Even though scientists disagree with it because they can't find the evidence, it is still a fact, regardless of what people think.

See, there are numerous facts that we do not yet know of. There are also numerous people who do not yet know of known facts, some of them even disagreeing with those known facts and instead choosing to believe something else that is false, even going as far as asserting that their false belief is a fact. Sure, there's not enough evidence to convince you that extraterrestrials intervened, but you do not have enough evidence to prove otherwise.

Let's suppose my extraterrestrial scenario is true. What if that's the case? What about Robert Lazar? Some people suggest that he's a hoaxer (Some guy who lies for the hell of it and builds devices to "hoax" experiments for the hell of it? Right, whatever.). Is it not a logical fallacy to suggest he's a liar when nobody else was in his position when he worked at S4? They couldn't possibly "know" he's lying like they suggest because they simply were not there when his experiences occurred. That same principle applies to the extraterrestrial intervention scenario, as well as the beginning of the universe and many other things. Your argument is no more valid than mine. At least I actually think of these things. Sometimes it seems like I'm the only one who does.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
How could it be without the modern communications and the Internet:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

But here is admited even the existence of advanced people just like us:

www.scribd.com...

If we understand that we don’t know anything it will be a great success.
The ancients have been known also with the plasma life forms and they
maybe have been communicating somehow with them.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by realitydiscovered

I suggest providing this link instead: Majestic Documents

They're likely to label your link as a "hoax" possibly because they may think it's "not official". The website I provided has many relevant documents (including the Einstein memo) and they were all carefully analyzed by credible professionals, which adds very much to their authenticity. The fact that most of the documents have been given really high authenticity ratings doesn't even surprise me because it was already obvious to me that they're not fake.

edit on 1/9/2011 by Condemned0625 because: Link fix.

edit on 1/9/2011 by Condemned0625 because: 2nd link fix.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I think it's kind of like training your cat to use the toilet. You don't just give your cat access to nuclear technology right off the bat.

Imagine going back in time, would you really want to be discussing nuclear technology? Do you really think that our species would have made it to 2011 if in ancient times you led them all along the way? idk..

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Why would creatures with presumably warp drive technology and other cool stuff teach Humans how to cut rocks and build big stuff? Of all the stuff they have, why teach that?

Now I've heard worship. But the flaw remains. What is their need? Why do they need us? And how can you know they even understand worship or religion, that they even look like us or are anything like us?
edit on 8-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

After a while you don't want anything back from helping another species.

Probably they are evolved enough to think of the others and when they see a potential in becoming intelligent they jump start that species and then leave it evolve itself.

Or another theory is that the species that influenced us was the first and i mean the very first intelligent and they started feeling lonely and started exploring to create new intelligent life forms.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
you wouldn't want the employees as smart as the management would you?

that would make the management redundant.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Perhaps they left huge monuments that would last so that even centuries later their legacy, of monuments that appear almost 'impossible' to have been constructed by humans (for their time) would continue to cause debate, and enlightnement to their (the aliens) existence, like clues that lead to eventual disclosure through mass realisation.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

If they loved us, Wanted us to succeed, they wouldn't touch us. Interaction leads to destruction. Always

You do realize you have no idea what you are talking about and are theorizing? These are just generalities that may or may not be true.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

You're making some assumption there. Not that I'm not, but yours aren't any better than mine. Stories say they mixed their DNA with ours, stories say they did have sex with us. So what I said is not farfetched. Why on earth would they not have need for sex? Sure, there might be few species who stopped doing that, or never did that at all, but just because you're advanced enough to travel from another solar system to another, or create a new species, it doesn't mean you wouldn't have need for sex. Some conspiracy theorists say even we are able to do that. Have people in the know stopped having need for sex? I doubt that. If the general population is told about this technology, would we stop having the need for sex? Not for many, many thousands of years. If ever. Whose to say these aliens aren't fairly new to this technology? And just because we tend to make most of the work with robots, it doesn't mean some other species would care about making robots for everything.

I watched the video. What proof do you have that something like that is possible? Well, let's assume it is. You could travel in universe, you could create a life-form, you could create badass robots, but it doesn't mean you're even nearly as advanced to have some liquid that grows factories from the ground. That's like comparing to creating a fire and and a car. And speaking of cars. Do we have robots that collect all the recources that are needed to build the car? Of course not.

A human can kill yes. Which is deadlier, a pissed off human with a stick, or a messed up robot? Well, I didn't really mean that the robot would suddenly take a gun at you. I meant technical problems that could end up in fatalities.

My opinion is mostly based on what I would do. If I wanted a huge load of stuff from the nature and was too lazy to do it myself, I'd rather create a life-form who lives in the nature and who could find it easily. I wouldn't bother programming a robot that could detect all the stuff I wanted, collect it, bring it to me, repeat. All that without breaking apart, and also recreating itself out of "nothing" in the mean time. While the work would start much later than with robots, in the long run, it's more profitable. And to fuel the fire, if you're saying it's possible to have this superliquid that grows factories, then they could have the technology to grow humans to their twenties and plant skills in his brains, in just a matter of minutes.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Nevermind.
edit on 1/9/2011 by MrAndy because: Delete

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There's one reason these "aliens" might have helped us with the creation of structures like the pyramids and such, is to show the people of today, what we can achieve compared to what we are achieving at the moment.

The pyramids are still classed as one of the 8 wonders of the world and most of the wonders of the world were made 1000's of years ago, so why are we making weapons now, and not more marvels for future generations to enjoy?

PS sorry if this should of been another thread

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Gorman in your arguments you are assuming that robotic technology is better than using a semi natural process this is only your assumption

you're claiming capabilities for 'nano technology " that are not proven, only projections of how you think it should work and not how advanced civilizations use technology

Look at the world we live in now we have stone age cultures living next advanced cultures
it was the same then that's why everything is so confusing we do archeological digs and we assume because we are digging up a cave everyone in the time we are concerned with lived in caves

we can't seem to get it through our heads that there were different levels of civilization then as now

the Vedas indicate that ETS the Gods they called them, lived in luxurious space stations that orbited us

they did marry us and they did make some of us equal to them in social Status and every ancient text or scripture on the planet describes them as being just like us emotionally just petty just as power hungry and ego driven greedy and jealous and status hungry
and some of them were compassionate, loving and protective of us and they fought with each over this ,says so in every scripture every ancient account.

so I am suggesting that rather than just broadly saying this how a spacefaring conquering civilization operates
you start with the information we actually have that is ancient accounts of eyewitness encounters ,the artifacts we do have and go from there

there appears to have more than one race or culture of ETs here the Sumerian texts talk about a rce of workers that they apparently brought with them who settled in large cities and worked for the elites of their culture and they had a huge rebellion that resulted in us humans being substituted for them
the book of Enoch talks about 200 'angels who defied their Prime directive and interbred with people and animals! screwing up alot of things and generally causing chaos and so on and so forth
I would prefer to believe we have been alone in the universe but it seems not to me at least for now

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Im not saying I believe in this, but if I was leader of an advanced civilization and came across primitive humans, after seeing how violent they are I would be hesitant to give them technology that could be turned against us. Id give them just enough to give them a boost but not enough to potentially harm us.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Prevalent_Disease because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Perhaps, this is but a game they play. Set up a primitive society, tweek it here and there to create drama along with interesting structures etc. Somewhat like kids play on computers, only with real living beings, wiped of memories.

Now lets assume that these beings need animating so we take turns riding in these beings for their short life spans. What a ride, some short as in war some long as in aging some adventurous and some down-rite boring. That is life here, just a ride in an amusement park of sorts. Now when we get aware of that this is a set up situation, we then perhaps get to leave and allow others to take their turn. I for one am ready to bug out after this trip, the game is out of control I choose to move on.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I don't particularly believe in the ancient alien theory myself, but I'd say that they might give us technology because they wanted to see what would happen. I'm not saying that it was very responsible, but I could see them doing it out of curiosity; in the same situation, I'd be sorely tempted myself.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The crop circle from Ohio showing the presences of the Vitruvian Man
in the universe. I was wandering through the threads and it came into
my mind:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunqueen30
If we can engineer life, how valuable is it?

We can engineer life, but we can't create it. Not a single lifeform has been created by man from nothing.

The best we can do is put artificial DNA into an already-living cell and make it multiply. Amazing though that is, it doesn't really count.

So, yeah, life is still pretty damn valuable.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join