It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are given 10 minutes warning - what do you do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
What would I do?

The words "Give me liberty or give me death" come to mind.

Nothing like that will happen. But the only way they would take me, is dead and I would take out as many of them as I could on the way.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onet Wosix
OK. i love reading ATS members posts about their plans if the shtf.

so this is the scenario...

you are at home, sunday evening , when you hear disruptive noises, shooting etc, and a neighbour you trust suddenly comes to your door and tells you tptb are rounding up everyone to take them to camps - you turn on the tv, and its happening nationwide... you have ten minutes before they hit your area....

what do you do in those ten minutes, would you be ready???

I doubt your scenario will occur as stated.
You wont be turning on the TV and hearing about it.
That is all.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

Call a few old army buddies, establish a base camp somewhere in the mountains and start a guerilla warfare.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
A 10 min warning isn't enough time for panic sex

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I see nobody asnwer : "Pray".

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

you are at home, sunday evening , when you hear disruptive noises, shooting etc, and a neighbour you trust suddenly comes to your door and tells you tptb are rounding up everyone to take them to camps - you turn on the tv, and its happening nationwide... you have ten minutes before they hit your area...

I don't get it. I hear shooting and distuptive noises and i have ten min? If im hearing that it means they are already there. Eh, realistically i would just hide in the attic of my house. If they were going door to door and trying to round up an entire city i doubt that they would be doing in depth searches of an entire area.
But something like this would never happen, you would probably get Months of notice that something like this was going to happen (which it wouldn't). The idea of picking up an entire population and moving them to camps is retarded. It would make more sense to just put up a fance and checkpoints around a city.
edit to add:
Oh yeah if my neighbor took one step inside my door i would blow his head off for trespassing.
edit on 10-1-2011 by Kayzar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I would gram my BOB and head a few blocks into some water runoff pipes i played in as a child. They span for miles and its a maze. Even someone on my trail will have a hard time following me. They even exit out in the country where there is nothing around but a small creek. Its a good place to set up camp.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Id shag the nearest alien
second
and third line x

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ten minutes? Try to get a front row seat. Its not enough time to get out of here so I might as well enjoy the show before they haul me in.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Being far removed from "civilisation" already no worries.. On the extremely longshot chance they decided to attempt the hike through the jungle to get here.. (If the animals or unexploded u.s ordinance laying around from 40 plus years ago when they dropped it didnt get them ) would fade off into the jungle long before they arrived.. Would leave them a note : gone to tea

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

This one is easy - you HIDE. Make sure you have a secret place to hide in your house that is concealable. Like a entrance to below the house that covered by a rug, or something like that.

If they are rounding up "everyone", then that means pretty soon your neighborhood is going to be quiet and empty.

Once the "round up" is complete - that is when you will have more time to plan your next move.

Sounds like a plan, if you've got such a space to hide.

If not, I'll go with the sex idea (and grab a deck of cards, and a good, small book). Could get boring in the camps probably.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well, i think i,d make sure i had plenty of toilet rolls...and some bicycle clips.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

Hug my wife and children and tell them it's going to be ok...things will never be the same from that point on..

How is that any different from what the government tells us?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onet Wosix
OK. i love reading ATS members posts about their plans if the shtf.

so this is the scenario...

you are at home, sunday evening , when you hear disruptive noises, shooting etc, and a neighbour you trust suddenly comes to your door and tells you tptb are rounding up everyone to take them to camps - you turn on the tv, and its happening nationwide... you have ten minutes before they hit your area....

what do you do in those ten minutes, would you be ready???

ask for three more wishes!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

You all are being given 1 seconds worth of notice to "clean up" your replies.

You know who you are.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
With only 10 minutes I would have to make some hard choices. I would get to my car, get my knife, boots and bag. Stuff it with food, snacks, whatever and head out into the mountains. Were surrounded by mountains / hills and even if they are searching for stragglers I could make it out safely. Once in the boondocks I would follow the typical SERE guidelines and try to make it deeper into the mountains. If I can get far enough away from where I started I'll take a break, get something to eat and try to clear my head. From there it's about avoiding people as much as possible and living off the land.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Pick up the phone and see if it works. If it does, start the alert chaincall system going. If not, throw the bugout pack and jump on one of the bug out vehicles, snowmobile if winter, motorcycle if no snow. Hit the trail into the woods and head to the meetup spot.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I would take my work vehicle a 5 star crash rated mini van and hit the road with a couple of BugOutBags or (B.O.B.s)
and hit the road my parents are roughly six hours away in the mountains with one road in and one road out 1 mile up we could defend for a while. If we had to run once up there we could hit the wilderness and they'd never catch us. If I hit any resistance i.e. roadblocks I would certainly either go around them through the dirt or on the shoulder or God forbid through the hoods of whatever vehicles they had parked towards each other, hoping I did not get shot as I went through. If all went well through the first roadblock I would get off the highway and hit sidestreets to avoid damaging my vehicle further. I would meet other family at scheduled rendevous supply points along the way. And try and stay as concealed as possible.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I've read page 1 of this thread, and I have to laugh.. you guys are so paranoid! Do you really think that one fine day, the Gummint will turn up and drag your donkeys off to these imaginary FEMA camps? Ask yourselves why and what for?
So, you turn your homes into arsenals and scare your kids witless and guess what, they won't thank you when you're 85, they're 60, and they'll remember how you spoiled their childhoods with scary fantasies, instead of preparing them for the likely disasters, such as unemployment, ridiculous ER bills, and the conseqjuences of the hours they spent learning to shoot instead of learning to do maths, study history and geography and maybe go to 'college', get jobs and have lives, instead of worrying about how to be a better Rambo!
When they're working at the diner or the 'gas station', they are so not going to be happy...
Vicky

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join