It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will UFO Sightings Increase During War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I wonder If UFO sightings will increase because of the war in Iraq. In the past, I have read many articles that stated during Wars UFO activity increased. During WWII they called them "Foo Fighters". I think it would be interesting to observe an increase in UFO presence if it happens.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Hi Skeptical Believer,

I read somewhere that the Roman army was interrupted during a battle by strange bright lights in the sky. Probably curious observation and study, but maybe earthly war is something akin to entertainment value for highly advanced worlds. If so, I'd love to hear their play-by-play announcer.

deleted

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 05:55 AM
link   
its the aliens version of reality tv, they sit and watch while we blow each other up!,

then they laugh at us.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
closely resemble flying discs...I'd say it's a given. Couple that with a tendency to "battle test" top secret weapons in such conflicts, (such as top secret aircraft), and I'm sure they'll be UFO sightings.

Of course, who knows, ET jsut might be kicking back with a tub of popcorn and watching us as well....

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a stealth bomber would look pretty UFOey if it was high up. But hey, aliens could see conflict and explosions, so you never know

Uneasy

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I would assume they would increase... Since it's possible more aircrafts will be in the air...

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I would look at how well or bad the war is going for the US, and use that as a predictor for UFO activity. Any UFO activity over Iraq is likely to be US X Craft, although they probably wont deploy them unless things go seriously bad for us.

Of course, I seriously doubt that any news agency will report on these sightings, even if they are observed. We will have to rely on personal experience stories from the grunts in the field to find out if any UFO/X Craft sorties are observed.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The first episode in southpark (on a bit ago) was based on the concept that Earth was a reality Tv show for aliens
.....in any case- In world war II, many of the sighting were black triangle or wedge shaped craft...now known as the US's stealth bombers (in WW2 they must have been a bit more primitive) so if there are sighting, we should note the description and check a couple years later for a Discovery Special on the US's new aircraft

top topics

join