It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are given 10 minutes warning - what do you do?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Make sure my HEV suit is charged, grab my crowbar and gravity gun and head on ou ...

Oh wait a minute. 10 minutes? I'd probbly just heave pheropods out the window and let the antlions take care of everything.

City 17 indeed.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I would hand write a sign on the door "press bell for IED"...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

That's a good one! How about this one...
A quarantine sign on the front door.
The only problem that I see is they might
burn the house down.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
Nobody would be ready in ten minutes. I don't care who comes in here and says they would LOL.

It takes some people more than ten minutes to fix their hair up lol, you think they're going to be ready and have supplies ready in ten?

So true.
I could be ready in 20 working at a breakneck pace. Maybe.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by oswego
i would hide my family. put on my national guard uniform purchased from the army surpluses, go out into the chaos tell them my house was clear no fifteens or weapons house is secure. then i would do that for as many neighbors as i could then i would return home make a plan from there.

then head for Arizona, they will more than likely become sovereign and form a resistance.
edit on 8-1-2011 by oswego because: add to the plan.........escape is only the beginning ..

No offense but be prepared to stick out like a guy who bought a uniform at an army surplus store. In case you haven't noticed while shopping at your army surplus store, all branches have between 2-4 working uniform/camouflage variations(certain teams have even more). Not to sound rude, just saying as soon as you walk out of the house they are going to know right away your not affiliated. Lets hope you have your designator on the correct arm as well, and so on and so on. The list goes on and on. So as you see, its a little more complicated than just buying a uniform, I hope what I have said guides you in a better direction.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Onet Wosix

10 minute warning is just not enough time to get
ready.I have to have a shower,wash my hair,shave
my legs,get a mug of tea and some cookies...

Seriously,I would have seen the signs to leave and
would already be at my hideout.

agrred, the secodn I see something the resembles this happening i will just get my stuff get in my truck get the others in my community and leave. If you are going to know when you have only 10 minutes than you are sorta pathetic

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Ha. Like I`m going to post this on the web for them to be prepared for. Could be the deference from them armed guys at the door or a missile into the house. Anyone stating they will take them out will get the missile now.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If they are coming to round me up they must have a list of whose in what house...

I would have to leave my home immediately

I would bring only a couple things

I would go to my local forest area and set up a small makeshift camp as to not draw attention

I would wait out the night and see if they had left my area

If so, I return to my house and begin gathering my supplies for a hike north towards my uncles

OR if the heat is too much I will bunker down in the home for a few additional days

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
I'd go on ATS aand make a thread about it

Bet I will get ton of stars and flags.

I could see that going the opposite way.
People posting hoax after hoax thread and either getting placed in the hoax area or thread being deleted.

Although that would be the best warning for us so thanks for giving up your time to warn us.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
(stupid connection, it had a dns issue when I was sending my reply...)

There's a basement on my bedroom. I'll hid there as my relatives did when the militars came to take them to the camps on the 1973 coup d'etat. It's a great place to hide, even when it's full of spiders and everything else

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankieNinja

Now this is the kind of foolish things I hate to see said. just because you made an error in judgement, don't try to judge others. Besides, before you could be an effective weapon, they would probably shoot you where you stand. How about trying to save the life you have left to live.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
10 minutes warning. Well, every time I buy a sack, I take a nug from it and break it up into another separate sack. I am saving it for 4/20, but since I will either be dead or put into a camp by then, I would grab the 4/20 stash, and smoke as much as I can in that ten minutes while bumping my sub at 100% to some Tupac. My 2-3 songs of choice would most likely be "F*** All Ya'll", "Only Fear of Death", and either "Life Goes On" or "Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z". Personally, I'd rather die high and happy than live my life scurrying about the hills like a rat. We all have to go sometime, you know?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I would use the 10 min to think about that time someone asked me on a web forum what I would do if I only had 10 min. Then I would kick myself for possibly giving away any hiding places or weapons that I had over the web, for any and all law enforcement to see.
Bug out spots, weapons, and secret hiding places are no longer secret when you announce them over the web.

I doubt this scenerio would ever happen, I don't see there being enough man power to pull something off like this. But if someone, whether it be the government or some other foriegn power was coming to illegally take me to prison, then I would evaluate the event and work through each problem as it came up. doing my best to find safe passage to somewere that may be safe.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rbilly001

"I would use the 10 min to think about that time someone asked me on a web forum what I would do if I only had 10 min."

I almost urinated laughing at this

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I would pack a bag of essentials water, food, jacket, knife, etc (I do not own a gun, and do not care to) and I'd head for a very small cramped cave on my property and hope for the best. I would try my best to get my family to do likewise but knowing them they would all peacefully go to the camps, big brother knows best.

Considering I had a wife or children, I'd take them with me to the cave. Depending on what kind of force we are talking here, army, national guard, cops, I would probably resist. If it was just cops I would have no fear of running through the woods away. I know the national guard and army are more brainwashed though and wouldn't just let me go, so if that were the case and I really only had 10 minutes I'd tear order my family to tear apart the house, rip everything off the walls, and leave the doors open like we left in a hurry, and then pack the essentials and hide in the wine cellar.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I would grab my husband and sons, grab essentials, and we would hop on our quads and get as far as the gas would get us....Get somewhere remote and survive.... Luckily I married a survivalist hunter

Oh, and don't forget the guns and ammo!
edit on 1/9/2011 by AndyV because: forgot the most important thing hehe

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Walkj to the closet, grab a few rifles. Turn slowly to the people around me, lift and eyebrow and smile and say... Hey bubba, hold my beer and watch this!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
lol, I had this big detailed list I was going to post
but decided to refrain. I'd just rather big brother
watch the play by play on a field operations
map.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

Hmmm If I knew for a fact that I was one of the ones they were planning to pick up? I guess I would just run and hide in the woods or something. Wait for them to gather the people they wanted then come out when they leave. Of course I'm sure then later on I would hear on the radio that the people they had taken to the camps were actually a randomly selected group of people that they are going to take and place into an enormous underground city....which they are doing because a Giant Asteroid is going to hit the earth and destroy every living thing on the surface, but they selected these random people as a way to let the species survive...the radio announcer would go on to say that a few individuals could not be found, and that because time was of the essence they were replaced with someone from a group of alternates the Government had ready in case of just a scenerio! LMAO!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Grab my kids and my already packed backpacks of emergencies and RUN for the national park where there's plenty of caves I know about

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join