It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this nibiru - 2 vids taken today, one in u.s. one in jerusalem

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

As I said earlier up, definitely a sundog

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by greeny122229

It's a sundog, or "sunburst" as I like to call it. Very pretty though! One of the prettiest I've seen and I see them quite often. Next time I see one, I'll take a pic.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
If it was a planet coming into view...EVERYONE would be seeing it.
Not just two random youtube account holders.

This is a common phenomenon called SUNDOGS.
Just as the above poster stated and linked to.
It happens quite frequently.
I've seen a few myself.

Here's a great picture of some.
?

edit on 8-1-2011 by havok because: added link

ok so ruling out a planet and sundogs what is it??

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeny122229
don't you nedd to be looking at the sun for a sundog?

The answer is no. You don't need to be looking at the sun for a sundog.

link   
You have to ask youself, if you take the cloud away would you still see the same thing? I do not think you would. There are heaps of videos like this which make me believe they are not legit.

link   

No.
Not ruling out anything.

They are sundogs.

De-bunked.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

It's a sundog, or "sunburst" as I like to call it. Very pretty though! One of the prettiest I've seen and I see them quite often. Next time I see one, I'll take a pic.

the sundog bit then, sorry for being a tard, don't you have to have the sun in shot to get the phenomen? , as previously stated the sun isn't presnet in some parts of the vid?

link   
Seriously? You think that's a planet? It's called a Sundog.
Definition from: What is a sundog?

A sundog is an optical phenomenon that is sometimes observed in the sky when sunlight interacts with ice clouds or particles in the atmosphere.

Just another wonderous occurance on our planet Earth.

link   

an even better one, more like the video
edit on 8-1-2011 by grifta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeny122229
the sundog bit then, sorry for being a tard, don't you have to have the sun in shot to get the phenomen? , as previously stated the sun isn't presnet in some parts of the vid?

No, The sun does not need to be directly in the frame to get a sundog.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If this is a planet don't you think it's strange so few people have reported seeing a huge object in the sky? I'd think scientists will know if there's a planet so close to earth that is actually visible during daytime.

It's a sundog. Debunked indeed.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Cool thanks for all the input, my mind has been put to rest. had never heard of a sundog before now

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Nah, you're not a tard.
And nope, the sun doesn't have to be in the shot. It's not the camera that causes it. It's actually the clouds acting sort of like a prism and therefore resulting in the rainbow colors you see. If you were looking at it with the naked eye, it would look the same.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Where in the US was the video taken? I am in Vernon British Columbia and we have relatively clear skies at the moment. I took a look toward the sun with and without sunglasses and I see......wait for it.........its coming.........ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It's probably one of those, what do you call them, oh ya, sundogs.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
To put it simply a sun dog is caused by reflections in ice crystals in the atmosphere. The reflection/flare if you will appears in the sky which is why you can physically see it and it does not move as a camera moves.
The reflection is actually there.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Wouldn't we notice a gravitational distortion or pull from this planet? There would be some sort of serious consequences for a planet this big being in our solar system. Even more so being that close.
It is a nice picture though.
edit on 8-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Heavens Above (excuse the pun) Could this be the second sun they talk about in ancient texts. I have pictures I took last week in NZ - the Sun with an enormous perfect circle around it but don;t know how to upload it.
I hope we get some follow up on this it's fantastic!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

It is a bright sundog alright, with lower thick cloud at the periphery below, that's probably helping to achieve a sundogbeam, just like a sunbeam. There is a more correct term for this particular one according to it's position and time of day etc, so more info needed. They are all generally called sundogs.

edit on 8-1-2011 by smurfy because: Add text.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
future thread dec22 2012......... dark star approaches link to cnn.. those were not sun dogs on you tube, we had many warnings.
i can so see that thread in 2 years rite before the internet shuts down for good.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by oswego
future thread dec22 2012......... dark star approaches link to cnn.. those were not sun dogs on you tube, we had many warnings.
i can so see that thread in 2 years rite before the internet shuts down for good.

That's because you are delusional.

And according to your join date, a n00b as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join