It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey guys!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have been lurking these forums for about 7 or 8 years now... I was initially drawn to the site because I was getting interested in the paranormal but eventually I slowly began to venture into the other forums. I never thought I would get into the conspiracy theories but they have grown on me. Currently I spend most of my time in breaking alternative news. My favorite forums are breaking news, general conspiracy, sci/tech and paranormal. There have been several topics I have wanted to post on but was always too intimidated to sign up because of how well spoken and intelligent many of the members tend to be. I guess I felt like I wouldn't be able to contribute enough. Because of the overall good nature of the ATS family I finally decided to muster up the courage to make the plunge. It's odd, I've spent so much time here I feel like I already know several of the members. Anyway, I am excited to be able to join in and I look forward to meeting some new friends with common interests. Take care all and go easy on me. :-p

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthXninja

I am sure you will do fine mate. Just call it how you see it and keep an open mind. There are many stories with just one reality, we all have trouble finding it at times.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I offer my most enthusiastic contrafibularities on your decision to join!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Dobryy den' stealthXninja..!

Like the tag...

There have been several topics I have wanted to post on but was always too intimidated to sign up because of how well spoken and intelligent many of the members tend to be.

Everyone has their own way of contributing, so get to it...cya in the trenches.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Hi stealthXninja, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

CX

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

I offer my most enthusiastic contrafibularities on your decision to join!

Ah...."Tis a common word down our way."

Welcome to ATS StealthXninja.....looking forward to seeing you around the boards.

CX.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Everyone has their own way of contributing, so get to it...cya in the trenches.

That's a great point facelift. We're all on the same team. It doesn't matter who contributes what as long as we all contribute what we can.

Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone! I'll see you out there!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Also, would someone mind telling me what the "k" is for on the member stats? I figured out the rest of them but I couldn't guess that one and couldn't find it in the help section...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

It's kisses. Just read the TOS

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

If the TOS is different than the T&C then I could not find the TOS and I didn't see it in the t&c... If it actually stood for kisses, that would be funny. Thanks for the laugh. I was able to find out that it means karma points in the freshman forums. Thanks for the help!

edit on 9-1-2011 by stealthXninja because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
K stands for 'Karma' rating I think....

It's a calculation that ATS does when it compares contributions and postings etc etc..

I noticed that member 'CX' has a HIGH K rating, obviously He/She is a very calming influence !!

Sorry, my mistake - they have a high 'appalause rating' not 'K' rating,.......

Regards

PDUK

edit on 9-1-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: edited as I quoting wrong information about CX

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Thanks purple dog. Also where are you seeing the applause rating? I read about what it was but all I see in the stats are: posts, flags, stars, wats index and karma. Maybe I can't see or receive applause until after 20 posts?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthXninja
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Thanks purple dog. Also where are you seeing the applause rating? I read about what it was but all I see in the stats are: posts, flags, stars, wats index and karma. Maybe I can't see or receive applause until after 20 posts?

Nevermind about the applause rating. I see it shows on your profile. I tried to edit my post rather than making a new one but for some reason it was editing your post purple dog. Glitch? I have another question that I couldn't figure out. How do you insert line breaks into a post? I tried < b > but that was for bold. Is it br? And also, smiles won't appear on my post. It shows up in the text window but won't display the image or the text in the actual post. If there is a specific place I should be asking these questions please feel free to let me know and link me in the right direction... I find it difficult to find specific help threads and in general have not been able to use the search feature successfully either (I can't get it to display results for any term I've searched).
edit on 9-1-2011 by stealthXninja because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join