It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamification of Britain: record numbers embrace Muslim faith

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by ridcully

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
Do they even have Christians in Britain anymore?

I know they have some old churches but I thought they were all converted to mosques a long time ago.

I expect the royals and peers and whatnot to flee for the US at some point leaving the peasants to fend off the invading hordes with umbrellas and fish sticks!

The muslims will take the island. There is no doubt about that any more.

Oh dear
I spent some time away from ATS but when I come back I find that the usual FOX news idiots are still in full effect. Thankfully Stu is still here and I wonder how he has managed to stay sane! Won't say anything else because mike, your not even worth entering into a debate with! I'll grab myself a teabag and make a brew. OOH does that make me a Teabagger?

[dontfeedthetroll.jpg]

Oh so i assume you don't believe Islamification is real? its been happening islam doesn't have to conquer the world through war you know that? they can conquer it through peacefully means.

I am sad to hear that Britain is embracing an religion that shows no intolerance towards others.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Do you know what? Britain doesn't need bigoted, ignorant, close minded people to be "sad" for it. I know a few muslims in our Armed Forces, who are just as loyal and just as brave as any other soldier. There is a small minority who are intolerant, and even then they are social outcasts in their communities.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudtobeEnglish

I know they have some old churches but I thought they were all converted to mosques a long time ago.

I expect the royals and peers and whatnot to flee for the US at some point leaving the peasants to fend off the invading hordes with umbrellas and fish sticks!

Oh dear
I spent some time away from ATS but when I come back I find that the usual FOX news idiots are still in full effect. Thankfully Stu is still here and I wonder how he has managed to stay sane! Won't say anything else because mike, your not even worth entering into a debate with! I'll grab myself a teabag and make a brew. OOH does that make me a Teabagger?

[dontfeedthetroll.jpg]

Oh so i assume you don't believe Islamification is real? its been happening islam doesn't have to conquer the world through war you know that? they can conquer it through peacefully means.

I am sad to hear that Britain is embracing an religion that shows no intolerance towards others.

Do you know what? Britain doesn't need bigoted, ignorant, close minded people to be "sad" for it. I know a few muslims in our Armed Forces, who are just as loyal and just as brave as any other soldier. There is a small minority who are intolerant, and even then they are social outcasts in their communities.

Britain doesn't need bigoted, ignorant, close minded people to be "sad" for it.

I am not close minded i have been through alot in my life lately in the past i should feel sad for eupore case its turning into an Islamic place, i don't remember my old eupore anymore.

I know a few muslims in our Armed Forces, who are just as loyal and just as brave as any other soldier.

listen when you join the army or anyone joins its neutral to be loyal and just as brave as any other soldier, you cant say in front of everyone something like that your religion is taking over the global right? otherwise you will be sent to jail.

There is a small minority who are intolerant, and even then they are social outcasts in their communities

I think you are referring to those as ex-Islam i believe? since you added

even then they are social outcasts in their communities

But honestly a minority that shows or are intolerant towards doesn't exist in Islamic Countries Nor in Bosnia in Bosnia there are 50% or Muslims, Serbs did not start the war in bosnia by shooting the first bullet.

don't let me talk about bosnia i will make a thread about the Balkans issue one of these days, i wanted to make a thread about the issue in the holidays but i stopped for other reasons of course.

As for the minor minority they don't exist sure i believe there are some who show goodness in the world but my friend Islam isn't an religion, its more of an ideology then anything else.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Yes, but im guessing unlike say America, many people in the UK say they are Christian out of habit in surveys...they don't really care about religion or have the foggiest idea about the bible etc....if pressed im sure you will find they don't really believe it all

edit on 9-1-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You are a sad, ignorant, hate filled little man. Here's an idea, if you can, heave yourself up out of the armchair and away from Glenn Beck or Anne Coulter, and go and talk to some muslims. You will find that they are as proud and decent as you. Until then be quiet, you are embarrassing yourself and your country.

I am not close minded i have been through alot in my life lately in the past i should feel sad for eupore case its turning into an Islamic place, i don't remember my old eupore anymore.

I have no idea where "eupore" is. Maybe it's a city in India. If, as I suspect, you are trying (and failing) to refer to Europe, then forget it. Europe does not need your hate filled ignorance, and with those attitudes, you will never be welcome on our continent and in our countries. Stick to the deep south, it's easier for you to understand.

listen when you join the army or anyone joins its neutral to be loyal and just as brave as any other soldier, you cant say in front of everyone something like that your religion is taking over the global right? otherwise you will be sent to jail.

What in the hell are you talking about? You are the most incomprehensible person I have ever met, I can't even begin to decipher what point you are trying to make.

edit on 9-1-2011 by ProudtobeEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

There are 42 Million out of 60 million people that identify themselves as Christians in the UK and around 1 in 10 of them regulary attend Church. We also have hundreds, if not thousands, of churches, most of which are still used as such. In the town where I live we have 3 Churches, all still functioning and all within a mile of each other.

To be honest, you'r post smacks of an opinion, based on limited knowledge, wrapped up as a statement of fact. We're not about to be swamped by Muslims and the number of people converting to Islam is still tiny. 90% of the 60+ million people in the UK define themselves as White British, with the vast majority of them describing themselves as either Christian or atheist. Adding up the figures, 71% claim to be christian and 15% claim to be atheist, that doesn't leave much room for the rest of them.

Most who identify as Christian do so from a cultural stand point to.

The only Christians I know are all Polish. And most Churches in the area are empty, with the exception of pensioners and the Polish.

It makes me laugh when people wheel out this Islamic threat. The Agnostic majority grows every day. There's no threat of people converting to Islam. The numbers as pointed out, are laughable

Alot of young Asian kids are abandoning Islam too. That's something you don't hear about much. The 3rd generation Asians are now largely westernised, for all intensive purposes.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Islamification? Oh stop please your killing me! Have you ever been to the UK? Truth is, and I live in the Midlands (one of the highest density populations in England), I only ever come across Muslims when I get a taxi. And almost without exception, they're kind, decent and most often, damn funny men! Religion is a stupid business whatever paper you wrap it in. Yes, there are bad eggs out there, same as Christians, Hindu's, Jews whatever. Just like your a bad egg, who would rather spout nonsense on the net rather than get out of your mom's basement and actually go out and maybe, just maybe, start a dialogue face to face with the people you spout bile about. Get a life you loser

edit on 9-1-2011 by ridcully because: edited for spelling

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Islamification? Oh stop please your killing me! Have you ever been to the UK?

edit on 9-1-2011 by ridcully because: edited for spelling

And that my friend is the massive problem with my fellow Americans. They do not travel but when they do look out! Here is a perplexing event. My American friends were in London and went to three catles in one day. How did they do that? Also why??

5 years on I still can't get it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

i have a friend who was troubled and quite in disarray. he became quite ill and struggled with the day to day grind. he converted to islam much to the horror of his parents at the time. i spoke to his elders and calmed their fears over his decision. he is now at peace with his life and choice and doing well.
i feel when people struggle with identity they are in need of a grounding to hold onto.
in no way shape or form does he have or had a mean bone in him. i remember climbing with him many years ago. we were resting on a ledge and a butterfly landed on his shoulder. he gently ushered it into his hand and held it like he had found the most precious thing ever. i will say he never stopped smiling for a week!
f

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
It woul dbe very interesting to ascertain how many Moslems actually cease practising. I know of at least one staunch moslem who renounce Islam when he married his Xtian wife. Ahhh the power of a skirt and nice legs (lol).

Female, because they've fallen for an Islamic guy (nothing wrong with that) and convert to please the family so they can marry.

I've seen many white Islamic converts in my home town and the bulk of them seem to be female. That said, I'm not sure how to spot a male muslim, apart from the beard, but then I sport one too and I bow down to no God.

Technically, women don't have to convert to Islam if they wish to marry a muslim guy. Men would have to convert to Islam, but not women. But you may well be correct in that the majority are women converts. The same trend is at least present in the US. BTW, how were you able to tell that they were converts and not muslims originating from some other country if they had their face hidden? Just curious

Still, niqab/burqa isn't really the best way to tell if a person is muslim. It isn't really required by the religion- while they are required to "dress modestly". Many muslim women I know don't wear that, or even the hijab, except when praying.

Anyhow, just like with christians, if you ask the person, they'd say their christian, and they may even devoutly go to church and all that, but they'd still be doing non-christian things (like pre-marital sex)..so there are different levels of muslims as well. I know some who say they are muslim, but they drink alcohol, I know many who don't pray at all except for on the friday congregation or on special holidays, I know some who eat pork and other unallowed stuff simply because it is more convenient, but they'd still say they are muslims.
edit on 9-1-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The religions are not fundamentally the same though. One preaches that Jesus died on the cross, the other preaches some doppelganger did. If that point is essential to understand for salvation, then it's a very dangerous ploy indeed. In the end it can only be one religion that speaks the truth and one that has been deceived by lying spirits.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
In the end it can only be one religion that speaks the truth and one that has been deceived by lying spirits.

Yes but which one? IMHO it doesn't actually matter in terms of the physical manifestation of Islamic policies in the UK. This OP is more about a possible changing society than theology. It is a question of numbers of converts.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'm personally concerned about how the good book mentions beheaded martyrs. Did they behead in Roman times or is it the religion which teaches about beheading that could be interpreted as fulfilling prophecy?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Hehehe Let those who follow the good book(s) study the good book. I support no good book as they were all written by Man. They are therefore flawed. They are also prone to endless interpretations. Both Islam and Xtianity have an high number of subcults therein. I think Xtianity has even more cults. Islam has about 100 max but I may be mistaken.
edit on 9-1-2011 by tiger5 because: Add a phrase

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

i beg to differ on your last statement. after studying all the religions on this good earth i came to the conclusion many years ago that all religions have a thread of truth in them. i still stand by that conclusion.
f

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

It entirely depends on what area of the country you're in. In the south west, for example, many down there still do the whole Church thing but they are mainly methodist, rather than Anglican. I have family down that way and even the younger ones still do it. One of the Anglican churches round the corner from my house has a reasonable congregation that is mixed in ages, without nary a Pole in sight. The same goes for the Church in my dads village.

That said, you're right in so far as saying many will describe themselves as Christian if not actually practicing, but that is very much the situation with Jewish people as well, many have secularised and only do the religious thing around holidays (like most of us "christians") or special occasions, like weddings.

I myself have never been christined or baptised, so I have never described myself as a Christian, but I know plenty who do, even though the last time they saw the inside of a Church may have been years ago.

Also, when people claim "islamification" it is useful to put it into context and realise the UK is diverse. In the towns it may seem like the white man is being made extinct and muslims are "taking over", but that's because the towns are crappy places to live so the poor, immigrants and young professionals tend to reside there. Go to a rural area and you'd be lucky to see a black man, let alone an Asian.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
The same trend is at least present in the US. BTW, how were you able to tell that they were converts and not muslims originating from some other country if they had their face hidden? Just curious

Aha! Niqabs and head coverings leave the face uncovered, if in a Burkha, you can still see their eys and hands. Unless there were alot of Pakistani Albino's where I lived, it seemed reasonable to assume that the english-sounding, white female was in fact an english white female.

Originally posted by babloyi
Still, niqab/burqa isn't really the best way to tell if a person is muslim. It isn't really required by the religion- while they are required to "dress modestly". Many muslim women I know don't wear that, or even the hijab, except when praying.

Indeed and I have tyouched on that in previous threads when such a discussion comes up about banning them. There is no requirement to wear them and men are also supposed to dress modestly exactly like the women. They don't though, of course.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Oh dear

[dontfeedthetroll.jpg]

My position is the same, sad, and a bit angry, most of the people that embrace Islam have little clue what they are actually embracing. Do they realise that Sharia law is a fundamental part of the religion. Probably not!
My guess is most of the converts are "do gooder" lefties that think in terms of peace by capitulation.
Britain will become a muslim state over my dead body.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Oh dear

[dontfeedthetroll.jpg]

My position is the same, sad, and a bit angry, most of the people that embrace Islam have little clue what they are actually embracing. Do they realise that Sharia law is a fundamental part of the religion. Probably not!
My guess is most of the converts are "do gooder" lefties that think in terms of peace by capitulation.
Britain will become a muslim state over my dead body.

Britain wont become a muslim state...ever. Unless you can offer come sort of explanation based on common sense as to how 58,000,000 all decide to convert to islam.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So guys what about the brouahaha about Keighley?? Doe sit need a new thread??? I think it is sadly part of the human condition. The whore?maddona complex no doubt>

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Aha! Niqabs and head coverings leave the face uncovered...

Actually, the niqab doesn't really leave the face uncovered...just a bit of the eyes and the area around it. I suppose it may be considered enough to judge fairness, but once again, skin colour isn't really enough to know where a person is from.

Since you specifically mentioned Pakistani, I think you'd be surprised as to the range of people in Pakistan:
Hunza people
From Peshawar
Again from Peshawar
One of the Sheedhi people of Pakistan
That is, of course, not counting the fact that they could be from any of other several countries where fair-skinned muslims are certainly not uncommon

Ahrrmmm...now that I am done with that digression
, I don't know what you said or didn't say about banning burqas and such, but my personal opinion is, as long as the person is not being FORCED to wear it, it should be their own free choice whether or not they want to wear it or not....more about freedom of expression rather than any sort of religious requirement.... so banning it would be a bit silly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join