It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona

www.huffingtonpost.com

1:42 PM ET More On Giffords

Rep. Giffords, an Arizona Democrat, was first elected to the House in 2006. She represents the state's 8th Congressional District.
1:40 PM ET 'Firing Indiscriminately'

According to MSNBC, the shooter ran into a "crowded area" and began "firing indiscriminately."
1:37 PM ET Shooter Reportedly In Custody

More from NPR:

Giffords was talking to a couple when the suspect ran up firing indiscriminately and then ran off, Michaels said. According to other witnesses
(visit the link for the full news article)

UPDATED news of her death
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on Sat Jan 8 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I just saw this on breaking news. There isn't much more to add at this time. I don't know if this was politically motivated...I certainly hope not. If it is, then the state of our nation has just taken another turn for the worse. This and the incendiary packages being mailed to government officials. This is just insane. It accomplishes nothing.

Now, I will report suspicious activity.

I will post more as it becomes available.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is posted like 3 times already

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalthinking

Yet, I did a search before I posted and it came back with zero results.

Mods please delete.

EDIT: Scratch that. Do not delete. The other 2 threads are in US Political madness and Other current events. Unless the rules have changed, it is allowable to have multiple threads on the same topic, so long as they are in different forums and reference different OP article sources.

edit on 8-1-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Dont delete this is on breaking news . let me be the first to say Mexican drug cartel?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

At least 12 people were shot at a Tuscon grocery store on Saturday, and U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was among them, a Democratic party source told CNN.

Giffords was holding a constituent meeting at the grocery store when the shooting occurred, according to a schedule posted on her website.

Neither Giffords' condition nor that of any of the other wounded was immediately available. The Democratic source described the situation as "pretty serious."

12 people wounded. For what? a political ideology?

Giffords, a Democrat, was first elected in 2006. She has served as chairwoman of the House Space and Aeronautics Subcommittee and also holds seats on the House Science and Technology and Armed Services committees.

www.cnn.com...

Hmmm, I wonder if this is some nut that is upset over their delusional belief that scientists are colluding with the government to hide information (i.e., bird deaths, space program, aliens, etc.).

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is what happens when you piss off the illegal immigrants and drug cartels so close to the Mexico border. Especially when border security and immigration reforms are being planned and discussed.

Maybe the Obama administration will now consider a proposal to cede all of the Tucson area to the Mexican cartels and send all of the US border personnel to Afghanistan to help the Afghans better secure their border with Pakistan?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
This is what happens when you piss off the illegal immigrants and drug cartels so close to the Mexico border. Especially when border security and immigration reforms are being planned and discussed.

Maybe the Obama administration will now consider a proposal to cede all of the Tucson area to the Mexican cartels and send all of the US border personnel to Afghanistan to help the Afghans better secure their border with Pakistan?

Do we know that the shooter was in a drug cartel or an illegal immigrant? I haven't heard that yet. Also, why attack a Democrat? They are friendlier to the illegals that the Republicans are.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So sad....she has died along with 6 others:

www.npr.org...

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and six others died after a gunman opened fire at a public event on Saturday, the Pima County, Ariz., sheriff's office confirms. The 40-year-old Democrat was outside a Tucson grocery store when a gunman ran up and began firing indiscriminately. The suspect was taken into police custody.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This whole story already stinks...Where was the US secret service? This was a planned event.

All the news sites that allow users to comment on the story are filled with "teabagger" comments and "faux news" Which i find fanatical and in poor taste.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
breaking news here too.

www.bbc.co.uk...

They say 1 in custody.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
She has now died.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

www.npr.org...

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot And Killed

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords died after being shot in the head at a public event on Saturday, Pima County, Ariz., sheriff's office confirms.

The suspect ran off and was tackled by a bystander. He was taken into custody. Witnesses described him as in his late teens or early 20s.

It would seem to me that someone had a 'point to prove' today ... perhaps they'll actually get 'that point' somewhere down the road, maybe even from the end of a needle... or does Arizona still have the firing squad?

may she rest in peace.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Do we know that the shooter was in a drug cartel or an illegal immigrant? I haven't heard that yet. Also, why attack a Democrat? They are friendlier to the illegals that the Republicans are.

She is more of a friend to immigrants than an enemy, but still an open high profile target apparently shot near a violent border area with Mexico.

No one knows who, why or anything yet.

I doubt the shooting was coincidental... But then again, it could have been just that, and maybe the Pope is actually a Jew as well?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Everyone google that "SarahPAC" picture with the targets all over it.

Now, consider this. Should we encourage this type of mentality? Should we support individuals using weapons like children when they don't get their way?
Should we allow political figures to encourage this?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Fox has confirmed she has died at the Hospital. Reports are ranging from another 3-6+ people were killed as well but not confirmed.

Looks like the confirmed number of people who hbave ben shot is at 12, with one confirmed fatality - The Congresswoman.

ADD - Hospital is now confirming multiple fatalities.

edit on 8-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

7 others confirmed dead along with the Congresswoman, Sky news.

It's just on the news, I'm sure it'll be confirmed online soon.

6 confirmed dead

www.kvoa.com...
edit on 8/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
A Congresswoman has security for these types of events, and resons. I smell fish. Here come the gun restrictions.

link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Local source reports she was shot point blank in the head. tucsoncitizen.com...

It was a scheduled event, announced to the public... This was absolutely an execution, most likely planned.. The ultimate objective of these kind of executions just across the border from Tucson is to cause government officials etc to live in fear, and ultimately to do as ordered by the cartels.

If that is what this was, will these tactics work on the US side of the border now?

link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by logicalthinking

Yet, I did a search before I posted and it came back with zero results.

Mods please delete.

EDIT: Scratch that. Do not delete. The other 2 threads are in US Political madness and Other current events. Unless the rules have changed, it is allowable to have multiple threads on the same topic, so long as they are in different forums and reference different OP article sources.

Yes, I did a search before posting and it showed zero results. My thread was deleted without warning. I wish they'd fix their search engine if they're going to penalize people like that. That's one reason I'm scared to post anything on here anymore.

I think in my OP I wondered how this would affect the illegal alien invasion controversy out in Arizona. They have passed the strongest state laws thus far. The congresswoman killed was opposed to the invasion and wanted laws enforced. Perhaps the gunman wanted to influence the momentum going on in that state.

Any word on who the gunman is yet? Does Arizona have the death penalty?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join