It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
When you were a kid and it was simpler because people ignored things that were wrong and shouted down the victimized as being problem causers.

It was a better time....for those who are too weak for the truth.
edit on 2011/1/9 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I am surprised that nobody here on ATS or in the MSM has theorized on the potential that there was some sordid love affair between the Congresswoman and Loughner.

The last desperate act of a jilted young lover?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ckstarling
An interesting article by George Packer on the shooting, FWIW:

It Doesn't Matter Why He Did It

It doesn't matter why he did it. All that matters is who we can blame besides the actual perpetrator.

link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

WOW! Interesting find. mordant1 had him pegged when he told him he may be schizophrenic and could benefit from medication in a most tactful way I thought. This guy is incomprehensible. It is quite obvious that his break from reality began years ago. If he had of taken mordant1's advice, we may not be discussing this tragedy today. What date was he banned from ATS I wonder? It does not look like he was an active poster here due to his inability to communicate.

link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

Does anyone else not notice his repetitive word and phrase use on his youtube videos and also his posts on ats.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Either some people that assassinate politicians have a mental illness that makes them do this or something else is going on.
"After Sirhan's arrest, his handwritten personal journals and diaries were discovered. Most of the entries were incoherent and repetitive"-source bobby-kennedy.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

That's is exactly what I want to know. Last night reports said she was dead, and this morning , reports said she is conscious. I can't seem to find an answer either.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
WTF! Now the google cache from December 2nd was just updated minutes ago to the present time. Good thing I screenshotted it.

edit on 9-1-2011 by ericsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

An interesting article by George Packer on the shooting, FWIW:

It Doesn't Matter Why He Did It

I like his perspective on this.

As a storyteller, I have observed that the stories a culture tells to itself often train the culture on ways to behave. If the stories say "the only way to get justice is to gather a group and begin visiting offices with petitions and offering bribes" then that is the way people will attempt to resolve a problem. We tend to have a culture that tells stories where problems are not resolved by talking or compromise or negotiation... so when some people look for answers they look in the only directions that they've learned about.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by ericsnow
WTF! On December 2nd Griffords' youtube page WAS NOT subscribed to Jared Loughner's. So sometime between December 3rd and the beginning of Janaury she decided to subscribe to him.

Actually, public figures will subscribe to someone if that person first subscribes to them. I've seen writers do that... they assume that anyone who 'friends' them on a public page is interested in their books an so forth an will 'friend' them back and occasionally comment on them. I imagine that he was one of hundreds that she (or a staffer) went through and automatically friended.

But she had over 130 other subscribers and wasn't subscribed to any of those

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

....Its is a community problem more then anything. The community that surrounds these types have to take action. The government will do squat until he does something illegal.....

I was trying to show in my post That not only have Americans been legally restrained from helping people like this guy, but our communities have been intentionally smashed which makes it even worse.

I have a friend who's wife has manic-depressive disorder. She hated taking her medication because she enjoyed the "high phase" Unfortunately she would do weird things like hop a plane and fly cross country for no apparent reason, leaving her two little kids unattended. Her husband could do absolutely nothing for her not even get a court order to have her put into treatment and get her stabilized. Believe me the poor guy was beside him self trying to come up with ways to cope with the situation.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01

We all will suffer from this kids act. Those who think this cannot lead to a revolution are short sighted. The unknown spin-offs from this act could very well lead to a revolution. I think I fall outside of most of you in that I actually support the idea that there comes a time when the citizens have been pushed into a corner that those citizens are justified in acting against the political class. We are walking the edge of that time. I was not sure that we were there yet but this act may push us into that frontier.

Wow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying you think this murder and murder attempt was a justified political act?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
When you were a kid and it was simpler because people ignored things that were wrong and shouted down the victimized as being problem causers.

What the hell? Since when were people of older times completely retarded like you are suggesting? People way back when actually had brains as far as I'm concerned. Which is why crap like this almost never happened.

From your avatar and previous posts, I'm taking that you are a new age woman. You know, up on your high horse with the confidence of a coke head. How I feel sorry for you. One day you will realize your life has been a commie lie. Thanks for reading... Not really.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice

Originally posted by Aeons

What the hell? Since when were people of older times completely retarded like you are suggesting? People way back when actually had brains as far as I'm concerned. Which is why crap like this almost never happened.

From your avatar and previous posts, I'm taking that you are a new age woman. You know, up on your high horse with the confidence of a coke head. How I feel sorry for you. One day you will realize your life has been a commie lie. Thanks for reading... Not really.

Whoa, can we nix the hostility here?

The attacks on everything from "new age" philosophy to Communism are uncalled for and tangential, at best.

(Secondarily, I'm not sure how a BSG avatar is indicative of being "new age" anyway...)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Yes, but the YouTube page shows a subscription, not a friend. There are only two subscriptions on the page.

By the way folks, save page as and also screenshots.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Sheesh! I am REALLY tired of reading the Fox-News meme that he lstend the 'communist manifesto' as a favorite book. He ALSO listed many, many other books, like Animal Farm (and anti-communist novel) and "We the Living", and Ayn Rand "Objectivist' libertarian novel.

Really, all these selective accounts tell me about the poster is A- they don't do their own research, but rely on other people to tellt hem what to think and B- aren't well-read enough to recognize the various forms of literature
listed.

But, most importantly, is the lack of critical thought implied in just looking at his youtube page and not wondering if it was all a set-up.

I thought ATS was about thinking beyond the cable news talking points????

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wow the Giffords youtube page was scrubbed pretty quickly. She is now only subscribed to one, not two people. I am glad someone screen shot those. It is so vital, in every one of these cases (the recent airplane suicider, Joe someone, in Austin comes to mind) the net scrubbing begins immediately, and I am quite certain, that thanks to sites like ours, and net sleuths like us in threads like these, the "scrubbers" moniter for loose ends. So from now on, if we find something on this case and others in the future, before we even announce an online finding it needs to be downloaded, screencapped, photoed, etc and saved in more than one place (zip drive preferrably) because it WILL DISAPPEAR in the 48 hrs following the tragedy.

Thus far, the biggest mystery is why she only subscribed to two channels, one being her shooter, and with in 24 hrs of her shooting the shooters link to the woman has been scrubbed. Why did she subscribe to his channel? For those five videos?

I suspect he used to have a channel full of videos, and what was left up was left up on purpose.

For what purpose I am still wondering.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ckstarling

WOW.

The attacks on everything from "new age" philosophy to Communism are uncalled for and tangential, at best.

Tangential? And you posting an "Interesting" article that blames AGAIN the Republicans and Tea Party are what?

People STILL attempting to make this about politics are vile IMO.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

latest info on The Congresswoman's condition..

Doctor: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is able to communicate

A surgeon at the University Medical Center in Tucson, Ariz., said Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is able to
communicate.

Dr. Michael Lemole said at a news conference on Sunday that Giffords responded to doctors' commands.

Lemole said the gunshot went through the left side of her head and that surgeons worked to reduce pressure from swelling in the brain by removing bone fragments.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

What this guy really needed was some proper friends to share his views with. That is what common people within a community should do.

Secondarily, I couldn't agree with you more about the necessity of community on every level. But it should be noted that some people resist community, even if it is offered/present/accessible. There will be loners regardless.
edit on 9-1-2011 by ckstarling because: HTML

But this guy was screaming for a audience. This guy seams very eager to share his visions with others, and teach how he understand our current system. He would never have made YouTube videos if he wanted to be alone.

After seeing his YouTube videos. it seams that he really has a message to tell, because he is on to something.

1. He clearly understands that people dont understand what they read. That is what he means with grammar or illiterate people.

::::Everyone thinks they can read, and everyone thinks that they understands everything that they read. But the truth is only a fraction does.

2. He also tries to tell people who lacks getting their grammar right. That authority uses our lack of grammar and reading skills as a mechanism to rewrite the constitution.

He was actually not any different then anyone else here about he's views. It was how he acted upon he's views that differed from most of us. And that could have been prevented.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

WOW.

Tangential? And you posting an "Interesting" article that blames AGAIN the Republicans and Tea Party are what?

People STILL attempting to make this about politics are vile IMO.

Note that I posted it with the addendum: FWIW. It was merely a well-articulated opinion on the part of Packer. I never claimed to agree with it. Also note that I have never once made a personal attack on someone's politics, beliefs, or philosophies. Though the above hostility on which I commented was not directed toward me, I am a member of a community and suggested we keep the community free of personal attacks.

If that makes me vile, then so be it. Peace be with you.

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join