It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SarahPac Called for Ariz. Congresswoman to be 'Targeted'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Democrats (Daily Kos) Had Their Own "Target" Maps

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Even if she was behind her own campaign, putting up these signs, etc, it wouldn't matter. If a person chooses to interpret the signage as an execution order being put out for her opponents, and then that same person chooses to act upon those self-believed orders, then that's directly linked to the individual, not the sign or the person behind it.

The only way to link Sarah Palin or her constituents directly to the shooting, is if she planned out this elaborate brainwashing and drugging scheme that somehow directly altered the psychological and physiological state of the shooter through some sort of contaminant agent that they forced the shooter to imbibe.

If that scenario cannot be proven, then all it is is some nutjob who wanted to shoot someone shooting someone.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

This is one of the people claiming that Palin is behind the ad. The opponents of the 'brainwashing' or 'trigger' theory are making a strawman of it. They forget that it was the SarahPAC organization that approved the message and that it represents interests other than and in addition to Sarah Palin's. These are likely people who think that Sarah Palin is a legitimate political force and is not just a programmed ideological dummy. These are people who do not know or care that she has corporate puppeteers putting their words in her mouth. These corporate masters are the ones behind her permanent election campaign, SarahPAC.

I don't know what your definition of "legitimate political force" is, but her influence in the recent election was impressive, and cannot be denied. Seven of the 12 Senate candidates she endorsed, won, as did 30 of the 43 House candidates. This are her true talents; drawing votes and fundraising. And, most importantly, exposing the corrupt Obama administration. That is where she should concentrate her efforts, not in running for office, imo.
edit on 9-1-2011 by mishigas because: to add an 'oh yeah'

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind

Originally posted by eNumbra
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

It's not calling on her to be targeted for anything.

It's an advertisement for a fundraising target shoot for a rival politician.

I'm NOT a Palin fan either, but this smells of Left-wing disinfo. Taking something out of context and twisting it to smear someone they HATE. If this is real, it's an unfortunate coincidence.

I'm more apt to think that the extreme Left saw an opportunity to frame the Palin supporters.

SeaWind

I'm no fan either, but this could actually be right wing propaganda. They know if Palin is nominated it's a much easier win for Obama.

Never waste a good crisis or tragedy. The mantra of TPTB

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig
Democrats (Daily Kos) Had Their Own "Target" Maps

Are you saying the Daily Kos is a branch of the Democrat Party?

Is Daily Kos to Democrats as Sarah Palin is to Republicans?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Did you guys see this? Creepy. From this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Crazy isn't it?

I don't know that this person followed Palin in anyway, however, the fact remains that just simply watching the news, listening to the radio, reading online news/articles the climate of hateful and dangerous rhetoric has been going on for too long.

I suppose, I with my more or less stable mind
can listen to it, become irritated and change the channel.
I get calls a few times a week from elderly family members who listen to Beck and Rush, they tell me the most inflammatory and sometimes outright crazy things. Then it becomes my job to remind them that world today is the same as yesterday and the sun indeed rise tomorrow, take a breath and go get your grocery shopping done.

Perhaps, this type of speech needed to be employed during the election cycle, it was the trendy thing to do on both sides. Even Jon Stewart had a rally right before the election saying enough is enough. The election is over, what is the purpose to continue with this rhetoric, with this type of speech, other than to continue to fan the flames and produce a tragedy such as this.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Did you guys see this? Creepy. From this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hahaha!!! I can just see those liberal gun nuts locking and loading old faithful, jumping into their bumper sticker strewn and gas guzzling pickups with a "heeehaaaw!!!" as they go along to town hall to shake a fist of freedom at the elite.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
manchurian candidate code message
activate asset:

"get on TARGET for victory
in november help remove
GABRIELLE GIFFORDS
from office SHOOT a fully
automatic m16 with jesse
kelly."

message decoded TARGET, GABRIELLE GIFFORDS, SHOOT.

even the way it's spaced out and formatted is suspicious. tom clancy couldn't have written it better.
edit on 9-1-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
There was no Tea Party in 2007 or Palin.
ARIZONA SHOOTER JARED LOUGHNER TARGETED CONGRESSWOMAN GABRIELLE GIFFORDS BACK IN 2007
atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

There was no Tea Party in 2007 or Palin.
ARIZONA SHOOTER JARED LOUGHNER TARGETED CONGRESSWOMAN GABRIELLE GIFFORDS BACK IN 2007
atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

First, as much as I hate to be that person, Palin did exist in 2007, she was Governor of Alaska at the time. Just saying.

Now, I am not a person that trusts Ms. Geller and her website. So after I unfortunately went to the link to her page and read through the article I noticed something. Her link to the WSJ is not recognized, so I went directly there. While reading through their articles on the shooter, none of them said that he targeted Giffords since 2007. Nor was anyone listed as his friend (or fellow liberal as Geller says), according to those that new him, he had little to no friends, and a drug problem.

Update from CNN: Army refused him due to a failed drug test.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Oh golly geez, I suppose the word "target" will soon be deemed offensive by the left.

It should be deemed offensive when used in conjunction with the graphic of a gun sight or a bullseye and that should apply for either side of politics, left or right.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Do I think Sarah Palin is responsible for this shooting spree??? No...I don't.

Do I think this event puts the spotlight on incendiary and reckless talk that alludes to using violence to get the results you want from the government??? YES...very much so.

The reason this is going to hurt Sarah Palin isn't because she will be directly blamed for it...but because incendiary talk is now going to be a political no no...and that is all Sarah Palin has to offer...she has used that since her first speech as a VP candidate...it is literally all she has got. She will no longer be able to just recklessly say "don't retreat...reload"...or "take our country back *wink*"...she will now have to actually talk about issues...which we all know she is clueless about.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
The shooter isn't dead and he's not talking. I'm sure the real reason why he shot the Congresswoman will come to light in the near future. I myself don't think political rhetoric is good for the country let alone agitating the unstable psychos we have in this country. I also think just the word "target" as compared to "target-reload and than showing targets on maps and a list of names" is like comparing apples to oranges. Lets all think logically here, Palin could of used a better choice of words and analogies to call for voting these people out of office. I'm sure this argument can be said for the democrats too! I'm not going to search the internet for threatening democrat rhetoric because I'm sure we can find it. Palin taking this bulls-eye map off her site tells you that she doesn't want to be associated with this tragedy. This just goes to show you that politicians need to stop acting like children in a school yard and start focusing on solving the problems of this country. It really just comes down to this...Palin's poor choice of words came back to bite her in the #ss.
edit on 9-1-2011 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2011 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

Absolutely spot on assessment.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

She was not McCain's running mate

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

How come the left doesn't say anything about this:

1. Vice-President Biden when he spoke before a Democrat Party fundraiser in Minnesota said he would "strangle" the next Republican who talked about balancing the federal budget.

2. GOP takeover of Congress would mean 'hand-to-hand combat,' Obama warns.

3. When Democrat Joe Manchin was Governor of West Virgina, he fired a rifle and put a bullet into the heart of the cap and trade bill in a television political ad.

The left is a bunch of hypocrites.

I just watched an interview on NBC and a comment was made (by a democrat believe it or not) on these very same subjects, so it is being discussed by both sides.

Everyone needs to get away from the finger pointing and get in the mindset that this sort of rhetoric is not acceptable by either or any side of politics.

Don't accept this type of language regardless of what your political view is.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
reply to post by Darce

I posted this in the other thread but... What if she actually did die, as the earlier reports indicated? There could be a body double undergoing plastic surgery now in order to take her place.

Stranger things have happened in politics.

Only in the movies.
You are letting your imagination get the better of you.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have a simple question..

If Sarah Palin has no responsibility in the murders...(6 dead..one child...14 injured...thus far)... then why did she pull down her site?..takebackthe20.com featuring the crosshairs over Gabrielle Giffords name?

She has been exploiting fear, stress and anger in a crisis. Using violent rhetoric in lieu of answers....and she is not the only one.

I'd be interested in an explanation from Sarah Palin as to why she decided to shut down the site when the story broke if she believes there was nothing wrong with it.

Provocatively violent rhetoric is all she has...can she at least not own it? IMO we can add political cowardice to her list of "qualifications".

I also don't think she is responsible for this anymore than any of the other talking heads exploiting Americans for their own benefit in a time of crisis.

She is due shame...not blame...in my honest opinion.
edit on 9-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

KOS put a target on the congresswoman, too. Putting target symbols on political areas or politicans is a long time tradition in American politics used by the GOP and the DNC. All Soros shills who want to ban the free speech of their opponents, get off that high horse. Your political opposition will not be intimidated and is not going to shut up. EVER!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

That's exactly the point isn't it?

Sarah, however, feels no need or obligation to respond to media requests for her opinion. She is perfectly happy to have her team tweet or facebook "her" opinions, which never amount to any more than a catchy sound bite.

In this situation, her gun toting reload shoot rhetoric would not be appreciated, so she's got nothing to say.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join