It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by vkey08

You know, i do not like Fred Phelps in the slightest. He, and his cohorts, are among the most repulsive, repugnant, steaming piles of sun dried offal that has ever cursed our planet.

But it puzzles me why the Christian community is so turned off by what he says. I swear, that paragraph you typed above sounds just like a biblical passage, only using more modern vernacular.

Agreed 100% and more. I can't for the life of me see how this guy continues to espose hate like this.

Back on topic though, a lot more information is coming out today and even more of it makes no sense at all. I wonder if the whole thing wasn't a set-up now, and I was trying to hope beyond hope that it was just some crazy dude with a chip on his shoulder.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dialecticchaos77

Originally posted by RUDDD49
Why isn't Sarah Palin in Custody considering the Police have Physical proof her campaign made direct threats towards Gabrielle Giffords. In none of the Video's or Blogs i've seen by this supposed "shooter" so far, have I mentioned any Invididual or Party being singled out as a target for anything.

Seriously? Maybe do some fact checking. Palin never called for anyone to be shot or gunned down. Like I said before, everyone knows that the "targeting" was for voting and such. Besides, it's usually lefties that are trying to incite violence or bombings to make their point. Witch hunt someone else.

Just curious...

If I painted a target or cross hairs on your name or your picture or of one of your loved ones; would you consider that a threat?

I would!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Palin never called for anyone to be shot or gunned down.

I agree that she didn't. HOWEVER you simply CANNOT DENY that this type of gun infused rhetoric might influence an unbalanced person: (100% Recycled from one of my other posts in another thread)

Sarah Palin Sticks to Her Guns, and Gun Imagery, in Message to Supporters

"The crossfire is intense, so penetrate through enemy territory by bombing through the press, and use your strong weapons -- your Big Guns -- to drive to the hole. Shoot with accuracy; aim high and remember it takes blood, sweat and tears to win," Palin wrote. In the headline of her update, she mockingly predicted that the message would be "subject to new politically correct language police censorship."

SOURCE

I can think of countless other "themes" (sports, offense/defense, scoring points, goals, teamwork etc.) that could be used to politically inspire and energize one's base in lieu of veiled, violence-infused hate speech.

My .02¢
edit on 9-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

It's called mind control:

forum.prisonplanet.com...
Eyewitness just claimed he had a blank expression on his face as he said "ow my arm" while being held down.

forum.prisonplanet.com...
Now, they are reporting that Jared is not cooperating. Some therapists is claiming that he is delusional, . . . the gov is reading his mind, doesn't know if he is in a dream. Therapists also claimed that he is acting arrogant, paranoid and thinks he's on a grand mission of some sort.

Is it just me or is this remarkably similar to the same discription given of the Ft hood shooter ?
I don't buy into alot of consiracies, but this seemed a glaring " coincidence"

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD49
Why isn't Sarah Palin in Custody considering the Police have Physical proof her campaign made direct threats towards Gabrielle Giffords. In none of the Video's or Blogs i've seen by this supposed "shooter" so far, have I mentioned any Invididual or Party being singled out as a target for anything.

Seriously? Maybe do some fact checking. Palin never called for anyone to be shot or gunned down. Like I said before, everyone knows that the "targeting" was for voting and such. Besides, it's usually lefties that are trying to incite violence or bombings to make their point. Witch hunt someone else.

You may want to mention that fact to one of your fellow conservatives.

edit on 9-1-2011 by JRCrowley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

Not my fellow conservative. Nice try to set it up as a conservative action. Like saying Zionists represent the Jewish people. Or the Islamic terrorists represent all of Islam.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Nice try. Take it into context. It wasn't about killing. It was targeting officals to sway them or elect them out. Keep up the rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
++++++++++ UPDATE ++++++++

Shooting Captured on Surveillance Video

The video shows federal judge John Roll chatting with an aide to Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D. Ariz.) moments before the violence erupts, according to officials.

Link to story / Not video

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

reply to post by JRCrowley

Not my fellow conservative. Nice try to set it up as a conservative action. Like saying Zionists represent the Jewish people. Or the Islamic terrorists represent all of Islam.

I'm not trying to "set up" anything. Nice try trying to set me up as someone trying to set something up. It's a fail.

As far as your arguments throughout this thread, you are definitely taking a very defensive posture of the right wing. One comment you made was, "Figured desperate and spiteful people were going to twist this to automatically indict the entire right leaning spectrum. Typical."

Only an idiot would try to "indict the entire right leaning spectrum". An idiot would also ignore some very obvious connections. For example, Sarah Palin puts gun sight targets on her web site and names Gifford as a target. You don't find anything at all mentionable about that? Are you that stupid?

Now, of course normal people, as you also stated in a previous post, "knows that the "targeting" was for voting and such" but unfortunately, my friend not everyone out there is normal. That is why we all - including people like Palin - need to be very responsible in the things we say and do, so as not to incite the crazies and such.

I will also state that she has taken that web page down. So clearly she (or more likely her legal counsel) has figured out that the optics on this don't look good for her at all. In fact, it's not a stretch to say her political career is now completely toast.

But let me ask you something, not that I'm a huge fan of the man, but take a look at what Michael Moore has put up on his Twitter account, and you can let us all know if you have an answer to his question:

If a Detroit Muslim put a map on the web w/crosshairs on 20 pols, then 1 of them got shot, where would he b sitting right now? Just asking.

twitter.com...

So please tell us, dialecticchaos77, if you were in charge of things, and a Muslim in the U.S. posted on his web site a graphic of gun sight cross-hairs over a congresswoman's voting district - and also named her name on the site - and subsequently that congresswoman got shot in the brain. What would you do if you were in charge? Would you investigate that Muslim?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

Nice try. Take it into context. It wasn't about killing. It was targeting officals to sway them or elect them out. Keep up the rhetoric.

Nice try yourself. If the poster was so innocuous; why did she take it down? Keep up the defense of a fool

Rhetoric? Here is some of Palins rhetoric.....

"The crossfire is intense, so penetrate through enemy territory by bombing through the press, and use your strong weapons -- your Big Guns -- to drive to the hole. Shoot with accuracy; aim high and remember it takes blood, sweat and tears to win," Palin wrote. In the headline of her update, she mockingly predicted that the message would be "subject to new politically correct language police censorship."

edit on 9-1-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

you know, i see Palin as a harpy, but i am glad she is there. she is a pain in the butt to DC. Of course, if she were to ever be elected to any office, it would really stink...

....but i think i see her point here. this is about liberty, about freedom of speech. If a tragedy happens, then a tragedy happens. No need to try to change something about who we are in response to the actions of the insane.

All that aside, i think using war metaphors in politics is just stupid.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Palin never called for anyone to be shot or gunned down.

I agree that she didn't. HOWEVER you simply CANNOT DENY that this type of gun infused rhetoric might influence an unbalanced person: (100% Recycled from one of my other posts in another thread)

Sarah Palin Sticks to Her Guns, and Gun Imagery, in Message to Supporters

SOURCE

I can think of countless other "themes" (sports, offense/defense, scoring points, goals, teamwork etc.) that could be used to politically inspire and energize one's base in lieu of veiled, violence-infused hate speech.

My .02¢
edit on 9-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

Think Republicans are the only party using these kinds of poster and "attack ads".

Think again ...

source

What does this show? Democrat attack posters from the 2004 election, when they were "targeting" Bush supporters. The big difference seems to be:

The democrat posters used actual bullseyes instead of a the circle with a cross through it as on the poster from Palin's PAC. And the poster text actually says "Targeted Republican ..."

DENY HYPOCRISY!
edit on 1/11/2011 by centurion1211 because: added more text

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

IMO the worst thing about the postings of some here and elsewhere is that they keep repeating other people's BS rather than looking at the evidence for themselves.

And so what does the evidence actually show about this shooter?
- he is a registered independent
- he did not even vote in the 2010 elections
- his favorite books include the Communist Manifesto
- people that know him called him a "left-wing pothead".

So, somehow many here and elsewhere are somehow able to play connect the dots and come to believe that a Palin PAC campaign poster can somehow convince a left-wing pothead, who is also a registered independent, who's favorite book is the Communist Manifesto to try and kill a democrat congresswoman.

Ludicrous if you even think a little about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
And I also find this troubling.

Some of the shooter's other beliefs, as expressed on his website and Youtube postings:

- the government is out to get us all
- the government is using mind control on us
- there is a NWO conspiracy
- 9/11 was caused by Bush (another "great" reason to target a democrat, right?)

- the Mars probe landings were faked. (And the moon landings, too?)

Now, where have we all seen writings like his before?

Starting to sound familiar?

Answer:

Right here on ATS!

That means (many?) members here could or seem to have basically the same belief structure as the guy who thought he needed to go out and shoot a congresswoman.

What to do, what to do?

Does that mean ATS has a duty to turn anyone posting these kinds of things over to the government to try and keep further violence like this from happening?

I wonder ...

edit on 1/11/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious and by Whaaa

Before you lay blame on the Right wing and crosshairs, we should look at the Left wing and crosshairs. This is nothing but the Liberal Elite taking an tragic incident to make political hay out of it. Lets looks at the Democratic strategy map and who they are targeting shall we?

Since when did the ignorant Liberal Elite think going on National TV to push an agenda to blame the Tea Party or Republicans for a senseless act of violence would be a good idea without first checking to see if they were guilty of exactly what they are accusing the right of doing?

...and Democrats wonder why they got their asses booted out of the House. Keep this BS up and in the next elections they stand a chance of loosing the Senate and the WhiteHouse.

The American people are tired of the blame game, and to exploit a tragedy like this to do it makes it even worse and does nothing but reinforce the belief that some peoples ethics would raise eyebrows in the Court of Calligula.

This incident was an act of violence by a disturbed kid with mental issues and nothing more. Any attempt to make it into something more is going to backfire and blow up in their face. Apparently the left did not learn anything in the last election cycle....

Also - This kid is a registered INDEPENDANT, not a Democrat nor a Republican.

Hate speech??? Look at how each map is labeled. The Republican map says taking a stand. The Democrat map says behind enemy lines. Lets not forget that Obama at one point called republicans the enemy. The Democrats need to drop the hypocrisy in an effort to take advantage of the situation.

Never let a good crisis go to waste -
Hilary Clinton
Rham Emmanuel
Again Rham Emmanuel

What did the DailyKos have to say about Rep Giffords?

Maybe you can show me where the Liberal Left is going after the dailykos and their comments in addition to the Republican info that is being cited. The comments were removed after the Rep was shot, and not because they had anything to do with it, but because it would be hard to blame the Republicans for inciting hate speech with Democrats doing the same thing.

What else did the Dailykos have?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4b0ecaa6b10.png[/atsimg]

Uhm.. yeah.. Its all the Republicans fault. I am guessing people come to that conlusion by using the one potato two potato method?

edit on 11-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
In true ATS conspiracy style, let's look at what's happened. Remember, Rahm Emanuel's statement to never let a crisis go to waste, they have various desires they would like to come to fruition be it ruining Sarah Palin, ban guns, more government control of your money, and the American people accepting more totalitarian infringements upon their privacy, and last but most definitely not least shutting down alternative internet sites like ATS. So, they have an outcome they want.

Let's say they want to ban guns and take out Sarah Palin politically. That's the problem. The Solution is Banning guns and silencing Palin. All they need is a crisis. Now, they want to have as much ammunition (pun intended) so they set up scenarios where video clips will have the most impact post crisis event, like Giffords or some other politicos saying things that are warnings to Palin.

Let's say this Jared is some mind control victim who was triggered to murder Giffords. They are using a this crisis to get to their final goal. We have the Problem, crisis, solution all in a nice package here for them to target conservatives in general, gun rights advocates, websites, and most particularly Palin. His handlers make him communicate in nutso fashion, focus on mind control stuff (so when he is caught no one can say he is a tool of the ptb.) If ATS has been hitting on the truth, what better way to drive it into the ground than portray everyone here as a nut. This would have taken a year to do. Get all the pieces in place, get Jared onto ATS, and get a very attractive Democratic woman, young and vibrant killed or horrifically attacked by Jared. (I do wonder if the impact would have been the same if it had been some typical unattractive liberal female politician and not Giffords. I am saying would the mental impact be the same? Probably, but who knows. Giffords is one of the few who can hold a candle to Palin in the looks department politically speaking).

So, is there any merit to this musing? I certainly have no proof, but it does fit the typical Hegalian dialectic scenario.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Perhaps the idea of "democrat" is NOT the reason she was targeted...perhaps it may be the information she possesses, what her husband may have told her...he is on the ISS right?, or is that his twin brother, right?

She is liable in either case to be in a position to speak the truth about the NASA space program...a direct relative is UP THERE NOW!

The lone nut job...all the facts are not in, but suffice it to say this reeks of the OKC timothy mcveigh silent treatment where he said NOTHING before, during or after trial-and wished for the death penalty quickly...how unusual.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdWard54
reply to post by Aggie Man

Perhaps the idea of "democrat" is NOT the reason she was targeted...perhaps it may be the information she possesses, what her husband may have told her...he is on the ISS right?, or is that his twin brother, right?

She is liable in either case to be in a position to speak the truth about the NASA space program...a direct relative is UP THERE NOW!

Yeah, I alluded to that 2 posts up from the one you quoted:

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Hmmm, I wonder if this is some nut that is upset over their delusional belief that scientists are colluding with the government to hide information (i.e., bird deaths, space program, aliens, etc.).
edit on 8-1-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

Ok so am i like one of two people that sees a resemblance to revelations passage 13:3
"One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast". now maybe this is reaching but hey thats what this forum is about right sharing observations and news well anyways thought it strange noone else made this correlation and with some of the stuff i see as headlines and discusions cant imagine why this has slipped the thoughts of a large group of theorist i mean everyone was quick to jump on the ban waggon of the BP oil spill having connections to revelations also what about all the animal die offs could we possibly see a 3rd of the earths wildlife die off now trees are dying world wide to just a thought even if it is only that things that make you go Hmmmm anyone Hmmmm no Meh.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragnarokman
reply to post by logicalthinking

Ok so am i like one of two people that sees a resemblance to revelations passage 13:3
"One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast". now maybe this is reaching but hey thats what this forum is about right sharing observations and news well anyways thought it strange noone else made this correlation and with some of the stuff i see as headlines and discusions cant imagine why this has slipped the thoughts of a large group of theorist i mean everyone was quick to jump on the ban waggon of the BP oil spill having connections to revelations also what about all the animal die offs could we possibly see a 3rd of the earths wildlife die off now trees are dying world wide to just a thought even if it is only that things that make you go Hmmmm anyone Hmmmm no Meh.

I thought of that, and then I thought "don't be ridiculous!"
Because it is ridiculous..
Vicky

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join