It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Assassination Attempt of Gabrielle Giffords due to Proposed Salary Cuts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Thursday, Giffords introduced another 5 percent reduction involving Congress calling on all members to have their salaries cut.

The last time Congress reduced their pay was in 1933, during the Great Depression, when their $9,000 annual salaries were reduced to $8,500.

www.svherald.com...

At least 12 people were shot at a Tucson grocery store on Saturday, and U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was among them, a Democratic party source told CNN.

www.cnn.com...

The timing is very interesting. I wonder who shot her, I wonder if he'll live long to talk about it.

What do you think ATS..............a conspiracy?

edit on Sat Jan 8 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: correct title to reflect there was an attempt only

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Gunman was 19 or 20 years old and he shot other people - I don't think this had anything to do with her agenda. An unstable kid with a gun at the Safeway grocery store. No one deserves to be shot - he came right up to her and shot her in the head. I think I read 6 others died as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

hmm,

I fail to understand your logic here, would you please clarify

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yes, let's speculate like the MSM does.

I think it was an alien, yeah, yeah, that is it.

Come on people. Let us wait for some FACTS!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
assassinated would suggest she is dead ... she is not dead she is in surgery. at the moment.www.cnn.com...

and here is more proof www.washingtonpost.com... shes alive.
edit on 8-1-2011 by oswego because: more sources

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

I think we will learn the gunman shot her because he has a family membor who needs a organ transplant, because recently arizona elemenated transplants from their free medical system budget.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Jared Lee Loughner. has been named as the shooter

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
well I heard there are people Manchurian candidate types,sleeper assassins if you will among the population

this kind thing makes me wonder,I will say whatever the truth is, we'll never figure it out they are going to keep this guy under lock and key and put out a BS story about it ,you will know it is a lie because it won't make sense to any reasonable person

he will 'commit suicide' soon

Seems like TPTB had good reasons to get rid of her ,it sets a bad example for someone like her to go out among the people and take government to the masses ,and now there is proof positive that we the people are all crazed maniacs and fits perfectly into the TPTB's elitist preference for distancing themselves from ordinary people and the perfect excuse to withdraw to secret sessions to legislate

so from their standpoint it's a win win

yes it's a conspiracy ,now we see who benefits we know who to investigate

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
she is out of surgery doctors are optimistic . there was also a district judge from Tuscon killed.

10 people dead, 4 stable,5 critical, 1 child dead. doc optimistic about recovery.
edit on 8-1-2011 by oswego because: current update

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Manchurian candidate
It does sound like this might be what it is..........

Who in their right mind would approach a gathering of people with the intent to kill, and not have a plan of exit? Besides, his you-tube page makes no sense at all, but who am I to judge that.... mine doesn't either.

In any event this action does not represent a clear minded person doing something they believe in.

Now about where he got his "training" is a toss up. Who will win? Not gun owners, that's for sure.....

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I dont know guys.

The federal debt is the single biggest threat to our economy and national security today. I invite you to try your hand at tackling the debt with this useful budget tool or take a look at my efforts to restore fiscal responsibility in Washington.

giffords.house.gov...

Thats the first thing you see on her page, front and center.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

exactly these assassins.if that's what they are, are expendables,as to who benefits? well like I said the whole rhetoric for the past decade
from government media and corporate heads is to NOT dialogue with any coalitions or citizens movements and to marginalize them as aberrant or ignorant ...along comes a politician in the peoples corner who wants to take government to the folks and be accessible whoa! Very bad president to set! now there is a justification for ever more levels of security to separate us from our ruling classes!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
check out this thread about new secrecy rules for the British royal Family
www.abovetopsecret.com...#

goes with what I ve been saying about TPTB desiring an excuse for separating themselves from the public and limiting access of citizens to there governmental authorities

they are sick of us and our constant calls for them to stop spending stop taxing stop poisoning imprisoning us
in other words they are feeling the heat and getting desperate,Maybe it's theory

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well,. maybe she was silenced because she was going to tell the world about the coming apocalypse.
Sorry just had to throw that out there

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
Who in their right mind would approach a gathering of people with the intent to kill, and not have a plan of exit?

You should have just left out everything after "kill".

Anyone, in their right mind doesn't approach a gathering of people with the intent to kill.

That's what his sounds like to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
MOD's: Title of this thread needs editing, the Congresswoman was not assassinated. She is still alive.

I find it annoying that a gentleman stated more than once in this thread that she was, in fact, NOT dead. Pay attention to posts and news there people.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

My thanks to the Mods for changing the thread title.

They're saying the Congresswoman is in Critical Condition tonight.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
What about all of the non-politiciion wo are victems of violent crime?
Like the young mother who was shot in her driveway on christmas by a pair of gang bangers. .

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ..5..
What about all of the non-politiciion wo are victems of violent crime?
Like the young mother who was shot in her driveway on christmas by a pair of gang bangers. .

We are here to worship politicians, you didn't know?

They're so smart and pretty, just like actors.

They know what's right for you and I.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

No, the reason why she was shot was because some ragtag group of morons want Conservative Dictaitorship to continue.

new topics

top topics

join