It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Spending Per Minute: $6.85 Million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Government Spending Per Minute: $6.85 Million

www.cbsnews.com

Let's put that number in context. There are 365 days in a year, 24 hours in a day, and 60 minutes in an hour. That adds up to a total of 525,600 minutes. Divide that figure into the $3.6 trillion in FY2010 spending and you find that the federal government spends about $6.85 million per minute.

That's right - the government spends, on average, nearly $7 million every minute. That means the cost-cutting measure yesterday only saved taxpayers enough to cover about five minutes worth of spending - less time than it takes to hold the average congressional vote
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is insanity! I don't even see the need of currency at this point. Debt means absolutely nothing to these people, talk about out of touch. They save us five minutes of gov spending and they want a pat on the back and an atta-boy for all the spending they've cut from their budget, they could have at least cut a days worth of spending wouldn't you think, even that would be a joke. I'm thinking investing in the company that makes the money presses would be a good investment, they're going need a lot of maintenence in the future.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The real joke is on the Americans who think that amount of money is spent directly from taxes, and not the hidden tax of inflation. The Mandrake hath consumed us all.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Government spending per minute: TOO MUCH.

Outrageous is a word that modestly describes the gov't spending.
It's not even their money!

What have we created?
What will it take to stop it?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Government spending per minute: TOO MUCH.

Outrageous is a word that modestly describes the gov't spending.
It's not even their money!

What have we created?
What will it take to stop it?

It's not your money either. It is created by the Federal Reserve when they purchase government bonds, turn them into money and loan it out to smaller banks. Those banks take that money and multiply it by nine each time it is recieved. A trillion dollars is therefore turns into $1e+17. That is why your money is becoming more worthless every day. It's not even the spending that is the problem, it's the Federal Reserve Central Bank.

Edit : That's when it becomes your money, by the way. The Federal Reserve is recieving endless interest payments off of it through your tax dollars, and your dollar is worth almost nothing because by the time you finally put it in your bank account, it is already worth ten times less than it originally was.
edit on 2011/1/8 by sbctinfantry because: mentioned

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Valid point.
Starred.

The federal reserve is a HUGE conspiracy here on ATS that gets tons of attention.
Just knowing that it's not even a Gov't entity at all makes it worth dismantling.

But, therein lies the disaster.
Because what we think is the solution, will only bring out the inevitable.
A new currency.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I think we should go dig Andrew Jackson up and have him fix this mess...
Oh wait, Ron Paul is around still he can do it..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
I think we should go dig Andrew Jackson up and have him fix this mess...
Oh wait, Ron Paul is around still he can do it..

I don't believe anything a politician says until the dust settles. We'll see how he does against the Fed, but in reality he's always complaining about lack of support while the support continues to grow for his 'platform'. I get the feeling he wants the people to do his job more for him than he himself. He knows why he is where he is today, and if there are no results, he is as useless as the rest.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'm really bummed Grayson's not in congress anymore. Grayson's presentation was always very impressive.
Watched Ben Bernanke being questioned yesterday, he looked happy he wasn't being owned by Grayson, totally different demeanor than the nervous, busted kid in the candy jar you see in the vid below. For those that haven't seen these vids they're very worth the watch, amazing the corruption and deceit going on, you wonder how they sleep at night.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

$6.85 million per minute.

Damn that's a LOT of money..
No wonder they want a cashless society..
We'd have no trees left if they had to REALLY print that much money.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yeah, the crazy part is thinking by the time we've read this (short) thread from the top including the posted article we've probably spent what amounts to their big budget cut for the yr., what a joke, I'm almost speechless the more I think about it. We know who's getting their weekly paychecks in a timely fashion don't we.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

We know who's getting their weekly paychecks in a timely fashion don't we.

Truth is, we don't..
Government is the FASTEST growing industry..
I'd ask, in the time it takes to read this thread, how many MORE people are employed by the Government??

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

We know who's getting their weekly paychecks in a timely fashion don't we.

Truth is, we don't..

Yes, true we really don't know, as Grayson pointed out, they don't know either.
The point I was making is "Joe the Senator" doesn't have to worry (not yet) if he's getting a paycheck this week, like a lot of us do now. It just boggles my mind how out of touch with reality some of the people in this world are, especially the vast majority of our elected officials and the corperate thugs that put them in office.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Yes, true we really don't know, as Grayson pointed out, they don't know either.
The point I was making is "Joe the Senator" doesn't have to worry (not yet) if he's getting a paycheck this week, like a lot of us do now. It just boggles my mind how out of touch with reality some of the people in this world are, especially the vast majority of our elected officials and the corperate thugs that put them in office.

Yes, it's the same here in Australia..
The pollies see that the average wage is around 60k and think that is what the majority is getting..
Then they set pensions etc at around 1/3 or less than that..

They are SO out of touch..
That's the problem we have..
Way to many career politicians who have NEVER lived in the real world, outside the protection of political perks..

Or maybe they know the truth but just don't care.!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

We can always go to plan A then.. Just a thought..

new topics

top topics

join