It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SarahPac Called for Ariz. Congresswoman to be 'Targeted'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

SarahPac Called for Ariz. Congresswoman to be 'Targeted' By Lori Price, www.legitgov.org 08 Jan 2011 Sarah Palin's fundraising instrument, SarahPac, had posted an advertisement to target Democratic Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. The photo has since been removed from her website. However, CLG has obtained it and reposted it here. (Photo supplied by Bruce L.)

www.legitgov.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

It's not calling on her to be targeted for anything.

It's an advertisement for a fundraising target shoot for a rival politician.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well....before everybody begins the Sarah Palin assassin network claim....this is, at the very least odd and disturbing. The date of the event was in June however, not January....so this was not directly related necessarily.

Further, Sarah Palin's site has been known to be hacked, so perhaps the posting was just that....an effort to make Palin look bad or look like she is calling for the death of this congresswoman.

I'm not much of a Palin fan myself, but I would find it highly unlikely that she herself would request and post via the web that she wanted this woman shot. Yes, politicians have hit lists, but it's a pretty obvious career killer in my opinion to post it for all to see on your web site. My guess is that it was the work of a hacker initially and perhaps is connected to this incident.

This is, above all else, a tragedy.
What you found however, if true and accurate, is definitely creepy, disturbing, and a scary portrayal of the current state of humanity.

Edit: Upon re-reading it, I see a very convenient period has been left out. Further, the image was cropped, not necessarily by the OP, to make a point that the two statements are related.

If this is simply an event in which they were target shooting, this thread then serves what purpose? Because a shooting event and a call to remove her from office were in the same day's event? I'm a little confused as to what conclusions we are supposed to draw from this?
edit on 8-1-2011 by lpowell0627 because: misinterpretation of the OP

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You should have really used the crosshairs picture.... the one where she even named the congresswoman, that's a better picture/graph.

edit on 8/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This one

The red circle has been added to highlight

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c87574164caa.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 8/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Instead of pointing fingers so soon after the incident, lets instead focus our hearts and minds on the Congresswoman's fight for her life. There are others who have lost their lives as well, including a judge and an innocent child. This is a deplorable act, a cowardly act, done by a weak minded individual who was easily misguided by rhetoric and hate speech, someone who is of questionable sanity. Gabrielle Giffords seems to be a well liked lady, who conducted herself in a manner that garnered the admiration and friendship of many. This is a sad day, and once the dust is settled, then we can bring the hammer down on who got this particular ball rolling in the twisted mind of this sad piece of flesh that could do such damage.
Unfortunately, SarahPac doesn't exactly have the top of the intellectual crop in her fan club. She knows this, and uses words that could EASILY be construed as violent. Unfortunately for us, those folks don't know if she's kidding or not, any more than they think that pro wrestling is real.
edit on 8-1-2011 by volafox because: admendum

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Very interesting blupblup. It seems Palin and her obtuse ilk have collectively hoisted up their petticoats and are stumping over the democrats.

No doubt the Palin bandwagon is controlled opposition and the Tea Party movement are angry people with out a head but have been taken over by the Palinistas.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
Instead of pointing fingers so soon after the incident, lets instead focus our hearts and minds on the Congresswoman's fight for her life. There are others who have lost their lives as well, including a judge and an innocent child. This is a deplorable act, a cowardly act, done by a weak minded individual who was easily misguided by rhetoric and hate speech, someone who is of questionable sanity. Gabrielle Giffords seems to be a well liked lady, who conducted herself in a manner that garnered the admiration and friendship of many. This is a sad day, and once the dust is settled, then we can bring the hammer down on who got this particular ball rolling in the twisted mind of this sad piece of flesh that could do such damage.

Politicians are self serving and are cold when deciding about our futures so excuse me if I am not too emotional about a person I do not know.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

um what. plz tell me that is fake.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Most likely a coincidence but I can't stand Palin.

Second line.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
How ridiculous. Please try this exercise. Google "Obama targets Clinton" with the quotes. See? If Clinton had even been shot at, would you then claim that Obama caused it to happen or that he would have been responsible? Now google "Clinton targets Obama" Wow. Same thing. How about "Murray targets Rossi"

Or how about "Left targets Palin"

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I realize that this is ATS, and I dislike Palin as much as the next person, but you all are really going out on a limb.

The idea of this thread is a stretch, even for conspiracy theories.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
not necessarily, OP may have stumbled onto something
this kind of thing could have been a message or a trigger.
this sort of thing used to be done through the classified ads in the papers

the one with the crosshairs is pretty ominous
just 17 to go
like something found in the apartment of a serial killer

then there's the deleting WTF? if it was totally innocent why try to hide it?
i mean sure, those crazy CTs are gonna be on it like flies on crap, but who listens to them anyway? (tongue in cheek)

S&F for the heads up
edit on 8-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

What does a mother grisly do? Maul the competition to death .

Palin doesn't mind been described as an aggressive, violent and blood thirsty creature.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

That crosshairs map was posted on her facebook page at the same time she came out with the lovely call to arms: Don't Retreat. Instead, RELOAD!

Is it true that she removed this map from her page TODAY??

The map, which has been removed from Palin's page, can still be seen in a posting from last March on the Huffington Post.

In a blog posted today on the Huffington Post, writer Marty Kaplan argued today that the "'lock and load'/'take up your arms' rhetoric of American politics isn't just an overheated metaphor."

Source< br />
I don't think Sarah Palin is responsible for the congresswoman being shot. But I do think her rhetoric contributes to the attitude of violence in this country. She is sickening.
edit on 1/8/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Palin's language is irresponsible. But to point fingers of blame at anyone other than the shooter at this time is absurd. We don't even know if the congresswoman was the target or if the target was the FEDERAL JUDGE that was also shot at the scene. Heck .. could'a been something else all together.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

This is exactly what I was thinking. How, exactly, is a shooting event going to help Jesse Kelly get elected? It is an opportunity for anti-Democrats to get together and express their (manufactured) anger against the Representatives by firing a gun. In that ad there is absolutely no indication that SPAC wants a peaceful, electoral victory over Giffords. You are expected to help remove her from office by shooting. What is the subliminal message here, what is the hidden trigger for programmed killers?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You raise a good point. Why was there a federal judge, a congresswoman, and several of her staff shopping at the same grocery store at once? Who was the judge that was killed? Was it an 'activist judge'? Were they set up, like Kennedy?

The authorities are already in denial that the shooter had any accomplices or associates.

This would explain why the Judge was targeted.

Judge Roll in 2009, faced death threats after presiding over a $32 million civil-rights lawsuit. The lawsuit was filed by illegal immigrants against an Arizona rancher. After Judge Roll ruled the case would be certified, threats came from talk-radio shows which fueled controversy and spurred audiences into making threats against the judge[3].
The threats materialized after one show, Judge Roll's name logged more than 200 phone calls as some callers threatened the judge and his family[3].
This resulted in the judge and his wife were under a protection detail for one month as Judge Roll was given twenty four hours a day, seven days a week security by the US Marshals Service. An US Attorney's investigation ruled that four men were identified as threat makers, but no charges were filed[3].

edit on 8-1-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well I was just saying to the OP that this map was better.

AFAIK she removed it today yes, after the shooting, for decency and all.... put putting it up in the first place was fine

I dunno man.... don't really think It's a trigger or is maybe as ominous as it seems... but then who knows?

How do these things work?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't think Sarah Palin is responsible for the congresswoman being shot. But I do think her rhetoric contributes to the attitude of violence in this country. She is sickening.

She is indeed scary....she is everything wrong with politics....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join