It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Lights over Tampa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
A friend of mine that lives in Tampa, Florida took some interesting pictures of strange lights they have been seeing on occasion. It was heading north--parallel with U.S. 19 just prior to 10PM Eastern Time.

I'm probably one of the biggest skeptics on this board, but I could not match the lights to anything logical that I can think of, if it were a commercial plane it would have nav lights, military as well.

Can anybody identify what we have here?

Thanks!!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This was last night? I am on the east coast and the sun is just now going down. We're at the indigo blue stage right now you know where its not longer day but not quite night either?? Very Interesting. In the second photo there is another light at the bottom left hand corner. Did you see that? Is it a plane? I do not know what you have photographed here. I am interested to know. Looking for proof. Waiting for disclosure and hoping that my interest in this subject is not a first tentative step down the path to insanity.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Speedtek

Hard to tell from them pics..
There's nothing in the background to compare size etc..

Maybe ET was confused by the new runway designation at Tampa Airport

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Speedtek

Nice pics, saw something similar in Scotland last week, but the 3 lights were at the front and the last light came from behind.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Do you have a source since im lazy

what did this eyewitness say about it??
and of course so hard to tell from just those pics :/

edit on 8-1-2011 by antibren because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Good pictures. Interested in knowing was the lights as viewed moving in what direction according to the picture (right to left or left to right)?

And from the pictures they look possibly like one object so I take it the lights stayed in the same shape or did they move as a couple craft?
Thanks for anymore info you might have.

edit on 1/8/2011 by Connman because: seen time was already posted

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Just came across this and maybe this is related to these pictures,but then again it may not.

Mystery blimp over Avon Park draws curiosity

Avon Park, Florida-- An unusual sight in the sky is casting a large shadow on rural areas of Central Florida, where neighborhood residents are perplexed over a large white blimp flying high overhead. "I've lived here for a long time, and I've never seen it before now," said longtime Avon Park resident Illeana Perez.

Turns out, the blimp is actually a U.S. Navy Airship in town on a mission to train pilots. The aircraft will be used for science and experimentation by the Navy, Department of Defense and other federal agencies. Blimps were used by the Navy in World War II, but not since 1962 has the Navy trained pilots to fly the massive air ships.

www.wtsp.com...

This may be totally unrelated to the OP pics we are seeing, but just something to consider.

This blimp would probably be staying at MacDill AFB in Tampa, as that would probably be the closest military base for them to land at.

edit on 8-1-2011 by tsurfer2000h because: added text.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
sorry double post

edit on 8-1-2011 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
We should all wait until the OP can get back to us on some sources and statements....

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wife "Honey, im home. Did you get chance to take the xmas tree down, or have you been sat on the computer all day?"

Husband " yeh.. Just finished it now babe".... looks for nearest window.

Seriously though, it looks strange, any vids of it?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Could this possibly be some type of new TR3b derivative?

I have seen a number of strange triangular craft in Atlanta, and north of there where I live, that look somewhat similar to what is seen here. There is an Air Force base in the area, and I believe these craft were either going to land there, or had taken off from there. This may be something similar.

edit on 8-1-2011 by zyrna539 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
OP here - I'm not sure which direction it was moving, or the perceived size, I'll get back to my friend that took them and post as much info as I can.

As far as the source of the pictures, they were taken by my friend in Florida and his girlfriend with a Nikon 300 MM zoom lens. The object was directly overhead heading north--parallel with U.S. 19 just prior to 10PM Eastern Time.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can ask.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Nobody has any more ideas?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well, it bears a striking resemblence to a craft I saw over Atlanta in August. That craft was triangular and had a number of white and red lights across the rear. The triangular shape was very distinct against the light-polluted sky, by the way. I believe it was a next-gen TR3b, and this may be one too.

Can the OP tell us if there is an air force base in the area? There is one near me, and I believe the craft I saw was either heading to or from that base. That may be the case here as well.
edit on 12-1-2011 by zyrna539 because: fixing a minor typo

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hard to have any ideas with just lights in the sky.

I live in Tampa Bay, and we've got 3 airports (TIA, Clearwater, and Albert W.), a Coast Guard aero base (mostly C-130s and Helicopters), and McDill AFB all right in that area of sky, so a pretty busy sky for any kind of unidentified, visible craft to have not garnered a response. So, the most logical assumption is that whatever the lights were, they belonged to something more mundane in nature.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Actually, left out an airport or two, that I wasn't aware of.
Here's a map of the area, with the airports circled.

The Coast Guard base isn't on the map (for some reason), but it's right next to the Clearwater Intl. Airport, so circled there.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ebf961f50f9b.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 13-1-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join