It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamification of Britain: record numbers embrace Muslim faith

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Ignorance is alive and well on ATS. Any reference to denying ignorance has been vastly overrated.

I have American citizenship British and also 1 other South American one.

Fact American come over here and are amazed at how cosmopolitan the UK cities are. Not only that the level of interracial friendships are also a source of amazement. Unfortunately whereas America is the number one superpower ( for how long I ask) many American judge the world the very narrow glasses (which were NOT made in America) based on small town America. “Small town America” is a state of mind as opposed to a geographical concept.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Solomons

It entirely depends on what area of the country you're in. In the south west, for example, many down there still do the whole Church thing but they are mainly methodist, rather than Anglican. I have family down that way and even the younger ones still do it. One of the Anglican churches round the corner from my house has a reasonable congregation that is mixed in ages, without nary a Pole in sight. The same goes for the Church in my dads village.

That said, you're right in so far as saying many will describe themselves as Christian if not actually practicing, but that is very much the situation with Jewish people as well, many have secularised and only do the religious thing around holidays (like most of us "christians") or special occasions, like weddings.

I myself have never been christined or baptised, so I have never described myself as a Christian, but I know plenty who do, even though the last time they saw the inside of a Church may have been years ago.

Also, when people claim "islamification" it is useful to put it into context and realise the UK is diverse. In the towns it may seem like the white man is being made extinct and muslims are "taking over", but that's because the towns are crappy places to live so the poor, immigrants and young professionals tend to reside there. Go to a rural area and you'd be lucky to see a black man, let alone an Asian.

That's another thing actually. Alot of non-believers baptise their children. I and most my friends were baptised, despite our parents and, to a large extent our families, having no religious beliefs. Christian or otherwise.

It's done for cultural and historical purposes. And an excuse for a knees up for the adults I guess

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
I haven't got time to read every reply but it's ironic that this site's slogan i 'Deny Ignorance' Ha! This place is full fo some of the most ignorant closed minded people on the planet.

The people who live in isolation thinking that muslims are going to take over the UK or the world need a reality check and certainly need to get out more. I also live in the Midlands of England (i noticed another poster does) and live in an area with Muslims, Seikhs, Hindu's, Jews, Christians (orthadox, catholic, protestant), Buddhists etc and most live in perfect harmony. Yes there is crime but it stems from all religions and cultures. Infact, guess who is fighting, stabbing, robbing and raping etc in the most cases... yep it's the white british with a massive ego and everything to prove. Council estate trash that think they have to ride around the estate on quads and mopeds through the night, put their neighbours windows through because they parked outside their house and generally give Brits a bad reputation.

Please open your eyes and jump into the real world. Your beloved America has plenty of it's own problems (you know who I'm speaking to) so don;t worry about us... we're doin' just fine (apart from our messed up pansy party government).

Interesting you mention crime. One of the problems with the view that Muslims or Pakistanis, or any non-'native' group commits more crime, is that no acknowledgement is given to the fact most these ethnic groups live largely in working class, poverty riden areas.

If you happen to look at the crime rate for white people living in poverty, and I have, because I long had this suspicion, you find crime rates are just as high as any other group living in poverty. The difference is the white community has a growing middle class and the upperclass which brings down the crime rate to paint a more pleasant picture.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join