It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never posted my music to ATS before .. so here goes ( No Forgiveness )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is off an upcoming project that isn't out yet, so just looking to share.

UPDATE:

If you liked that, then here's some links to more of the work on soundcloud..

Hesitation
System Failure ( Glitch Genre )
Soundcloud Account .. for other misc. newer work
Oneduality.com ( official site with all of my past work )

edit on 8-1-2011 by miniatus because: Added some additional music links

edit on 8-1-2011 by miniatus because: More links

edit on 8-1-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What did you use to put this one together?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This particular piece was put together with a series of VSTi's in Acid and a little work in FL.. I'm moving away from the PC stuff however and starting to produce in Logic and build a new home studio that's a bit more streamlined .. old habits die hard though
I'm too used to jumping back from app to app to various things.

This is part of a 20 song collection that I'm finishing up..

Edit: The guitar work is not software based, that is my partner Quintin

Some of the guitar work in other pieces, is indeed software based.. but wanted to make sure I gave credit where credit is due.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
That was really good!

Deep and melodic, I could listen to that kinda stuff all day

Good stuff!!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Would you categorize this as a form of industrial?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
Would you categorize this as a form of industrial?

Good question, my style has changed so dramatically over the last 3 years that I don't exactly know how I would categorize it .. I was classically trained as a pianist when I was a boy and then got pretty heavy into NIN, Skinnypuppy and some other industrial bands in the 90s so when I started out my stuff was almost entirely electronic and very ambient.. sort of like what you'd hear in a film score..

I used to have three albums in iTunes and on Amazon but pulled them and started over .. what's up there now is something I could only really describe as sort of new-age/enigma-esque.. I enjoyed working on it but it was a bit too .. happy .. so I immediately took a new approach and started just writing music without giving any consideration to a style, just toying with sounds until I found something that felt right and that's what I'm finishing up now.. it mixes in piano and electronic elements in a way I haven't really tried before and I'm pretty happy with it..

The concept is sort of a half in half thing.. the first 10 songs are lighter in mood without being too light, the second half is dark and brooding.. that's why the cover work is half white and half black... I have no idea how it will be received, but it's been fun to produce.

To answer your question more specifically.. this particular song, someone told me sounded like synthpop to them .. one of the songs I've done for this work is almost entirely what I would call glitch.. I'll work on getting that one up.

Actually .. I do have it up on soundcloud... one moment and I'll post some links

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I added three links to songs I have hosted on soundcloud that you can check out.. System Failure is from the second half, though not exactly dark..

There's several songs I left public on www.soundcloud.com/oneduality

I took most of the project private

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Very nice overall sound performance wise,beautifully executed. If you don't mind a little constructive criticism, I feel the sequence pattern needs to change around the 1 min mark, you build around 1:30 but it is just another layer. If you have a guitarist I would suggest getting nasty around 1:45, I kept waiting for the goosebumps affect and it didn't quite happen. After the guitar freaks out drop it back with very little sequencing and some choral stuff. Another short build up and then hit it with everything.

Music is very subjective but great music follows some basic rules.

Still very well done.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72

Very nice overall sound performance wise,beautifully executed. If you don't mind a little constructive criticism, I feel the sequence pattern needs to change around the 1 min mark, you build around 1:30 but it is just another layer. If you have a guitarist I would suggest getting nasty around 1:45, I kept waiting for the goosebumps affect and it didn't quite happen. After the guitar freaks out drop it back with very little sequencing and some choral stuff. Another short build up and then hit it with everything.

Music is very subjective but great music follows some basic rules.

Still very well done.

Absolutely open to criticism.. and you're probably right, nothing is 100% final on this yet.. I'm still going through and making final edits and some of them have been pretty major to certain tracks.. one of the biggest issues I have personally is that without a vocalist I try to not draw things out too long.. I'm trying to break that habit and just try to keep it interesting and evolving as I go with interesting breaks .. it's been a big shift from what I normally do ..

I really appreciate the feedback and will talk to Quintin to see what we can do, or pick up and work on it myself .. though he's better on a guitar than I am

I'd like to know your thoughts about Hesitation .. there's a link posted above.. it's a bit more laid back and slightly more unusual..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Dude, that's some killer stuff. Especially the first one. I just found me some new "work" music.
Keep us posted!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Again, a very nice piece, I am still looking for dynamics, I thought at 0:47 bring percussion right up front and push it hard. drop it back a little in refrain. and then hit it again. drop it off just before the end. Percussion has a good sound and I really want to hear it. Just my opinion dude.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
S+F for the first track!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon
S+F for the first track!

Thank you very much!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
No problem mate,i just clicked your hesitation link,very good some cool tunes on there.
Listen this is just my opion but on most of the songs i keep waiting for them to kick in,i would love to hear a heavy phat beat to come in on 1 or 2 of them,something like this:
The beat im on about kicks in on 1:07.

But dude this is totally just my opinion,keep up the good work,peace!
edit on 9/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Sorry for the super long delay in responding but when I was browsing ATS the other day I suddenly got a bunch of virus warnings, scanned and cleaned it up then they came back .. I figured I may have a rootkit so I ran a rootkit detector and the MOMENT it discovered "rootkit activity" the system bluescreened and my entire drive got wiped out ..

I've since reinstalled my OS and recovered my critical files ... hoping to get back to work now!

Just a word of warning though, I saw some others post about viruses on ATS ... it SEEMS like my incident happened while on ATS but there's no way to know for sure if that is the case unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I just checked out some of your music and I like it! I had my son and his friends check it out too. They said they liked it too but, they said that it needs to have some of the beats mixed up a bit. They are 18-21. Also, noticed you were Ohio(go Bucks), so are we!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Hey, good stuff. I enjoy finding things that are a bit more "unique". I myself am a drummer and pianist, and I make a bunch of odd music. It's awesome that there are people out there not too mainstream to actually make music that means things..

new topics

top topics

join