It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomalys with the earths magnetic field happening recently.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Researching the earths magnetic field isn't one of my strong points and i will admit i don't know a great deal about it, but i do check its status regularly, i try to do this on a regular basis, and the past (rough estimate) 2 weeks i have been seeing some very strange anomalys which i havn't seen before (been following this site for just over 1 year and i have never seen anything like this)

If you are an expert i would appreciate your input, please dont flame or call me an idiot, i just havn't seen this before and like i said, i check this site more or less every day.

The field usually allways looks like this:
www2.nict.go.jp...

But its been acting strange (last 2 weeks):

www2.nict.go.jp...
www2.nict.go.jp...
www2.nict.go.jp...
www2.nict.go.jp...
www2.nict.go.jp...

Also found this, the reversal looks like whats been happening the last two weeks....

Ive seen a couple of photos where the red and blue lines were totally VIRTICAL in opposite directions, red going up and blue going down and were not acctually going behind the planet, (which i have never seen over the whole year) its rare to see a normal magnetic field the last 2 weeks.

Would appreciate some intelligent input from anyone who understands this better than myself.

Cheers.

Kind regards

Eric.

EDIT:
I would like to add, i would add more photos of when it looks normal, but i could only find 1 out of about 50 that i looked at.
edit on 8-1-2011 by EricLintScD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EricLintScD

I had a look, but, like you, I do not know how to interprate them.

Nice all the same.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I dont like the lack of replies, i know there are a lot of intelligent minds on this forum and i want one of them to say this is normal... i dont know how, like i said, i have watched this thing for the past year and only recently started to see this happen, might have been longer than 2 weeks but at first i thought maybe it was a glitch but its been getting worse lately so i thought i would post about it.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Unfortunately I don't see that kind of images very often so I can't give an insiders answer, although they look a bit different then what I've seen before.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The field is just being buffeted by solar wind and/or other solar activity.
All seems normal to me. During the last solar maximum I observed that the field lines were blown straight back during a particularly bad incident of solar wind.

Actually, I recall a geomagnetic storm during that time.

You can see we have had some activity lately here: spaceweather.com...
edit on 8-1-2011 by Negotium of Verum because: Added a link

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Negotium of Verum

Thanks, i will take your word for it, like i said i dont know a great deal about this except that it's unusual from what i've seen before, its very frustrating when you don't know much about something and need to rely on other people

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

No problem. Keep in mind though, I'm not an official expert either. I'm just a devoted hobbyist very interested in the prospect of Geomagnetic reversal.
I'm sure it will happen again, (check out the PBS show "Magnetic Storm" by Nova) but it won't be a doomsday scenario by any stretch of the word unless our field is severely diminished for a long time.

I won't say that it won't occur in our lifetimes, because truth be told no one knows.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

That's right. Nothing to see here. Move along now.

S&F. Good catch.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Is there something you want to say on the matter?
Like I said, I'm no expert.

However, it is only natural that we will see more activity as the sun enters its next cycle. Activity is supposed to increase as we head toward solar maximums. The unusual thing here is the lack of activity we had until recently.
The field will take a beating as it always dose, she can take it.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricLintScD
like i said i dont know a great deal about this except that it's unusual from what i've seen before

Then how about going and doing some research...???

ngdc.noaa.gov...
edit on 8-1-2011 by Paroxysm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

I only wish i had time, 90% of my time is taken up researching other fields of science unfortunately

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Well then here is the little kiddie annotation to help you understand those SIMULATED images that you are crutching on in your OP:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Negotium of Verum

Looks to me like the North and South field lines are getting tangled and flipping direction in the links/pics provided by the OP.

Not that I'm an expert either.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I find it very interesting the the links posted in the OP above no longer work, and the pics aren't available any more. They showed that the lines were tangled, and flipping.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Here's from HAARP magnetometer its a thread i made since we started noticing the issue back on the 11th. check out hte links and the pictures it coincides perfectly with what your saying!@!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join