It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

This is what happens when you piss off the illegal immigrants and drug cartels so close to the Mexico border. Especially when border security and immigration reforms are being planned and discussed.

Maybe the Obama administration will now consider a proposal to cede all of the Tucson area to the Mexican cartels and send all of the US border personnel to Afghanistan to help the Afghans better secure their border with Pakistan?

How's that broken knee? Swelling gone down yet?

This crime was perpetrated by a nutter whose delusions were focused by the poisonous, seditious, rhetoric spouted by RWNJ like Beck and opportunistic politicians like Brewer and Palin. These folks didn't pull the trigger, but they most definitely encouraged the poisonous atmosphere that amplified the hate and paranoia of the shooter, and gave a patina of legitimacy to the idea of "2nd Amendment remedies" to his deranged mental state.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Here is what Info wars is saying .

He was never in the military. He applied in 2008, but failed the entrance exams. Military won't say what part of the exams, physical, mental, education, or what, he failed.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

I would like to point out that the shooter listed one of his favorite books as "The Communist Manifesto"- not exactly Republican/Tea Party reading material, so all you Liberal shils can sit back down now and try and have some friggin' respect for the dead.....sheesh

Also "Animal Farm" and "Brave New World", both anti-Communist and anti-Facist.

Why are you picking on one book? Maybe it was a favorite because it presented the best example of what he hated? He also had "Mein Kampf" on that list, and "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "Through the Looking Glass" and "Fahrenheit 451".
edit on 8/1/2011 by rnaa because: Mockingbird spelling

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
reply to post by projectvxn

The truth is people have been warning ignoramuses like Palin and the other Tea party nut-job Sharon Angle who remember said: “We might take to 2nd amendment solutions” to WATHCH WHAT THEY SAY
Because there are nuts in the earth

Putting crosshairs on people IS DANGEROUS! In the world we live in.

You do know that Rep Gifford used to be a Republican right. She is a very strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, and owns a gun herself. So trying to tie Palin or the teaparty into this is sad, and has nothing to do with what occured today.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

------------
First of all, reports coming out right now say Giffords is still alive. To all those injured today in this tragedy, to their families and to the families of those slain today--you are in my prayers.

That was Judge Roll, who basically stood up for the Constitution. He allowed a few minor claims to go forward on a very controversial case: (from a comment)
"...on February 17 a federal jury in Tucson rejected nearly all of the substantive claims brought by MALDEF against Arizona rancher and immigration reform activist Roger Barnett. Earlier, on February 10, federal district judge John M. Roll threw out related conspiracy complaints against his wife Barbara and his brother Donald Barnett, and dismissed the claims brought by ten illegal aliens who did not testify in court. Judge Roll explained that illegal aliens have no constitutionally protected right to travel in the U.S..."
--AND--
"..Jurors awarded four female plaintiffs small punitive damages for emotional distress. However, it is unlikely that damages will ultimately be paid. The jury instructions, which did not conform to Arizona standards for emotional distress awards, and a 2006 Arizona constitutional amendment bars awards of punitive damages to illegal aliens. Most significantly, when the jury unanimously denied the civil rights, conspiracy, and false imprisonment claims, they not only rejected MALDEF's decision to play the race card in court, but provided the family members the opportunity to seek recovery of attorneys fees. The risk of liability for fees and costs will be an important deterrent to spurious civil rights-based legal attacks on immigration reform activists and law-abiding communities in the future..."
www.washingtontimes.com...
------------------------------------------
From various articles I've read today, the alleged shooter is mentally unstable and "far left". There have also been reports that someone accompanied him to the location. Here's more information about that:
"...the second individual who he would only describe as "white" and "in his 50s." Authorities have photographs of the person of interest and are "actively pursuing him," the sheriff said..."
abcnews.go.com...
------------------------------
It's also my understanding that "work" on repealing healthcare (House of Rep) is put on hold for now due to this shooting.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The point I was making from my earlier post was that regardless where the shooter or shooters got the idea from to do this criminal act, the PTB will use it via the media to push their agenda. The American people have been getting pushed pretty hard the past months with egregious violations of their civil rights. The news is always on about the "dream act", and other issues that are pushing the buttons of fed up Americans who are watching their jobs go away and their homes be foreclosed. It's a recipe for someone to do something stupid like this (planned or unplanned by the ptb).

Remember as Raum Emmanuel said, "Never let a good crisis go to waste". Problem, crisis, solution is the name of the game. Yes, let's get them pointing fingers at one another (Conservatives, Democrats, Christians, Gays, Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Men, and Women). "Hey, Bob, did you make sure to get that legislation ready for when some good crisis comes up and while they are all arguing and pointing fingers we can pass it and they won't notice?"

Yes, make us angry, scared, enraged and use that to your advantage. That is the name of the game no matter if you want to hear it or not. NOTHING happens politically by accident, and while individuals may be smart, people are stupid.
edit on 8-1-2011 by Serenity08 because: screwed up Emmanuel's name

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Killers YOUTUBE Page:

www.youtube.com.../u/2/PnNx0WThoF0

Creepy.....

CHECK OUT his info. It talks in past tense.. like he was planning on getting shot and killed. Suicide mission.

Btw, they made sure to point out that he was WHITE over and over and over?... anyone else notice?

Why do I get the feeling that more and more people think they can change America by watching some youtube videos and killing some people? Anyone noticing this emerging thread? I think we are on the path of arrogance. Time to pack my bags...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It does seem like many of these young whack shooters have been rejected by the military. Or maybe they weren’t really rejected....

12-6-89 Ecole Poytechnique, Marc Lepine, 25
Luc Riopel, the Laval landlord, said that when Lépine moved out, he had said that he was going off to join the army.
—1981 Marc Lepine applies to the Canadian Army, but is rejected as “unsuitable.”

4-20-99 Columbine
Eric Harris, 18, had contact with a marine recruiter

8-30-06 Orange HS, Hillsborough NC Alvaro Rafael Castillo, 19
The North Carolina National Guard said Thursday that Castillo entered the Guard in 2004 as a cook and completed Basic Combat Training in August 2005. Prior to his Advanced Individual Training ship date in May of 2006, he was determined to be medically disqualified for military service.

9-13-06 Dawson College, Montreal, Kimveer Gill, 25
Gill did basic training at the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School in Saint-Jean, Que., for a month in 1999 The spokesman said he did not know the circumstances of Mr. Gill’s premature departure.
—Friends said that, even in high school, Mr. Gill spoke of joining the Armed Forces

12-12-06 Springfield Township HS, PA Shane Halligan, 16
He had planned to attend a National Guard boot camp in the summer, between his junior and senior years(preparatory to joining the NG upon graduation).

4-16-07 Virginia Tech, Cho Seung Hui, 23
“My dad told me today that on MSNBC, between the time they identified Cho by name and the time they got the package, they said he was an ex-Marine, ex-Navy. Dad said they never mentioned it again...”
There was a photo seend on the net not long after the shooting of a guy who loked like a masked Cho in a US Marine cami uniform.

12-4-07 Omaha/Westroads Mall, Robert Hawkins, 21
Sources also tells Action 3 News that Hawkins recently tried to get into the Army but was not allowed to join. 

12-9-07 YWAM/New Life Church Matthew Murray, 24
“Murray recently talked to an army recruiter about enlisting in the army reserves. The family did not know what happened with that.”
“Steve states Matthew told him he was trying to get into the army.”

2-14-08 Northern Illinois University, Steven Kazmierczak, 27
In September, 2001, Kazmierczak joined the army. Six months later he was issued an administrative discharge, before he completed basic training, though the exact reasons were not revealed.

9-23-08 Kauhajoki School of Hospitality Matti Juhani Saari, 22
He entered the Finnish Defence Forces as a conscript in July 2006... Saari did not complete his military service. The FDF have not divulged details of why Saari’s military service was terminated.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
There is a name for these types of whack shooters:

"I think this is the Columbine client, (defense attorney)Staurset said. "I think his background is exactly like all the high school shooters."
--on Tacoma Mall Shooter Dominick Sergio Maldonado, 20 (on 11-20-05)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Serenity08

How are they using the media to push an agenda? They arent telling the media anything, which is obvious by the amount of misinformation being reported. They are looking for a possible 2nd suspect, but refuse to provide any more info about that person to the media.

The press conference held by the Sherrif raised more questions than answers. If they are trying to use the media to push an agenda, what is that agenda?

People trying to find an untamed ornithoid? (wild goose chase).

@ starviego - Being rejected by the military is actually interesting, especially the Army. All of the military branches have changed recruiting requirements in an effort to expand the field of recruits. Being rejected, and this is my guess based on media reports, is its either because of drug abuse or a psychiatric / mental issue. The guy looks healthy and fit so I doubt it was that.

Also, the wepaon was confirmed - Glock 19 (9mm) with a high capacity magazine (15 rounds in magazine - 16 rounds if a round is chambered with full mag).
edit on 8-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
It does seem like many of these young whack shooters have been rejected by the military. Or maybe they weren’t really rejected....

12-6-89 Ecole Poytechnique, Marc Lepine, 25
Luc Riopel, the Laval landlord, said that when Lépine moved out, he had said that he was going off to join the army.
—1981 Marc Lepine applies to the Canadian Army, but is rejected as “unsuitable.”

4-20-99 Columbine
Eric Harris, 18, had contact with a marine recruiter

8-30-06 Orange HS, Hillsborough NC Alvaro Rafael Castillo, 19
The North Carolina National Guard said Thursday that Castillo entered the Guard in 2004 as a cook and completed Basic Combat Training in August 2005. Prior to his Advanced Individual Training ship date in May of 2006, he was determined to be medically disqualified for military service.

9-13-06 Dawson College, Montreal, Kimveer Gill, 25
Gill did basic training at the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School in Saint-Jean, Que., for a month in 1999 The spokesman said he did not know the circumstances of Mr. Gill’s premature departure.
—Friends said that, even in high school, Mr. Gill spoke of joining the Armed Forces

12-12-06 Springfield Township HS, PA Shane Halligan, 16
He had planned to attend a National Guard boot camp in the summer, between his junior and senior years(preparatory to joining the NG upon graduation).

4-16-07 Virginia Tech, Cho Seung Hui, 23
“My dad told me today that on MSNBC, between the time they identified Cho by name and the time they got the package, they said he was an ex-Marine, ex-Navy. Dad said they never mentioned it again...”
There was a photo seend on the net not long after the shooting of a guy who loked like a masked Cho in a US Marine cami uniform.

12-4-07 Omaha/Westroads Mall, Robert Hawkins, 21
Sources also tells Action 3 News that Hawkins recently tried to get into the Army but was not allowed to join. 

12-9-07 YWAM/New Life Church Matthew Murray, 24
“Murray recently talked to an army recruiter about enlisting in the army reserves. The family did not know what happened with that.”
“Steve states Matthew told him he was trying to get into the army.”

2-14-08 Northern Illinois University, Steven Kazmierczak, 27
In September, 2001, Kazmierczak joined the army. Six months later he was issued an administrative discharge, before he completed basic training, though the exact reasons were not revealed.

9-23-08 Kauhajoki School of Hospitality Matti Juhani Saari, 22
He entered the Finnish Defence Forces as a conscript in July 2006... Saari did not complete his military service. The FDF have not divulged details of why Saari’s military service was terminated.

Exactly. With the military as a "last resort", might be expected they'd succumb to suicide/mass murder. Kill some foreigners to blow off steam? No. "Fine, I'll just go kill some Americans."

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

How are they using the media to push an agenda? They arent telling the media anything, which is obvious by the amount of misinformation being reported. They are looking for a possible 2nd suspect, but refuse to provide any more info about that person to the media.

The press conference held by the Sherrif raised more questions than answers. If they are trying to use the media to push an agenda, what is that agenda?

People trying to find an untamed ornithoid? (wild goose chase).

@ starviego - Being rejected by the military is actually interesting, especially the Army. All of the military branches have changed recruiting requirements in an effort to expand the field of recruits. Being rejected, and this is my guess based on media reports, is its either because of drug abuse or a psychiatric / mental issue. The guy looks healthy and fit so I doubt it was that.

Also, the wepaon was confirmed - Glock 19 (9mm) with a high capacity magazine (15 rounds in magazine - 16 rounds if a round is chambered with full mag).
edit on 8-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

If I have to explain media propaganda to you, then you just don't get it. Anytime there is a crisis, the networks will push a position. They will try to sway the public's ideas and inform them of what they need to know whether it's the truth or not. We already have the tea party and Palin being blamed for this idiots acts. The spin is just starting, but give it a few days and you will see a definite agenda.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Apparently all the anti Democrat/progressive ranting of Beck, Rush, Sean, Savage, Levin, Ingraham, Medved, Mancow, ORilley, and Hal Turner. are beginning to bear fruit.

It was only a matter of time.

God help us...
edit on 8-1-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
yeah..the massachusettes supreme court invalidated 10's of millions of foreclosures the other day(well, that will be the result) money.cnn.com... ..so what happens every time TPTB needs a distraction? a shooting, a "terrorist" attack, something...this isn't mexican drug cartel, or anything else than another staged incident by our own. #ing. government.

these assholes are at war with us.
edit on 8-1-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

From various articles I've read today, the alleged shooter is mentally unstable and "far left".

Half right anyway. Definitely mentally unstable, but "far left"?, hardly.

He is anti-Government, and is obsessed with the supposed illegality of the currency system in the US and the necessity to return to the Gold/Silver standard. Such concerns are expressed by a variety of political ideologues, from extreme conspiracy theorists to traditional libertarians and has lately been taken up by some within the tea party.

Definitely not "far left", though the RWNJ media is slamming that POV as hard as they can to try and limit the blow back they so richly deserve.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Right.. I understand how media and propoganda work. In this case, the media knows nothing, and has reported nothing for a few hours now.

so again, what agenda is being pushed?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You do know that Rep Gifford used to be a Republican right.

You do know that that is a complete fabrication, right? She has been a Democrat her entire political life.

Please don't pull BS misinformation out of your poop tube and try and foist it on people as some kind of magical truth that has some bearing on the event.

The woman has been shot and is lying in a hospital fighting for her life. She is smart, articulate, and well liked in her electorate by colleagues, adversaries, and voters of all 'wings' alike.

She does not deserve your lame attempts at character assassination or what ever it is that you are trying to imply by that lie.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Honestly, I cannot understand how many of you on here cannot see the connection to this sort or diabolical electioneering by Palin and the events that occurred.
Regardless of whether it was intended as a direct instruction by Palin,

(I do not think it was),

the unfortunate thing was that it could be interpreted by some less than sensible people to be exactly that.

Only time will tell if this had influenced the gunman or if he may just be a nut and it is all a sad coincidence.
Hopefully there are no others that were thinking of doing this sort of thing based on a misguided notion that a person in political power is instructing people to assassinate others that oppose your view.

Sometimes we do things that we later regret. I am sure that foolish poster of states with crosshairs in them and the rhetoric such as "Don't retreat, Instead reload", "We’ll aim for these...", "This is just the first salvo..." and other such euphemisms will haunt her for a long time. The fact that she has removed the offending page from her Facebook site is proof of this.

Politicians make some seriously stupid judgements sometimes, this appears to be one of them.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks

Apparently he was an ATS member as well:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are we all now suspects of some sort? Subject to the scrutiny of the Feds and being profiled as we speak, our IP addresses traced, and those with strange writings and dissenting views flagged as "potential dangers"?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join