It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN error with Ben Stein very odd as we note the oddity 1.7.11

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
I'm so happy you posted this - I thought I was the only one who saw it. Is CNN delayed in the UK by a few minutes. If it is, maybe someone called someone in the UK to film it.

I saw it live, it was almost hypnotic.

Why was "CNN Washington" posted at the end? Isn't CNN located in Atlanta?

Really?? Honestly? You saw this shown live? And it DID do this?

Creepy

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Assynt

Originally posted by lellomackin
This is basically an infinite loop effect.

Like in the cheesy 80's videos where they point the camera at a tv that is showing the video cam feed.

Except, in this case it is happening in the Chyron (lower thirds graphic) switcher.

The camera feed goes through the machine that puts the titles on the bottom. Something obviously glitched and got stuck in a loop. The titles cascade since it is passing through the machine in a loop. You can see 13, but there is really an infinite number as the loop will continue until stopped, they are just outside of the viewing area.

That's the technical explanation. Feel free to run wild with other theories.

Thank you for putting a realistic explanation to this. I worked in TV production (engineer) and it definately looks like a feedback loop (digital) at the switcher, the director has switched the output back to the input. Very simple. Nothing to do with Masons or Pyramids, someone hit the wrong button, thats all.

Could be nothing but because there's usually a delay/lag between 'live' and 'broadcasting', one doesn't see this too often. In fact,
Larry King does have an intentional broadcast-delay of live material to prevent bloopers, profanity (of live phone-callers) etc so why this wasn't caught and corrected is strange.

It's just interesting that's all. And the fact that someone took time to analyze it and read something into it (Pyramids) is if nothing else........creative.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Television broadcasts are generally on a few second delays. The graphic on the bottom of the screen is called a lower third in broadcasting/tv editing terms. The transfers, the animations, the news feeds and nearly all graphical changes that happen during the duration of a news broadcast are almost completely automated. What we have here imho, is a human error in the booth. This occurred from one feed being sent to the broadcasting network and they put it into a window with an automated news ticker. But the video feed was of itself. This created the type of effect you'll see if you film your television while the tv is broadcasting what you're filming. Or if you're standing between two mirrors at the same time. So I think it's human/computer error with 90% confidence.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by patmac

.....................or so they'll have us believing

It is probably just a human technical anomaly but c'mon....it is weird never-the-less!

Thanks for the explanation

(although I liked the original one MUCH better. It gives hope that we have outside influences chiming in to help us through this human- mess we're all in )

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Yep. It's super interesting to play around with if you have a camera hooked up to the tv. I tried to find another video of this effect on youtube but I can't think of it's textbook definition. Super cool though.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Very weird!

Anyone with a broadcasting background that can make a comment on whether they think it was splicing or a problem with the transfer?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I would say hoax?
if you film the TV and have on the TV what you are filming.
you can get some thing like that.
I think his vid cam made a loop with the TV.
or the TV station LOL.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
CNN is a joke anyway, controlled media...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
very weird indeed .. flagued !!

if that happened to my TV i would go check outside to see if there is a flying saucer disturbing my antenna lol
did that happen on all TV on that moment or only 1 ?
edit on 1/28/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
She probably did have this on DVR and then filmed it with her cam.

Very strange, but could have been a glitch anywhere along the path...from CNN, at one or more satellites, at her cable provider, in her DVR. I imagine if it originated at CNN or their satellite, if at the provider a few less, and if at her DVR she'd be the only one.

Did other people see it is the first question to ask.
edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
very weird indeed .. flagued !!

if that happened to my TV i would go check outside to see if there is a flying saucer disturbing my antenna lol
did that happen on all TV on that moment or only 1 ?
edit on 1/28/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

From page 1

Originally posted by Daughter2
I'm so happy you posted this - I thought I was the only one who saw it. Is CNN delayed in the UK by a few minutes. If it is, maybe someone called someone in the UK to film it.

I saw it live, it was almost hypnotic.

Why was "CNN Washington" posted at the end? Isn't CNN located in Atlanta?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Oh...ok...missed that part about seeing it live. CNN HQ is in Atlanta and they have bureaus in major cities around the world, including DC.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
There are 13 "steps" that is really weird. As for filming, I wondered that too. It could be possible if it was recorded on a DVR, and then filmed after playing it back. So the question remains, why would someone DVR that particular CNN clip?

The man's voice says "they wanted him off" and so maybe he was watching it for the first time and his daughter saw it first on DVR and then played it back to record and had her father watch it with her. However, the question still remains why would someone DVR that particular interview at just the moment it glitches.

It could be a home hoax, but if it was a glitch it is quite the coincidence for the bars to resemble a pyramid AND have 13 steps.
edit on 28-1-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join