It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I guess I was confused, let me look back through this thread and see if I can find it.reply to post by Stormdancer777

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I think that was a screenshot of the cached page, before she subscribed to him.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Has anyone read an update on Gabrielle's condition? She is in critical condition and head trauma such is this is life threatening.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Originally posted by fusionhunter
He was using a automatic weapon right? Or am I wrong?

No. He was using a semi-automatic 9mm handgun.
Ah ok. Thank you for clearing that part up. Still possible though to hit someone by mistake when firing because everyone probably began to flee and run.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ok, here is one of the first posts I ran across concerning the youtube link in this thread.

Originally posted by micpsi
At the shot congresswoman's YouTube, she has a subscription to her own shooters webpage. Why?

Gifford's YouTube, subscriptions in bottom left corner:

www.youtube.com...

The last visit date is 10 hours ago - AFTER she was shot. So this is probably her husband or staffers logging in. However, this image:

img717.imageshack.us...

retrieved from ImageShack, shows she last logged in two days ago - that is, BEFORE she was shot. So the subscription to her shooter's YouTube page was made BEFORE she was shot. Either she, a staffer or a hacker went into her channel two days ago and subscribed to her eventual attacker.

There could be a HUGE smoking gun here.

Note the imageshack image, it is a screen cap of her youtube page, showing a date before the shooting, and the subscription to the shooters channel.

Then, came Eric's post:

Originally posted by ericsnow
WTF! On December 2nd Griffords' youtube page WAS NOT subscribed to Jared Loughner's. So sometime between December 3rd and the beginning of Janaury she decided to subscribe to him.

www.youtube.com...&cd=1&hl=en &ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">webcache.googleusercontent.com...:LpBmYniaOpcJ:www.youtube.com/user/giffords2+www.youtube.com...&cd=1&hl=en &ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Unfortunately, I cannot get these links to work, and would love it if someone who could get them to work, would copy paste them. So according to this post, we have a supposed established timeline of the channel add. And here is the screen cap of the google cache, which I mistakenly thought was the current shot. It is not, and I apologize for the misunderstanding. At any rate, here is the post that confused me. Thansk to eric for getting these shots:

Originally posted by ericsnow
WTF! Now the google cache from December 2nd was just updated minutes ago to the present time. Good thing I screenshotted it.

edit on 9-1-2011 by ericsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fusionhunter

From what I understand he was using a semi-automatic 9mm glock pistol, though I could be wrong.

I'm assuming he concealed the weapon until he got close enough to fire point blank at Giffords, at which point bystanders probably would have tried to subdue him. The injuring and killing of the other people might have been part of his attempt at escape, with the child possibly being caught in the crossfire. Depending on how old the child was and yes the sex of the child, he also could have been trying to stop the gunman, it is not unheard of for a child to try and protect its parent. He fired a max of 20 rounds from what we know (# of people injured/killed), this corresponds to two glock mags if he was not using korean or some other exotic mags, which aren't sold at the place that he bought the firearm. I have read that a lady actually managed to snatch a mag out of his hand, this could have been the third mag while he was attempting a reload. After he was out of ammo he attempted to run, but turns out there were some faster people around at the "Safeway" grocery store.

It is sad, but I'm not buying this whole "hes mentally ill" hypothesis, it looks like an assassination and an attempt to flee at any cost. If he was just someone who got too paranoid from reading on the internet and may have been a bit nuts, then he is a very goal driven nutcase, and is good at it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Well, sorry to tell you that the U.S. Constitution does not say "people with mental illnesses" which btw to some in government if you think differently than them you are mentally ill, that their arms can be barred... It actually says...

Second Amendment
Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

topics.law.cornell.edu...

Gabrielle is/was IN FAVOR of protecting EVERYONE'S right to own and bear arms, she was a CONSERVATIVE Democrat. I might disagree with some of her other bills, but she is/was a good woman, she also wanted to secure the border.

I just woke up and wasn't keeping up with this but I hope she is ok.

I am thinking this is one of the many events staged to "take away people's right to own and bear arms"...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

So what does that tell us?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
this whole thing smells of bad herring

im starting to believe that something didnt go out as planned

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Depending on how old the child was and yes the sex of the child, he also could have been trying to stop the gunman, it is not unheard of for a child to try and protect its parent.

The child was nine years of age, her name was Christina-Taylor Green.

edit on 9-1-2011 by Casandra because: quote added

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra

Depending on how old the child was and yes the sex of the child, he also could have been trying to stop the gunman, it is not unheard of for a child to try and protect its parent.

I believe she was the president of her student council at school too? Attending with her school principle.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

She was also the granddaughter of former Major League Baseball player and manager, Dallas Green.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Thanks for the correction, but I don't want a picture of her.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I believe she was the president of her student council at school too? Attending with her school principle.

I'll one up ya. Research her birth date.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Update on the condition of Gabrielle Giffords:

(CNN) -- Doctors treating Rep. Gabrielle Giffords said Sunday that while she remains in critical condition, early signs have made them hopeful. Giffords is able to communicate with doctors by following simple commands, such as squeezing her hand, said Dr. Michael Lemole, Jr., chief of neurosurgery at University Medical Center in Tuscon, Arizona. "We are very encouraged by that," he said, adding, "I am cautiously optimistic."

They are now keeping her in a drug induced coma then waking her every couple of hours to assess her condition. The main concern is brain swelling so a section of skull has been removed to allow the brain to swell and not cause further damage. At this stage she has a better than 50% chance of survival but at what level of quality of life is anyone's guess for now.

edition.cnn.com...[editb y]edit on 9/1/11 by WorldObserver because: add link

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hey there everyone.....Since we all know that almost nothing happens without reason, I will venture out to say that her astronaut husband had told her about the existence of UFOs and Alien entities that he encountered in space; After hearing this, she went off on a righteous "the public should know about this" trip.

Her husband then notified his chain of command and had her terminated under the guise of a "nutjob" or "lone gunman"

Just my 2 cents.

---GeminiSky

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

They knew each other

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky
Hey there everyone.....Since we all know that almost nothing happens without reason, I will venture out to say that her astronaut husband had told her about the existence of UFOs and Alien entities that he encountered in space; After hearing this, she went off on a righteous "the public should know about this" trip.

Her husband then notified his chain of command and had her terminated under the guise of a "nutjob" or "lone gunman"

Just my 2 cents.

---GeminiSky
Do you know the name of her husband by any chance?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky

Just my 2 cents.

---GeminiSky
Do you know the name of her husband by any chance?

Speaking of, the husband he was an astronaut, and Jared had something against NASA

Mark E. Kelly
edit on 013131p://bSunday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
That I was confused, and I reckon, some screen caps of the pages in discussion.

Originally posted by Cassius666

So what does that tell us?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join