It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History network pulls plug on Kennedy project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

A controversial miniseries on the Kennedy family will not air on the History Channel because the completed multimillion dollar project does not fit the "History brand," the network said.

Article Here

History Brand?!
But Ancient Aliens are.
I wonder if this series will be picked up elsewhere or go straight to DVD.

Although History is not airing it, "The Kennedys" is expected to be seen elsewhere around the world. History does not control rights to the film outside of the United States and the company that does, Muse Entertainment, has sold rights to various other networks.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
yeah a show about the Kennedy's(one of the most known and prominent family's in American history) doesn't fit their brand but apparently Larry the Cable Guy does...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

You really don't get it?

History is owned by the A&E Television Networks, which itself is owned jointly by NBC Universal, the Walt Disney Co. and the Hearst Corp.

It's not clear who made the decision to pull the plug on "The Kennedys," given the joint ownership. A top Disney executive, Disney-ABC Media Networks co-chairwoman Anne Sweeney, is also on the board of directors for the Special Olympics, the organization started by the late Eunice Kennedy Shriver, President Kennedy's sister.

edit on 8/1/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

You really don't get it?

It's not clear who made the decision to pull the plug on "The Kennedys," given the joint ownership. A top Disney executive, Disney-ABC Media Networks co-chairwoman Anne Sweeney, is also on the board of directors for the Special Olympics, the organization started by the late Eunice Kennedy Shriver, President Kennedy's sister.

Of course I get it silly human. Just passing the information along.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

ok this is weird! im watching this show The Kennedey's right now on german TV VOX SpiegelTV

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The Kennedys don't fit into their programming, but crap like Pawn Stars and Ice Road Truckers does?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Whoever is pulling the strings doesn't want Americans subjected to the information it presents. It sounds like it will present information that casts doubt on Kennedy's supposed assassin, Oswald.

I leave you with this.

U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt — "These international bankers and Rockefeller-Standard Oil interests control the majority of newspapers and the columns of these papers to club into submission or drive out of public office officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government."

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Man I am so SICK of censorship and coverups, even though I don't watch TV. Is the govt/corporations really trying to piss off as many people as possible with their blatant censorship?

I think they do this on purpose so when people finally revolt, they can use some secret weapon and wipe out a good portion of undesirables.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well, even series like Ancient Aliens is a quasi documentary, or documentary style as are the programs that History Channel runs. The Kennedy's miniseries, is just that, it is a movie and stars Katie Holmes for crying out loud, this type of film is not within the programming that the History Channels airs, at least not that I've seen. It would be like if they were doing 2012 week and aired the one that John Cusack stars in, it's not their thing.

I do not understand though why if HC decided to pass on it, why can't it be played on another channel or network? If they own the rights in the US they can sell them, instead of sitting on it.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
why can't it be played on another channel or network? If they own the rights in the US they can sell them, instead of sitting on it.

And THAT will be the proof of their true intentions. If they are only profit motivated
then they will sell it and it will be aired in the U.S. (which I doubt since they haven't done it yet). If they sit on it, then...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

They could play it as part of their Fact and Film bits (I am in Canada; does the American channel do Fact and Film?)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I don't think so, what is it?

The last miniseries I recall them having was America: The story of us. As I remember it entailed recreations of historical events, not quite the same The Kennedy's. This film, was a piece of historical fiction, focusing on the family life. So, I hate to break it everyone, but there were no new or old theories of Oswald or anything else. Here is the IMBD description of film, it is entirely a work dedicated to the family and family relationships, and fictional. I can understand why they passed, if I turned on the History Channel and saw it, I would probably change the channel.

For those that really feel like their missing something, I'm sure you can get a copy from overseas as it will air abroad.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

A controversial miniseries on the Kennedy family will not air on the History Channel because the completed multimillion dollar project does not fit the "History brand," the network said.

Article Here

History Brand?!
But Ancient Aliens are.

Although History is not airing it, "The Kennedys" is expected to be seen elsewhere around the world. History does not control rights to the film outside of the United States and the company that does, Muse Entertainment, has sold rights to various other networks.

ancient aliens is something you can never prove, so really, and its something so out of the ordinary, that most people have discrimination ... so, they dont care about it

ancient aliens presents a LOT of bullcrap together with good information, so, thats another thing too (ps: I dont know why they present some extreme theories with it, its just crazy)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

It must just be on the History channel up here. They have a documentary on a specific event, then a movie on the same event. For example, they will air a doc on the space race, then play Apollo 13.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The mini-series may have been dropped because it's just no good. Lots of movies never get released. I agree with most of you that the History Channel has gone downhill in recent years. Not much about history anymore, just crap.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Article Here

History Brand?!
But Ancient Aliens are.

Didja know Disney owns the History Channel?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eVaporator314

The article talks about a left-wing documentary filmmaker who pressured History to drop it, including gathering thousands of signatures for a petition. I actually think some of his films look interesting, but I cannot stand people who are so right or left that they cannot bear to see anything outside of their narrow world view.

new topics

top topics

join