It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN error with Ben Stein very odd as we note the oddity 1.7.11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have no idea where to stick this but...it's pretty weird.

I took the (possible) explanation below from another forum so they are NOT my words.

Just thought it was extremely interesting and wanted to share!

1. The sound skips so it says "encounter"
2. the lines create a pyramid.
3. Then starting with the bottom black box, it climbs the pyramid until it reaches the top.
4. It climbs the steps 3 times.
5. the pyramid has 13 steps and the top platform of the pyramid.
6. @ :27, the 9th step goes blank. (during the 1st of 3 climbs)
7. @ :37, the 8th step goes blank (during the 2nd of 3 climbs)
8. @ :47, the 7th step goes blank (during the 3rd of 3 climbs)
9. @:50 it goes to the default error broadcast signal
10. you can see the "source" code on the middle:
18d 16:9
1080i59

The Mayan pyramid of Consciousness has 13 cycles.
Once we go through all 13 cycles, we reach the top of our cycle time.
Each of the Nine Underworlds was created through a sequence of Thirteen Heavens
In each of the Nine Underworlds there exists Thirteen Heavens or more simply, thirteen specific durations of days and nights within each of the corresponding Underworlds. The 13 evolutionary steps of the Great Cycle are 7 light cycles, expansive and progressive, separated by 6 dark cycles. The number thirteen is a direct reference to seven days or Seven Lords of Creation and six nights of divine action which constitute the Thirteen Heavens, thus we have 13.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

what the ................................

that's freaking weird man.....

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Strange - Are you suggesting this is connected with the Masons or something? I'm not being funny - could you expand a little of your thoughts - interesting.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiseupall

To be perfectly honest......I thought it was extremely strange but then I started thinking (after I posted it on here of course)....why was this person filming CNN in their home in the first place?

Now I am suspicious by nature so I question everything but......I also embrace the 'paranormal/strange' very easily too.

But I don't even know if one can even replicate this effect.

I would like to see the original segment though. I don't watch TV but I did make an attempt to search it out on YouTube but couldn't find anything.

Did anyone catch it live on TV so to corroborate this?
(but ya gotta admit, the explanation attached (from someone else) is VERY interesting, eh?)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I would've loved to see that in person!
Very interesting to see a glitch like that...
Never even witnessed anything close to that before.

Cool find.

*S&F*

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Interesting glitch, but personally I dont think it means anything.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Could it be the new technology of a way to blank them out on the air when the presenters say the wrong thing, coming out with something they shouldn't. We are being controled in so many ways.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
As to why she was filming CNN- here in the UK certain cable providers allow a live rewind feature, do you have that over in the US? If you don't (which I realise is unlikely) that makes things very strange - though she does seem to sound like she knew what was coming, especially near the end when the error message appears and she says "and now we get that...", supporting that she watched it live, then rewound it in order to record it.
edit on 8-1-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Exactly, do people just sit around and video record the t.v.? They make dvr's that, lol.

I don't know about the glitch being any more than just that. That being said, I've never seen one take that form.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is basically an infinite loop effect.

Like in the cheesy 80's videos where they point the camera at a tv that is showing the video cam feed.

Except, in this case it is happening in the Chyron (lower thirds graphic) switcher.

The camera feed goes through the machine that puts the titles on the bottom. Something obviously glitched and got stuck in a loop. The titles cascade since it is passing through the machine in a loop. You can see 13, but there is really an infinite number as the loop will continue until stopped, they are just outside of the viewing area.

That's the technical explanation. Feel free to run wild with other theories.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ScepticalBeliever

I think what you're talking about is TiVo? I have no idea how it works (like I mentioned, I don't watch TV let alone, tape it)
So being out of the technological loop for a while, I don't know if someone can purposefully cause this affect by taping it then tweaking it.

I simply don't know.

It's cool whatever it is even if someone created it. Very ingenious if ya ask me because I keep asking myself "what will hoaxers come up with next"

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lellomackin

Are you saying this is a real glitched or a homemade-hoax glitch?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Looks to me like a studio side glitch. If you were doing it off of the camera recording the TV, the whole image on the TV would loop, not just the title overlay.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ScepticalBeliever

I was going to suggest the same thing as you, regards the Live rewind & pause of live T.V. Here in the uk we have been able to instantly pause any channel & rewind through various digital boxes. Is this available in the USA?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by lellomackin

Are you saying this is a real glitched or a homemade-hoax glitch?

I don't know but I think I can re-create the effect by huffing on some whip-its until I go fishing.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If you watch until the end, you will se the color bars and the internal station format i.d. and lineup.

Doubt someone would go through the time to replicate that just for fun, although it's hard to tell what some people will do these days.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthPhobos

Yes and I believe the device is called TiVo. I am not up on modern technology but that' what was used last time I inquired.

But this looks like it's being taped by a hand-held camera, no?
If not, why is it shaky?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm so happy you posted this - I thought I was the only one who saw it. Is CNN delayed in the UK by a few minutes. If it is, maybe someone called someone in the UK to film it.

I saw it live, it was almost hypnotic.

Why was "CNN Washington" posted at the end? Isn't CNN located in Atlanta?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lellomackin
This is basically an infinite loop effect.

Like in the cheesy 80's videos where they point the camera at a tv that is showing the video cam feed.

Except, in this case it is happening in the Chyron (lower thirds graphic) switcher.

The camera feed goes through the machine that puts the titles on the bottom. Something obviously glitched and got stuck in a loop. The titles cascade since it is passing through the machine in a loop. You can see 13, but there is really an infinite number as the loop will continue until stopped, they are just outside of the viewing area.

That's the technical explanation. Feel free to run wild with other theories.

Thank you for putting a realistic explanation to this. I worked in TV production (engineer) and it definately looks like a feedback loop (digital) at the switcher, the director has switched the output back to the input. Very simple. Nothing to do with Masons or Pyramids, someone hit the wrong button, thats all.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm calling hoax and bad acting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join