It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Decapitated Bodies Found in Mexico Resort City - Acapulco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Looks like the Drug Lords are at it again.

Scratch of Acapulco for winter break. I am staying in the USA.

www.chron.com...

Guillermo Arias AP

Investigators stand at a crime scene where two men were shot in Tijuana, Mexico, late Thursday Jan. 6, 2011. According to police at the crime scene, two men where shot by unknown assailants, killing one and injured the other.

ACAPULCO, Mexico — Police found the bodies of 15 slain men, 14 of them headless, on a street outside a shopping center in the Pacific coast resort of Acapulco on Saturday.

The victims, all of whom appeared to be in their 20s, were discovered in an area not frequented by tourists.

Handwritten signs left with the bodies were signed by "El Chapo's People" — a reference to the Sinaloa cartel, headed by drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman — said Fernando Monreal Leyva, director of investigative police for Guerrero state, where Acapulco is located.

edit on 8-1-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
My family just finalized a trip to Mexico yesterday. Not that I am worried and neither should anyone else. Unless you are in the drug trade, you shouldn't be worried.

I'm looking forward to get away for a little while.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I thought they already caught "El Chapo".
I must have shifted dimension...

I agree, unless you go looking for trouble, you are ok down there. They usually keep that sort of stuff out of tourist areas. They must have really wanted to send that message to some other crap lord down there in the area.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MSSVBSS

I think I'll pass, the last time I was down, in Acapulco, I saw someone get executed at a Main Tourist Attraction/Restaurant, point blank by a hitman. And yes it was a Drug related hit, but I don't want to take the chance.

Hopefully, you have chosen a peaceful area.

Here is an update from the State Department.

travel.state.gov...

The popular beach resort of Acapulco has been affected by narcotics-related violence. In April 2010, three innocent bystanders were killed in a shootout between Mexican police and DTO members in broad daylight in one of the city’s main tourist areas.

new topics

top topics

join