It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona reportedly shot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona was shot in the head while holding a public event in Tucson, National Public Radio reported Saturday. Other news agencies reported up to 11 other people had been injured after an unidentified gunman ran up and began shooting indiscriminately as Giffords addressed supporters. Giffords was shot point blank in the head, according to Fox News. Giffords, who was re-elected to her third term in November, was hosting her first "Congress on Your Corner" event at the Safeway in northwest Tucson, NPR reported. The gunman was in custody, according to media reports. Giffords, 40, a Democrat, is married to U.S. astronaut Mark Kelly. She took office in January 2007, emphasizing issues such as immigration reform, embryonic stem-cell research, alternative energy sources and a higher minimum wage.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blangger

Already posted. I would delete but I do not know how. Please fell free too. Thanx

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Haven't had the news on today so I didn't know this. I am not familiar with her but to get shot in the head and others as well is not good - a small crowd maybe lacking in security. Will return for updates.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
How much do you want to bet it has something to do with immigration?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blangger

For what it's worth, a Sarah Palin fundraising website on Thursday put out a map with a gun scope target on Giffords district and her name as a target.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join