It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metformin (GlucoPhage) Cancer and the FDA.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

I am glad to see and read your voice! I read this thread at the start and often thought of how you may be doing, but just kept forgetting to check here.

I have a cousin with cancer in multiple organs. I am not close with her, so don't know her regimen other than chemo. Her prognosis is not good from what I understand. I am going to read through this thread again. I am going to her 5oth birthday this weekend, but don't know how it would be to share this info with her there.

Stay strong, We are thinking about you here!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff. Though I wonder what sorts of negative implications this might hold, glucose is pretty key in energy exchange for almsot every organism, cancer cells included.

*And just a note to all the alternative medicine believers,anti-vaccers, general medical conspiracy theorists... This is the way you want to prove your case, not with links to obviously biased websites with no reputable evidence.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tetrarch42

So only those that directly go through something and test it themselves can talk about their theories they believe are possible?

Would it be ok to link this thread to alternative therapy websites? You know it will then be used as a link somewhere else....just like we do here, link information that helps form opinions.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

So only those that directly go through something and test it themselves can talk about their theories they believe are possible?

Would it be ok to link this thread to alternative therapy websites? You know it will then be used as a link somewhere else....just like we do here, link information that helps form opinions.

Um, no... The OP provided a wealth of documentation to support their claim from credible which is something you very rarely see when people try to make a case for alternative medicine.
Also, when talking science please make the correct distinction between the word "theory" and "hypothesis", what the OP posted is an interesting hypothesis, but certainly not a scientific theory. Perhaps this will clear uit up for you=> www.notjustatheory.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Absolutely! Spread the word is what I say. If I can help someone with this, it would mean the world to me.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I am so sorry to hear your cousin is suffering also from this terrible disease. Talk to her about this and see if this is something for her.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetrarch42

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Um, no... The OP provided a wealth of documentation to support their claim from credible which is something you very rarely see when people try to make a case for alternative medicine.
Also, when talking science please make the correct distinction between the word "theory" and "hypothesis", what the OP posted is an interesting hypothesis, but certainly not a scientific theory. Perhaps this will clear uit up for you=> www.notjustatheory.com...

No need to be condescending. I am more of a big picture person so, confusing the words hypothesis and theory, are of little importance to this immediate conversation to me, symantics. And many alternative therapy sites provide a wealth of information, it's not all quakery.

Here is an alternative health and therapy website. They do sell things there, but they have posted a short, yet informative, article on Metformin and cancer. This one article may lead a person to do more research and save a life, or at least prolong it which is all we can really ask for, since we all will eventually die.

www.healthyfellow.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever Nice to see you back on the forum Lebowski Achiever. Keep your spirits up as cures are just around the corner. There is currently a five day conference on metformin use for cancer with leading researchers from around the world even including one of the original discoverers of DNA. This is a very high level conference. Good things will eventually come from it. Also the other future cure I previously mentioned is reovirus being given along with chemo to work in tandem. They are in phase III trials in Britain and doing very well. Cancer cells can not defend against this virus while normal cells can. Reovirus is our common cold virus. Reolysin is the trade name. Plus many other cure fronts are being worked on by many private biotechs. The final prize will be huge to the cure discoverer.My sister on metformin and chemo is still doing well as her tumors are not growing and her Dr. calls her an" Anomaly" as by now she should have been far more advanced. keeping our fingers crossed. Best of luck to you too.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join