It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SarahPac Called for Ariz. Congresswoman to be 'Targeted'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

But again, if she were still standing on the merits of free speech, why did she remove it within an hour of the shooting? It is obvious that that her team felt it was inappropriate. So the question is, is it only inappropriate when a tragedy occurs or is it the responsibility of public official to use appropriate and responsible speech, texts, tweets, imagines at all times?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I am not saying the intent was to "summon" somebody to attack the congresswoman, but the subliminal effect on a troubled mind cannot be ignored. I have always gotten a bad feeling from Sarah Palin. She seems to be a patchwork quilt personality which is of course also heavily agenda driven. Basically, whatever is convenient for her she assimilates into her personality (at least her public persona, but I don't see how the two cannot end up being blurred together). She knows how to play games from the archway, so to speak. But, of course so do basically all politicians. Singular snakes they are (some of them). I am not speaking of the poor shot woman. But Sarah is a different beast. Or maybe I should say whore. There is something "unique" about her. She is not going to be a happy camper when she "falls" from her synthesized grace, and sees the light. Basically, in people like her, the person vanishes and the alter algorithm takes over. Anyone who knows anything of marketing or NLP or the like KNOWS this stuff has an effect. And political gurus are definitely master marketers. This is suspicious in the very least. Of course, nothing can be proven. That is why IF this was intentional, it is also diabolical. And I know this post is ironic. that was the intent.
edit on 9-1-2011 by orwellianunenlightenment because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

She has retreated to her hole in Alaska...and her thoughts and prayers are not for the Gifford family, but rather for the "Kardashian sisters" to do something stupid...her advisors are telling her right now "Don't worry...Americans have A.D.D....just lay low for a week" whereupon she can return to the all important business of pretending she is important.
edit on 9-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

She has retreated to her hole in Alaska..

Most likely an icehole.

Seriously, I think I hear the final tick-tocks of her 15 minutes of fame expiring.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

Scream louder it is the only ammunition you have. This particular incident will bring out the truth concerning the neo-cons, not a single independent wants our lives led by the likes of you, go back to church and pray, maybe pray for forgiveness, your actions are in no way Christ-like, you might try reading the book, it is really interesting.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Creepy indeed. I must state again that a link cannot be proven, but it does not mean there was no intent. that is why this stuff is so insidious. It does have an effect, and they know it. And I am not buying that the political gurus do not know of the effects of this stuff or only did it by accident. I have known and seen the effects for years. The ripple effects of subliminals are magnificent. Evil people use this stuff all the time. Good people too, in order to spread a positive message. But I would say the good people do it more naturally and without such planned intent. A good person can lift someone's spirit without even trying. It kinda just happens. Nevertheless, images and words do implant ideas in people's subconscious minds. There is no way around it. And I am not buying what the Palin team is selling, because not only are the words listed in a way that can have an obvious subliminal effect, but also crosshairs are put over this poor woman's district for crying out loud. One must be careful with this stuff. If you play with fire, you get burned. IF Palin's team was playing joker, lining up the dominoes, then I hope these monsters get it back tenfold. Oh, and any jokers reading this who might want to try this stuff for selfish ends, I warn you, there will be repercussions.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Yeah, put the woman on ice and serve her some cold coffee. Miss Malibu (Mal-I-boo?) needs to go back to being chained between two pillars. I know what this bitch is playing with and it is not her place. It might not be provable, but it is so obvious to me. It would be one thing if she merely used her charms to get her point across or make friends or whatever, but in this malicious way it is unacceptable. I know this post might sound ridiculous to some, but I don't care. I feel I should write it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Seriously, I think I hear the final tick-tocks of her 15 minutes of fame expiring.

God I hope so. She is a characterture of a politician...perfectly representing an American public in crisis, so stressed and frustrated that they assign her credibility despite knowing better...almost out of pure spite for the status quo.

But crisises pass......and emotions pass....

Hopefully the American public will wake up one morning soon and realize that America lives on despite reports of her demise, we have problems, but Sarah Palin doesn't have answers...and we are still the greatest nation on earth despite it all....it was just a drunken night of economic debauchery, shouting and rioting and Sarah Palin was simply the easy woman of the moment you took home when you were drunk with frustration...now you have a hangover and just desperately want her to leave so you can clean up the mess and get to work.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Hopefully the American public will wake up one morning soon and realize that America lives on despite reports of her demise, we have problems, but Sarah Palin doesn't have answers...and we are still the greatest nation on earth despite it all....it was just a drunken night of economic debauchery, shouting and rioting and Sarah Palin was simply the easy woman of the moment you took home when you were drunk with frustration...now you have a hangover and just desperately want her to leave so you can clean up the mess and get to work.

OMG this is perhaps one of the best analogies I have seen. Yes we are waking up, rubbing our heads, having the dry heaves, and feeling really bad. But you know, we will survive, we will draw another breath, and we will rise and assume our former selves. Stars for the poster, you may go down in history for this one.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
So if I am a TARGET audience for CoastToCoastAM... do I have to be worried I might be killed with a radio?

If I am a TARGET demographic for a certain insurance, will I be shot by an salesperson?

If I live in a TARGET market of say...real estate, will I be attacked by a house?

If I am in a TARGET group for a certain kind of tooth paste, will I be attacked with a tooth brush?

TARGET...just an overly used word in advertising, corporate speak, and any other group that has a goal...a TARGET date, a TARGET audience, a sales TARGET.

That's all it was and is.

I wonder if the assassin played video games...all gamers are killers?

Did the assassin eat carrots....so people that eat carrots are more susceptible to shooting politicians?

How about this? Palin and the word Target had nothing to do with it. By most accounts read, he is a very liberal guy...and a real fruitcake...a crazy guy with a gun...in a FREE society, it is one of the risks we take.

They will say control speech or ban guns...I say more people die everyday from auto accidents...let's ban cars and trucks. Kids choke on hotdogs...ban hotdogs.... peoploe die of sun cancer...outlaw the sun.

It is unfortunate, but stuff happens....

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

and ur point? who cares

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

First of all it was not the use of the word target that is the issue, it was the images of the crosshairs on the SarahPAC website site, in combination with her violent gun toting irresponsible rhetoric.

Gamers, carrot eaters, etc was just nonsense. This guy had half a dozen screws lose to begin with, and no one here claims that it was a direct result of Palin. However, she is number one on the list of abusers of irresponsible language.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
So, by your argument...all retail outlets with a Bull'sEye on them are Targets?

If Palin used stars instead and AZ was hit by an asteroid...could we reasonably blame her for that?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
What if she used an arrow...and then the Congresswoman came under attack by disgruntled native Americans...would palin be blamed for that?

What if Palin used dog bones as markers and a dog came up and pissed on the Congresswoman's car tire...couldn't we then blame Palin?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Good grief. Enough with the nonsensical examples. There is no denying her over usage of violent speech, tweet, and image.

If you are so staunch in your belief that she bares no blame, then answer the question that the rest of her supporters have failed to answer.

Why did she pull the image less than an hour after the shooting? She didn't pull it after Gabby specifically called her out on it, but pulled less than an hour after Gabby was shot. Why?

Until then spare us the silly redirecting and answer the question.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

And why now, when the media is full of Palin discussion is she silent? Not a peep even on her beloved Fox, the silence is deafening.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
you know, i am a member of a local, small town forum chock full of hardline Christian conservatives. The dialogue there is purely conservative, unless I choose to speak in for a libertarian point of view (i don't mind the verbal beat downs).

On this forum, there is no talk about how he had liberal leanings, or how he tended to vote Democrat. None of the conservatives on that forum are blaming a person other than the shooter, or an ideology other than his own sick, mentally ill one.

I find it repulsive. Utterly repulsive that the "liberals" would do this. To twist her death into a poorly played political point is the lowest of the low. And I am left wondering why i see this type of manipulative behavior happening from the "left" more than on the right? I used to think that the GOP just wasn't very good at playing dirty politics. Now i just think that there are standards that they seem to not go below.

I do not affiliate politically. If anything, i am libertarian. But i am so far beyond libertarian, that it really doesn't fit (just shy of anarchy). However, after this, you can be sure that i will shun the liberal mindset entirely. I have always noticed that Beck was crazy. But Olbermann is just mean. That is the difference in the two mindsets: one is a little crazy, while the other is just plain mean.

I hope someone can reteach 7th grade English to the DNC at their next convention. It seems that they have completely forgotten what terms like "metaphor" and "analogy" mean.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Why is that when someone will not allow the redirect and will not fall into the trap of derailment the offender leaves never to answer the most basic question.

I believe we need to once again demand this of our journalists, get rid of anyone (pundit and commentator alike) that refuses to get and report the facts. If a political figure refuses to be interviewed by the press (a reasonable number of times, I'm not saying they must reply to every single request) then they need to be relieved of their duty. Political figures also should not be allowed to approve questions, you answer what is asked of you.

Finally, for the love of all that is holy, twitter/facebook is not newsworthy. If the person refuses to grant interviews or hold press conferences their ass should not be on the news, quit being desperate for a sound byte. Had the media maintained any sort of standard this handitard would have been out of the public eye within weeks of the failed election bid.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

She pulled them in the same manner that ATS has pulled the supposed posts of erad3...out of respect, and to try and quell a growing backlash over PERCEPTIONS...not facts.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

Good grief. Enough with the nonsensical examples. There is no denying her over usage of violent speech, tweet, and image.

If you are so staunch in your belief that she bares no blame, then answer the question that the rest of her supporters have failed to answer.

Why did she pull the image less than an hour after the shooting? She didn't pull it after Gabby specifically called her out on it, but pulled less than an hour after Gabby was shot. Why?

Until then spare us the silly redirecting and answer the question.

Look, I think Palin is a nitwit. But to blame her for others being so simple minded as to think that what she uses as metaphor would have this effect, especially on someone who is liberal and abhors Palin (as the shooter is/was), is the furthest stretch I have ever seen.

She doesn't use violent speech. She uses metaphors that her base can identify with. And she isn't the first...it is as old as advertising.

There is nothing logical about this. Absolutely nothing.

She pulled the graphics for one simple reason: she knew that there were idiots out there who would try to politicize the actions of this insane person. Just like you are doing.
edit on 9-1-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join