It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Bet that 9 year old would have been a really good shot.

No - 9 is too young to legally carry a gun.

But there is no age on marksmanship.

That is just insane. Does that mean 9 year olds are not allowed to defend themselves in AZ? If only the adults there could have been carrying. Oh, yeah. I think this is going to be a pretty sad case for guns rights on either side. I do not think it helps or hurts either argument, only gives some an opportunity to try and have it, yet again.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Sinnthia

It is just frustrating to me that everyone there COULD have had a gun, but didn't. If everyone did have a gun, the dude would have been swiss cheese before he could get off 18 shots.
edit on Sun, 09 Jan 2011 15:35:59 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Like I said, your solution is to force gun ownership. I do not agree with that solution unless there is a mandatory marksmanship test and anyone failing should be sent off to a non-carry state.

link   
People get confused about the 2nd amendment. The right to bear arms.

What it really means is:

We are a government of the people. We have the right to bear arms against anyone trying to take over the government. Including the government itself.

Its really very basic.

link   
I read all of the 130 posts erad3 made. It appears to be the same person, and to boot ats banned the erad3 account after the link was made public via threads here on the site.

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Xadaz

I still don't see it. There's nothing concrete here that convinces me this is the same person. Has anyone made a list of why they think this is him on ATS (maybe there's a thread?)

A few of the same phrases and acronyms just aren't cutting it with me. Sorry to be dense. Maybe I've missed something, but nothing I've read either in this thread or at that link you post is glaringly obvious.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The issue I see with this is if everyone pulled out a gun and fired at the guy some of the bullets would likely miss the guy and perhaps hit innocent bystanders.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

They still exist in the really country areas, we take care of each other. I suppose it is just because it is smaller communities, where everyone knows everyone.

I moved out of the Boston area to a 100Ac farm in the south 15 years ago - much better but still not as nice.

We now have a much more mobile and less stable society. Very few stay at the same company for 30 to 45 years. Heck all but one of the companies I worked for are gone and that included some real biggies!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

No you are putting words in my mouth, or reading too much into it. I am wishing that more people used the right, plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by crocus
Gabrielle Giffords warns Sarah Palin there will be consequences.

Okay...now that's spooky. Nice find.

link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It is just frustrating to me that everyone there COULD have had a gun, but didn't.

With a paranoid government I wouldn't carry when in the presence of a Congressman and Judge. It is just asking for trouble.

link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Even the youth here seems corrupted. Most people here used to go work at one of the factories, most kids these days want nothing to do with that. I can't really blame them, but it will probably kill this area, the government is already shipping people from haiti and jamaica here every year to try to keep the town alive.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Like I said, your solution is to force gun ownership. I do not agree with that solution unless there is a mandatory marksmanship test and anyone failing should be sent off to a non-carry state.

Actually Switzerland HAS that law and it works out quite well. That is why Hitler decided to by-pass Switzerland.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Please read before this is deleted
www.dailykos.com...!-And-is-now-DEAD-to-me

It's been deleted. Why not post it? You did 'save page as...' right?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

Actually Switzerland HAS that law and it works out quite well. That is why Hitler decided to by-pass Switzerland.

Compulsory military service for Males.

The gun goes home and stays with the soldier - - even after service?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SirTFiedSkeptic

I posted it here: www.abovetopsecret.com... yesterday.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15

Originally posted by CyberSEAL

Originally posted by Ellen15

Originally posted by CyberSEAL
Because he's certifiably nuts...

Certified Nuts are Liberals?

Can you find a medical report to verify this claim...Thanks

Are you bothering to read anything before you hit "reply"? I never said that. I'll try to explain more slowly.

This person is insane (the shooter); possibly schizophrenic. He has long considered himself a DEMOCRAT according to friends who have known him for years.

His mental incompetence negates the validity of any political party affiliation he claims. It would not matter if this person said he was a liberal, conservative or a member of the Moonbat Party...his mind could not comprehend the ideals of any of them.

My original post in this thread was to educate the person who blurted out the ignorant assumption that the shooter was "right-wing". Once you begin to understand mental illness, you'll slowly realize none of this has anything to do with politics. The shooter was nuts...period.

I agree with one thing you said - 'none of this has anything to do with politics. The shooter was nuts'

HOWEVER,

My question was pointed more at ATS Members who claimed he was a liberal while grabbing quotes from newspaper clippings quoting people who vagely knew him (gasping for their 15 seconds of fame) as confirmation that it IS liberals who are the shooters/assassins

Disclaimer: I admit i havent as yet bothered to look at the youtubes by this person or past activity on ATS Forum

This woman was a Democrat!

Why would a Liberal shoot a Democrat?

You replied: "Because he's certifiably nuts... "

In essence, in that one reply you didnt help -. the particular mindset posting in this thread who believe Liberals are nuts and/or extremists would have taken it onboard as further confirmation: - Liberals ARE certifiably nuts, Liberals are shooters and assassins

Following me here? lol

none of this has anything to do with politics. The shooter was nuts

Ok. Sorry if either of you alrready got this (I confess to not reading EVERY page between this post and the last) but she was considered a "Blue Dog" Democrat. So, it's not too far fetched that an extremist on the left would be unhappy with her. Extremists on both ends of the spectrum cause no end of troubles.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The gun goes home and stays with the soldier - - even after service?

Although there is more per capita firepower in Switzerland than any place in the world, it is one of the safest places to be.

...By car or by train, you see shooting ranges all over the country, but only a few golf courses. If there is a Schuetzenfest in town, you will find rifles slung on hat racks in restaurants, and you will encounter men and women, old and young, walking, biking, and taking the tram with rifles over the shoulder, to and from the range....

Besides the militia system requiring automatic rifles and/or semiautomatic pistols to be kept in the homes of all males aged 20 to 42, firearms are readily available for purchase in gun shops. Yet firearms are rarely used in violent crime. Notes Clinard, "These facts contrast strikingly with the belief that a low criminal homicide rate is due to strict firearms regulations." Homicide is tied to a willingness to resort to violence, not the mere presence of firearms. The prevalence of firearms in the home and the participation of youth in shooting matches bind youth to adults and precludes the creation of a generation gap....

What, asks the tourist brochure Zürich News, are the annual events that one must see in Switzerland's largest city? Under "Festivals and local customs" is the entry: "Knabenschiessen (boy's shooting contest), the oldest Zürich tradition, takes place on the second weekend in September. It consists of a shooting contest at the Albisgüetli [range] for 12 to 16 year-old boys/girls and a colorful three-day fun-fair." After that, the next big event is St. Nicholas Day in December.

The Neue Zürcher Zeitung devoted an entire page to the 1996 Knabenschiessen, noting that 3,667 teens had participated and announcing the shooting "king" and "queen." Large pictures of girls and boys with assault rifles and driving bumper cars (not at the same time!) laced the page. The event has been held since 1657.

I once attended a shooting match near Lucerne where the prizes--from rifles and silver cups to computers and bicycles--were on display at the local elementary school. You could see the children's art show while you were there.

www.stephenhalbrook.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice

Originally posted by Aeons
When you were a kid and it was simpler because people ignored things that were wrong and shouted down the victimized as being problem causers.

It was a better time....for those who are too weak for the truth.
edit on 2011/1/9 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

What the hell? Since when were people of older times completely retarded like you are suggesting? People way back when actually had brains as far as I'm concerned. Which is why crap like this almost never happened.

From your avatar and previous posts, I'm taking that you are a new age woman. You know, up on your high horse with the confidence of a coke head. How I feel sorry for you. One day you will realize your life has been a commie lie. Thanks for reading... Not really.

I'm a pinko commuist.

I've also seen and spoken to enough old women who shushed their girls and boys making a fuss for being beaten, raped, and abused because it wasn't nice.

People who defended the bad neighbour who was "just misunderstood" who raped their own children. While the whole town pretends nothing could be done about him, or the priest. Throwing their support behind the perps and the powerful, to maintain their fiction.

Your golden age never existed, and where it did it was built on the backs of the disliked, and the victimized. Apparently, they were every towns sacrifice for your "innocence."

Since I know that people like you would have gladly sacrificed a person like me on your altar of innocence, I haven't the loving loyalty to your fable.
edit on 2011/1/9 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot
Ok. Sorry if either of you alrready got this (I confess to not reading EVERY page between this post and the last) but she was considered a "Blue Dog" Democrat. So, it's not too far fetched that an extremist on the left would be unhappy with her. Extremists on both ends of the spectrum cause no end of troubles.

I think that may indeed have been at least part of the motivation. As I posted a page or two back, he had attended a political event for Giffords in 2007 and had received correspondence from her through the mail. Just based on that, I think its quite likely he was a past supporter of hers.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Here, here. I totally agree with everything you say. People who crave yesteryear are sadly deluded.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I'd be shocked if this guy passed the psychological test to get in to the military. I don't believe he was controlled except by his own delusional thoughts and that dangerous music he listened to.

What was so dangerous about the music? I liked it. Anyone know who created that music?

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join