It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dasauto
More then likely being shot point blank in the head will result in death...

They can report she is alive right now all they want, probably will be confirmed ABSOLUTELY Dead very shortly.

Sorry but you are mistaken.

A bullet to the brain isn't always fatal. If a bullet enters the forehead in the area of the Frontal Lobes and proceeds directly down the center, lodging somewhere in between, without causing major damage to either the left or right hemisphere, it can quite easily be survived.

Many people who have survived head shots also go on to lead normal lives without any major dysfunction. Exept fpr the nasty round scar in the middle of the forehead.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

I've known people who tried to join the military and were rejected. They're the type that aren't really antisocial, but don't fit into mainstream society. Outsiders, I guess you'd call them, except that they had friends. Nerds would be a better word for it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
You do know that that is a complete fabrication, right? She has been a Democrat her entire political life.

Please don't pull BS misinformation out of your poop tube and try and foist it on people as some kind of magical truth that has some bearing on the event.

The woman has been shot and is lying in a hospital fighting for her life. She is smart, articulate, and well liked in her electorate by colleagues, adversaries, and voters of all 'wings' alike.

She does not deserve your lame attempts at character assassination or what ever it is that you are trying to imply by that lie.

Jeepers.. Since you are an expert on Rep Giffords you should contact her office and let them know that when Rep. Giffords was interviewed on FoxNews and said she used to be a Republican that she was lying.

FoxNews Interview - Rep. Giffords says she used to be a Republican
Time index 03:37

I dont appriciate being called a liar, or accused of character assasination when I pointed out that she was a strong proponent of the 2nd Amendment, and that she owned a gun, which she has stated.

You need to remove your political blinders, come off the keith olbermann style anything associated with Republican is evil, and do some research. When you make statements like you did you come across as NTAC 2.0 compliant.

I would ask for an apology, but I doubt I would get one.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Uhm... ok... Emergency Medical Services, when respondong to any scene where there is Law Enforcement involvement are required to stage in the area until Law Enforcement secures the scene. Its not a conspiracy in any way shape or form in hopes people would die of their wounds.

Its done on the off chance the gunmen is still present, its done on the chance there is more than one shooter, its done on the off chance there are booby taps / explosives / etc left behind specifically targeting emergency responders.

Its tragic with any death and destruction. What good does it do to potentially run the body count up by entering an unsecured scene by medial first responders? The 1st responders cannot attend to the wounded or injured if they themselves are injured, wounded or killed.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Everyone google that "SarahPAC" picture with the targets all over it.

Now, consider this. Should we encourage this type of mentality? Should we support individuals using weapons like children when they don't get their way?
Should we allow political figures to encourage this?

Do you believe that video games and tv make people violent? That's exactly the logic you are using. Everyone knows darn well that Palin wasn't calling people to violence. It wasn't targeting for violence or killing. God, talk about spinning something to complete BS. From what I read about this idiot, he didn't follow any particular ideology. Figured desperate and spiteful people were going to twist this to automatically indict the entire right leaning spectrum. Typical.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
something stinks about this arrest smells like roasted scapegoat to me they are talking about how he was a habitual criminal because he was a loner who was arrested for having paraphernalia and he was stopped once for running a stop sign. if he is the killer i hope he fries but it smells fishy how much info has been released so fast. seriously if he was mexican it would sound just like machete

Dont forget his youtube / myspace / facebook comments, or the fact he was expelled from community college because the school had to call the police on 5 seperate occasions to deal with this guy, going so far to state the only way the school would accept him back is if he underwent a Psychiatric evaluation. He also was not allowed into the military, and dollars to donuts its going to be because of psychiatric problems. He dropped out of highschool in his junior year...

Its not just one incident that becomes a red flag. Its a bunch of incidents that has occured that is raising red flags, although in this and most other cases its rarely caught in time.

Singleing out just bits and pieces of his history and claiming the guy was a scapegoat is a bit off in my opinion. If the other person of intrest is found and turns out to be involved, then its possible this kid was used by this other person.

The kid had issues across the spectrum of issues one can have. As with any type of situation like this, a picture is going to be put together from this guys past that shows many warning signs and red flags. The question will be asked why didnt anyone stop him. People will search for naswers, and will find none.

Its not a conpiracy... Its not a government assasination of Rep Giffords.

Its a kid with a troubled past who finally snapped.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by getreadyalready
He was just a lone nutjob, or a crazy patsy of some other nutjob outfit. He was not part of the Tea party, or any other group that is calling for an overhaul (not overthrow) of the government.

Quite a mouthful. Apparently you have sources of factual information that you neglected to share or that is just your own uninformed opinion. Which is it?

I'll withhold my opinion until more facts come in. Already the initial reports of her death were in error, so there should be more factual info to follow. (Not solely MSM)
edit on 8-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

No more facts are necessary to ascertain what I stated. If you were involved with any of those groups, you would recognize that this is not on any groups agenda. He may later be loosely connected with some group, but I guarantee that he is not a participating member in any such group.

He acted alone, or as the agent of some covert agency, he did not act on behalf of any political or militia organizations. No matter what they eventually connect him to, please remember this fact.

Along the same lines, the Times Square smoke bomber was not connected to any international terrorist organization. He may have visited their websites, or he might have attempted to contact them, but there is no way he would have made such an inept bomb with the wrong supplies and wrong combination if he had the least bit of coaching. Again, he acted alone, and all the loose connections were plugged in after the fact.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

"there is reason to believe he has a mental issue."

They say that because he believes in the conspiracy theories..

No.

He was refused entry into the US military because the individual was described as "unstable", and the army were not the only group to notice it, too. However, he was still allowed access to firearms.

"Oh jez, the army reckon you're a nutjob. Wanna gun, fella?"

From studying his catalogue on YouTube and his allege favourite literature it is quite clear the individual was suffering from major psychological issue. His reading material was sporadic and completely contradicting in parts - ridiculous thoughts, extremely caustic and seems unwilling to determined between fantasy and reality.

Lesson here is quite simple, don't allow a figure described "unstable" access to firearms.
edit on 9-1-2011 by infinite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
+++++ UPDATE +++++

Just reported on CNN that the 2nd "Person of Interest" they were looking to question (seen on surveillance video) was located and identified as the Cab Driver who dropped him off. Not a co conspirator.

Beginning to lean toward lone nut job myself. I learned not to jump to conclusions after OK City bombing.

Not trying to come off as Barney Fife here, just felt it was worth sharing. This is such a senseless tragedy.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
+++++ UPDATE +++++

Just reported on CNN that the 2nd "Person of Interest" they were looking to question (seen on surveillance video) was located and identified as the Cab Driver who dropped him off. Not a co conspirator.

What a great cover to pull off the perfect crime.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Exactly how many suspects do they have in custody?

tucsoncitizen.com...  (from Sunday, Jan 9)
Police said the suspect, whom they would not identify, has refused to cooperate with authorities, invoking his right to remain silent. Police believe he came to the constituent meeting with another individual identified only as a White male in his 50s.
Multiple law-enforcement sources say police were questioning Jared Loughner....

tucsoncitizen.com...
"Police arrest man near Thornydale and Magee Roads who is suspected of being connected to the shooting of Giffords and others. A third man is being sought."

/

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Its called psychosis:

Psychosis - Psychosis is a loss of contact with reality, usually including false beliefs about what is taking place or who one is (delusions) and seeing or hearing things that aren't there (hallucinations).

Symptoms Psychotic symptoms may include:
* Disorganized thought and speech
* False beliefs that are not based in reality (delusions), especially unfounded fear or suspicion
* Hearing, seeing, or feeling things that are not there (hallucinations)
* Thoughts that "jump" between unrelated topics (disordered thinking)

Causes: A number of substances and medical conditions can cause psychosis, including:

* Alcohol and certain illegal drugs, both during use and during withdrawal
* Brain tumors or cysts
* Dementia (including Alzheimer's disease)
* Degenerative brain diseases, such as Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, and certain chromosomal disorders
* HIV and other infections that affect the brain
* Some prescription drugs, such as steroids and stimulants
* Some types of epilepsy
* Stroke

Psychosis

This is what I think he is suffering from. How he got this way is a mystery, but this fits his MO perfectly IMO.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Why isn't Sarah Palin in Custody considering the Police have Physical proof her campaign made direct threats towards Gabrielle Giffords. In none of the Video's or Blogs i've seen by this supposed "shooter" so far, have I mentioned any Invididual or Party being singled out as a target for anything.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It's called mind control:

forum.prisonplanet.com...
Eyewitness just claimed he had a blank expression on his face as he said "ow my arm" while being held down.

forum.prisonplanet.com...
Now, they are reporting that Jared is not cooperating. Some therapists is claiming that he is delusional, . . . the gov is reading his mind, doesn't know if he is in a dream. Therapists also claimed that he is acting arrogant, paranoid and thinks he's on a grand mission of some sort.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

If thats the case then he may actually be able to get the insanity plea.

They will say he has psychosis soon. Its only a matter of time before they figure out if what he's doing is real or fake. He needs a CAT scan to see if there are any irregular growths in his brain, or use an EKG or w/e its called to see if his thought patterns are normal or not. Certain parts of the brain light up in the same area for normal people, while in psychotic cases their brain gives different signals.

Need to wait and see what the official result is.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have heard - but can't cite my source, sorry, so I realize this is worthless, that he was in 'a fugue state'

Which contradicts what I believe to be true - his Internet postings really made him seem quite schizophrenic to me.
If it does pan out this was a fugue state - wo, that's going to be fuel for the MKULTRA fire.

So anyway, I will eat my words if I have to, and I keep looking for any media confirmation that this was a rare fugue state.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

If thats the case then he may actually be able to get the insanity plea.

They will say he has psychosis soon. Its only a matter of time before they figure out if what he's doing is real or fake. He needs a CAT scan to see if there are any irregular growths in his brain, or use an EKG or w/e its called to see if his thought patterns are normal or not. Certain parts of the brain light up in the same area for normal people, while in psychotic cases their brain gives different signals.

Need to wait and see what the official result is.

This may be true, but only to a degree.

Schizophrenia can be seen in a scan, as can some organic injuries. However, psychosis NOS (not otherwise specified, which means "you're crazy, but don't fit into one of our boxes for crazy") would not show on a brain scan, and would likely require a few hours of testing and discussion.

Having worked in mental health, i can tell you for sure that there is not way to prove that someone isn't crazy. In this guys case, he has left his crazy proof written all over the internet.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Of course you now have Fred Phelps speaking up stating he's happy the little girl is dead and he's going to picket her funeral...

That child was not innocent. This is a nation of depraved perverts
who pass their children through the fire of their rage against God & all-consuming lust. From the womb, she was taught to hate God & mock His servants. That child is better off dead, so the cup of her iniquity will not overflow! Rep. Giffords passed laws trying to keep WBC watchers off the street corners. In repayment, God sent the shooter when she took to a street corner! The blood of the 9-year-old is on Rep. Giffords’ hands! This nation rejoiced & your officials were ho-hum when a violent veteran stalked 5 WBC picketers with 90 rounds of ammunition. In repayment, God sent the shooter with 90 rounds of ammunition & killed your federal judge, your child, & others. Now let’s see if you’re so ho-hum in the face of God’s wrath! The blood of these six dead is on your hands rebellious doomed- america! God’s judgments are so righteous & marvelous in our sight!
THANK GOD FOR HIS RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENTS!

From his official press release...

Can this situation get any worse?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD49
Why isn't Sarah Palin in Custody considering the Police have Physical proof her campaign made direct threats towards Gabrielle Giffords. In none of the Video's or Blogs i've seen by this supposed "shooter" so far, have I mentioned any Invididual or Party being singled out as a target for anything.

Seriously? Maybe do some fact checking. Palin never called for anyone to be shot or gunned down. Like I said before, everyone knows that the "targeting" was for voting and such. Besides, it's usually lefties that are trying to incite violence or bombings to make their point. Witch hunt someone else.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

You know, i do not like Fred Phelps in the slightest. He, and his cohorts, are among the most repulsive, repugnant, steaming piles of sun dried offal that has ever cursed our planet.

But it puzzles me why the Christian community is so turned off by what he says. I swear, that paragraph you typed above sounds just like a biblical passage, only using more modern vernacular.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join