It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist attack during elections? Yeah, we're stupid.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I just heard on NPR on the radio that our defence secretary is warning of a possible large scale terrorist attack in an attempt to disrupt the November elections.

OK, I don't want to seem like I don't believe our leaders
, but....why? Why would Al Queda want to disrupt our elections when it could mean our current President will be gone? Seems like a dumb plan.

I smell something cooking.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well your asumption is based off these terrorists directing all their hate for the USA solely on Bushes face...Well I dont think that is true.

Regardless of who is leader they will try to cause terrorist attacks at key points in a COUNTRYS history.

"We are warning all Westerners", "Westerners will die" .... and so on. Not "Followers of Bush" will die. They know just as well as we do that the president is just a face of the people... Now Sadam was a different story, he hated Bush cause of Bush Senior.

[edit on 7/8/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I betcha a cyber beer
That if bush is ahead in the election there will be no attacks
But if Kerry is ahead in the elecyion there will be an attack, then marshal-law

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Iam a canadian, let go for the cyber case! One american beer would only make me have to pee!

But seriously, are you hinting towards John Tittor predictions or is that just what I think you are hinting at?

edit: By the way, when is the federal election in the states???

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
Iam a canadian, let go for the cyber case! One american beer would only make me have to pee!

But seriously, are you hinting towards John Tittor predictions or is that just what I think you are hinting at?

edit: By the way, when is the federal election in the states???

4shure Canadian beer all the way, Americans can't make a good beer, I think it has somthing to do with the melting pot
I don't know who John Tittor is, so it's just a feeling I have about the Bush Cabal

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Just look up that name and read some of his predictions and you will know why I asked that (he predicted that the USA would break into civil war in the near future). But John Tittor was proven to be a hoax, so I was just wondering what your underlieing thoughts were about you above coment.

Honestly, I dont think that there is anything special about these possible threats. In fact I think that they are expected (and so does homeland security). I would be more shocked if there wasnt some sort of plot uncovered or carried out.

As for the theory that there will be a inter-gouvernment attack on the country, I think this plays into the fan/watchers/interested people of John Tittor and other doom-and-gloom theororists.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
First off, John Titor was not "proven" to be a hoax. It's thought to be by many, but there aren't any solid holes in the theory to make it a "proven" hoax.

Second, I'm willing to bet that a "terrorist attack" will halt the 2004 presidential elections and "postpone them indefinitely" while our current president does something that has never happened -- continue his reign over the U.S. even after his term expired.

This could open up doors to a pseudo-dictatorship which could cause major problems for the people.

I'd really be watching this one.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Veering off into a 'conspiracy' themed topic and not really touching politics, I'm also quite sure that some kind of 'terrorist attack' will occur during the election process. How better would it be for the current administration to keep control of the country and its people and ultimately declare victory (again) for an indefinite amount of time.

The questions then arise: Who is going to be the real 'terrorist'? Will it be blamed on the Al Qaidas, the North Koreans, China or Syria? Who has the most to gain from a terror attack during the elections?

It's now how you play the game; it's how you win, that counts.

NVBadBoy

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I think an attack is possible during the RNC for this purpose...if they do somehow find a way to blow something up...gas...etc...at or around the garden...it could show the people of the US no matter what Bush does we're still not safe....and even he's not safe...I personally hope Im wrong because I will most likely be working in the area during the RNC...but thats what I think Bin could be going for...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
I betcha a cyber beer
That if bush is ahead in the election there will be no attacks
But if Kerry is ahead in the elecyion there will be an attack, then marshal-law

Or the states Bush is behind will conveniently loose specific batches of their votecount due to "terrorist activity" and the courts give it to Bush :p

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
We aren't french. I think the dumbest thing that the terrorists could do is hit us before the election and think we will cave like the french did. I think the opposite would happen, and more would vote for Bush...just to let them know that they aren't gonna manipulate us like that.
unfortunately, does bush know this? And, a bigger question would be would he declare matial law and continue on as president. the last election results were questionable at best. I've been having the feeling that ya, martial law would go into effect and the bush presidency would continue on it's merry way, as delusional as it seems to be to me.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
We aren't french. I think the dumbest thing that the terrorists could do is hit us before the election and think we will cave like the french did.

And when did the french do that, when was there even a terrorist attack on the french anyways?

I think your talking about Spain ...

Madrid bombing was in Spain ya know, like Real Madrid is a big SPANISH football club ..

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
ooops!!! you're right, sorry about that...but we ain't spanish either.....won't have the same effect on us I don't believe. I think it would backfire on the terrorists.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
And, a bigger question would be would he declare matial law and continue on as president. the last election results were questionable at best. I've been having the feeling that ya, martial law would go into effect and the bush presidency would continue on it's merry way, as delusional as it seems to be to me.

Nothing will stop the election short of Nuclear War or an Asteroid strike. The electorial process is the single most important thing that we as citizens collectively do.

Get real. Do you think we are going to ask the people in Afganistan and Iraq to hold elections under duress as they are if we are not willing to do the same?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Get real. Do you think we are going to ask the people in Afganistan and Iraq to hold elections under duress as they are if we are not willing to do the same?

Yes. Americans are stupid, lazy, ignorant, and apathetic. And I am an American. If martial law goes into effect I think I'll move to Canada.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Nothing will stop the election short of Nuclear War or an Asteroid strike. The electorial process is the single most important thing that we as citizens collectively do.

Exactly.
Or unless an terrorist attack occurs on election day or just before and prevents people for going to the polls (in which case, I would definately support postponing it - so there'll be no excuses and everyone has a chance to vote), then it'll go on as planned.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NothingMakesSense

Yes. Americans are stupid, lazy, ignorant, and apathetic. And I am an American. If martial law goes into effect I think I'll move to Canada.

Martial Law? Hahahahahaha. Geezz. Do you realize how difficult it would be to actually declare the type of Martial Law people fear? The economic backlash alone would crush the economy and throw us into civil war. It won't happen unless we get Nuked or half the govenment gets wiped out in some other way.

Wow, people, take a reality pill.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NothingMakesSense

There are stupid,lazy,ignorant and apathetic people in every country in the world but for someone to try to sum a nation of 200 plus million people in such a way shows just your ignorance. Why dont you do us a favor and move to canada now.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I agree that martial law in the US would be a difficult thing to enforce. There are certain neighborhoods where massive man power would be required to enforce such a thing, which leaves many parts of this country still free. The only way martial law will be allowed, is if everyone loses all logical reasoning and become totally stupid, but i give Americans more credit than that, I think the majority of the people are well informed and intelligent enough to not allow that happen....well atleast i hope so.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Bush is playing the American nation like a poppet and guess what? we are going to let him

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join