It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

He wont be able to get the insanity plea. Why? Well it looks premeditated. I bet they are on his computer right now to see if he looked her up to see Gifford's schedule. He most likely found an opening... and well the end result is what we have been reading.

IMO I think he planned this in advance. It wasn't just a random act, the defense will have a hard time getting the insanity plea, and even if he does he will be in a mental institution until he is fit for trial. in other words he is not coming out anytime soon, except in a coffin after his execution. (IF Arizona has the death penalty.) or in one due to old age.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Another coincidence. The child's last name is Green.

The shooter made mention of a lime GREEN bird beak.

Christine, Christ, Dove, Bird.

Just saying.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Just heard on CNN that they are now talking to the other man they had been looking for, they found him. They said they did release a picture of him this morning (I didn't see it). Will be interesting to see what comes from this.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
this whole thing smells of bad herring

im starting to believe that something didnt go out as planned

zerbot565, you are on to something here. Something about this incident feels so familiar, so contrived, so evil. When "they" rationalize and justify that many sacrifices have to be made in order to replace popular political policies with unpopular political policies for the sake of our security seems very cold, calculating and inhuman. When I refer to sacrifices, I am not only referring to the citizens giving up many freedoms, but many lives may also have to be taken in order to further these policies. I know, it sounds morbid and incromprehensible, but it has happened thoughout history among many civilizations. Something for the brave mind to ponder.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by RSF77

He wont be able to get the insanity plea. Why? Well it looks premeditated. I bet they are on his computer right now to see if he looked her up to see Gifford's schedule. He most likely found an opening... and well the end result is what we have been reading.

IMO I think he planned this in advance. It wasn't just a random act, the defense will have a hard time getting the insanity plea, and even if he does he will be in a mental institution until he is fit for trial. in other words he is not coming out anytime soon, except in a coffin after his execution. (IF Arizona has the death penalty.) or in one due to old age.

Exactly, and AZ does have Capital Punishment.

From what I was reading on this (and I'm sure the videos will be leaked in one form or another), dude walked up behind her to within four (4) feet and took aim. Premeditation or not, the fact he nailed a judge and a "Faces of Hope" kid (born 9/11/01) pretty much means he won't be seeing daylight again.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

A wise man once said that those who sacrifice freedom in exchange for security deserve neither freedom or security.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
A Faces of Hope Kid, A Judge, and A Congresswoman with an Astronaut husband. What a successful and rich shooting our "lonUGHer" had.

No coincidence, these investigators NEED to be interrogating the social media staff, NOW. Could SOMEONE had tipped off Classitup to jusy=t WHO would be at the SAFE-WAY that fateful day?

A 'crazy loner", UGH.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

What I cant understand is that her official youtube account is subscribed to the shooter before the attack happened.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusionhunter

reply to post by RSF77

What I cant understand is that her official youtube account is subscribed to the shooter before the attack happened.

It was after the fact.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStormofWar

Originally posted by fusionhunter

reply to post by RSF77

It was after the fact.
Wasn't there caches showing the subscription around early December.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fusionhunter

Doesn't matter. All they need to do is check his browsing history on his computer. connect the dots from there... YT page or not. He didn't at random just notice her and the judge... he KNEW they were going to be there... why else would he have 2-3 mags on him?

Wreaks of premeditated murder...

But we have to wait for the evidence though... so all we can do is speculate.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I agree, on the news and on the internet everyone screams about insanity and that he is a nutjob, I disagree in that I think he has a clear motive and I am interested in what it is. When I look at pictures of him I don't see a mentally ill person, he is smart enough to shoot someone point blank. It worries me how much he just looks like a "good ol' boy", reminds me of an enlisted military member as well (by appearance).

Then again of course I may always be wrong in my speculation.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

But only 2 subscriptions? That is not very many for a public figure that just adds whoever adds them, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

When "they" rationalize and justify that many sacrifices have to be made in order to replace popular political policies with unpopular political policies for the sake of our security seems very cold, calculating and inhuman. When I refer to sacrifices, I am not only referring to the citizens giving up many freedoms, but many lives may also have to be taken in order to further these policies. I know, it sounds morbid and incromprehensible, but it has happened thoughout history among many civilizations. Something for the brave mind to ponder.

As a child I lived not far from Rockefeller's Westchester estate. Believe me these people DO NOT consider us "human" I spent a very lonely 5 years in that town because I was a "peon" and not one of "THEM" My neighbors called our street "Peasants Perch" for a very good reason.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Doesn't matter. All they need to do is check his browsing history on his computer. connect the dots from there... YT page or not. He didn't at random just notice her and the judge... he KNEW they were going to be there... why else would he have 2-3 mags on him?

Wreaks of premeditated murder...

But we have to wait for the evidence though... so all we can do is speculate.

I know he planned the attack sure it was mentioned on her Twitter account but I'm getting at is that someone on Giffords official youtube account subscribed to Classitup10 (The shooter) before the attacks. The browsing history on his computer could be completely wiped for all we know.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Reading some of his posts, watching his vids, It seems to me that he is suffering from some kind of mental illness (I think its psychosis with aspergers), but it isn't the core reason why he did what he did. certain triggers in his head led him to it, and if it was planned, it showed he was in the right state of mind since he had to plan this act of violence, and then acted on it. He made a choice and it resulted in deaths. He wont get off easy, and will need an act of god to get him out of this craphole he got himself into.

I just see a solid case.... it will take less than an hour for a jury to come back with a murder 1 verdict on all counts and attempted murder. consecutively served sentences and probably gets death for killing the child. the other counts he may get a lifer verdict.

I just see no way he can squirm out of a trial... and if he does, i think half his brain needs to be missing for that to fall through, or a tumor or 10 growing in his head.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

But the browsing history is still held by the ISP.... not to mention you can recover files using DOS (IF he was using a windows machine.)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Funny how everyone is calling this kid a "nutjob" "insane" "crazy" based solely upon what he posted on the internet. Has anybody seen any of his personal communications such as text messages or emails??????

I'm willing to bet the grammar he used in texts and emails is quite different than his posted cryptic internet musings. Like, messages to friends etc...before you write this kid off as a nutcase you should think about what I just said.

Don't you think the FBI, CIA, NSA, DHS and the like have poured over every single message this kid had on his Myspace and Facebook? And even questioned his friends and family about any information about this individual? Also I'm sure they've torn his house apart looking for information, let alone pulled hard drives and getting the information off of them unless the kid completely destroyed them somehow (highly unlikely).

Also, had he been in communication with other people on other forums such as /b/ then anyone who encouraged this individual and even helped him is now an accomplice to murder as well. Don't think the intelligence agencies who watch those type of sites let things like that go lightly. Especially now.
edit on 9-1-2011 by AutOmatIc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I am wondering, if this were some kind of operation (as opposed to a lone disgruntled individual) - was there any 'warning' anywhere?

Eg, any leaked intel? A rumored 'plot' that resembles this shooting?

Another thought - how about these various subscribers to the Congresswoman's as well as shooter's websites, - Are there are further coincidences or links beyond what's been pointed out thus far? Maybe some of the more obscure 'friends' have something in common?

(I am not too familiar with these types of sites and networks of friends; and I know nothing at all on how to find old pages and work off those) - but maybe these thoughts here, someone else could look in this direction.

~ Keeping positive thoughts for all the victims.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
When you were a kid and it was simpler because people ignored things that were wrong and shouted down the victimized as being problem causers.

It was a better time....for those who are too weak for the truth.
edit on 2011/1/9 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

-------------------------
Y'know your response and the one from BeenindaSun (?) are exactly, imo, what's wrong with this world. In my initial comment, I said it made me cry harder...meaning I would have cried anyway. Instead of NICELY asking for clarification, BeeninDaSun's comment was mean and rude.
My clarification was addressed to BeeninDaSun, not you. I never say I'm physically strong, but I have an inner strength uncommon to most people. People who actually know me, as opposed to some name-on-a-screen, know it as well. I find your comment arrogant. It's also very presumptuous of you to define what it was like where I was raised. You weren't there. Like I said, we had neighbors, we had community, people said hello to one another, etc. People ignored what was wrong? "You" got away with nothing when I was a kid. If "your" parents didn't catch you, one of the neighbors did and told "your" parents about it. Yet, there was a wonderful feeling of security...."you" had all these people looking out for "you", looking out for "your" welfare.
Anyway, I believe we're here to love one another, be kind to one another, help one another; I believe we're all here to experience, to learn, to grow. Am I perfect at it? Hardly.
This thread is about a tragedy, another tragedy in a long list of tragedies. I do not wish to clutter up the thread arguing with discourteous people.
Perhaps if someone had been a little kinder to Jared Loughner, actually tried to help him, this tragedy could have been avoided...and please note I said the word perhaps...
I have nothing further to say to you.

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join