It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SarahPac Called for Ariz. Congresswoman to be 'Targeted'

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
No one is talking about the Chief Federal Judge that was killed along with the attempted murder of top Congress candidate. Why is no one mentioning the Judge? He served over 40 years and the press hardly covers him.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Hmm...that is interesting. i wonder why? i doubt his eyebrows were already shaven. I could be wrong, but it looks like they are, anyway. and his other photos i have seen prior had him looking a lot more normal.

from what i understand he was roughed up pretty good by the mob that took him down. surprised his face wasn't more damaged than the few scratches we see.

I wonder if his head was shaved for a reason?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah I don't know, I'm guessing the long hair was from a high school picture, and the more recent one of him with the sign is probably more what he looked at the time. I don't know why they would shave him, perhaps as part of messing with him to get him to talk.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

You save someone's head by force to violate the person and to dehumanise.

The man could be genuinely mentally ill and TPTB are already beginning to act like savages.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Thus, you have Palin using "target practice" metaphors, along with Obama using metaphors for bringing guns to a knife fight.

You sound reasonable, but to be honest: when I read that tweet, my gut reaction (for whatever that's worth) was as if it sounded like a Freudian slip. "Target. Remove Giffords. Shoot in full auto". Literally, it's in there.

Her other sound bite is "don't retreat - reload". To my taste, too much militaristic bravado when it comes to what is supposed to be a civil democratic process. Obama? He just sounds like a wuss. Which sometimes is a plus. I'd rather have that, instead of all this reference to firearms in civil discussions (I like firearms but this has become like pr0n with Palin and her hunting habit).

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by FlyersFan
...forensic shrinks will tell ya' that many mass murders first torture animals. I'm wondering if his altar has any signs of animal sacrifice.

Since we are in a Palin's thread, let me just remark that she's noted for hunting and killing all sorts of animals. Last time she was chasing poor caribous, with her film crew.

Hunting animals and eating them is VERY different than torturing and killing pets that have either gotten lost from their homes or have been abandoned. To claim that Palins hunting is in any way on equal footing to what many murderers do to animals prior to human murder ... that's silly. People eat meat ... hamburgers, hotdogs, steak, elk, chicken, ... and in Alaska wild animals = food.

As for Palins show .. I've not seen it and don't care to.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

...forensic shrinks will tell ya' that many mass murders first torture animals. I'm wondering if his altar has any signs of animal sacrifice.

Since we are in a Palin's thread, let me just remark that she's noted for hunting and killing all sorts of animals. Last time she was chasing poor caribous, with her film crew.

Hunting animals and eating them is VERY different than torturing and killing pets that have either gotten lost from their homes or have been abandoned. To claim that Palins hunting is in any way on equal footing to what many murderers do to animals prior to human murder ... that's silly. People eat meat ... hamburgers, hotdogs, steak, elk, chicken, ... and in Alaska wild animals = food.

There is a big difference between hunting for food, which all of us need to survive, and producing a TV show where the centerpiece is the process of killing a rather helpless animal.

I'm not saying that Palin is an animal torturer, but the televized hunt has a sick twist to it. As was the choice of the backdrop for her interview (see 1:29)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

While i may agree that it would be nice to see the "toning down of the rhetoric" (to use an overused term), the hyperbole that Palin used is mild in the context of the environment in which she said it.

Remember, we have 10 years of "Kill Bush" history which set the tone which she found herself communicating in. We can't just all of a sudden blame Palin, as if she were the new Bush, without considering the environment she is trying to communicate in.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join