It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by edfranx
This was an act of extreme Republican rhetoric.

Really, because I heard the EXACT opposite.
Don't let your hate lead you to lies.

As for the entire ordeal, I think it's sad. But I also feel that many Americans are becoming really, REALLY disenchanted by the entire government and the people in it. Even if those people aren't the ones really doing anything, they're targeted because ignorant people are fed up and they'll take anyone politically active.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
The question people should be asking themselves right now is: what can we do to prevent the next person from doing the exact same thing. Because both side right or left have people who are capable of actions like this.

I don't know how you can prevent such things. Some yes - - but not all.

There are groups that use this type person. Like the shoe bomber. Of course acting alone happens too.

I always found it interesting that McVeigh was kicked out of a white supremacy group for being too radical.

If they manage to stay under the radar - - - there probably won't be any pre-warning.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

thank you for making that point spy, he wasn't accepted into the Army most likely because of mental illness, the community college wouldn't let him attend calling him deeply disturbed,

People knew, and no one helped.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Look, your rhetoric is becoming tiresome. Either back up your claims with clear examples proving your point or knock it off. There are clear examples cited for hateful vitriol that you are ignoring, while claiming that the opposite is true. Provide the examples to which you seem to be referring.

I think that Jared was a troubled young man with a complex set of agendas, not the least of which was his apparent mistrust of NASA.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

If they manage to stay under the radar

A lot of people knew this kid was sick, of course they most likely didn't know he could turn violent.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

Does this also include Keith Olbermann, The Ed Show, HuffPost, Daily Kos...... Don't be blinded by the left/right paradigm they use to divide us in order to control us. If we continue attacking one another, we play right into their plan. This tool of division has worked for thousands of years to control the masses. Please understand that this is a part of their agenda.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Erica1631 because: error

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
There is nothing that we can do to prevent this from happening. Thats the problem. Hey heres an idea, strip us of all our rights and freedoms...Let no one outdoors, let no one have, guns, knifes, cars, gasoline, anything sharp, big, combustable, or concealable, take away the internet so the crazies cant share ideas, limit whats on tv so no one gets ideas, top security for all... This, unfortunatly is a part of life. Some people like to kill people, nothing we can do except prepare ourselfes, protect ourselfes, just be ready, I dont know about anybody else but the last thing I need is big brother or nanny comin to save my ass, I will do it on my own.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

I understand it completely. But, I've yet to see any of the people you mentioned incite people to violence like those on the right do, so, although the left/right paradigm is just a show, there ARE differences.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I smell CIA opt here for the next step to take Americans guns away, and here is why
1) Only cia opts have labeled the killer as the first, middle and last name. (Jared Lee loughner)
2) head shots, under pressure average joes aim for middle of body
3) I see quite a few people have linked to his Youtube channel. However, has anyone noticed his personal information is all past tense? 2 quotes directly from it:

"My favorite interest was reading, and I studied grammar."

"I had favorite books: Animal Farm,...." someone got into his account and made a poor past tense of him!
4) Cnn labeled Gifford dead, kind of like the events of 9/11 its for you to decide, but i smell another black opt that is going to have some serious conscienquinces in the near future for gun rights in the States.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by elfie

Whatever. If you actually BELIEVE that, I have some nice property to sell you.

Yes, you can point to one or two comments here and there.

I can point you to MILLIONS of comments and numerous MSM reports where the LEFTISTS used a CRISIS to attack their political and ideological enemies.

Pulling out the victim card or the both sides did it card is another tactic. Like I said elsewhere, show me a right leaning site where they used this to attack the left. Show me one.

Now, showing me one thread of a blog does not count. I am talking about a site where their coverage by a main writer uses the incident to attack the left.

I will be waiting.......................................

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by spy66

thank you for making that point spy, he wasn't accepted into the Army most likely because of mental illness, the community college wouldn't let him attend calling him deeply disturbed,

-- Yes, which is perhaps (at least part of) the heart of the issue at hand.

We need more checks and balances for situations like his. Rather than just kicking him out of MEPS and then kicking him out of the college, why don't any of these people suggest mental help for him? Everyone just goes, "Mentally ill? Not MY problem," and shuts the door.

(This is not, by the way, to say that he's not responsible for his actions or that others are to blame -- Just a point that I hadn't seen thus far.)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Yeah I did notice those things, didnt link it to cia tho...Didnt Sirhan write repetitive statements about rfk. Seems strange to me, the repeating sentences and words used in his youtube videos. Some say its a sign of being hypnotized or mind control, something like that. Good point tho,

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

yep, I said earlier that our own govt. was behind this, as they needed a distraction. doesn't change the fact that all the violent rhetoric on the right created the necessary cover for them to pull this # off.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

STILL long on accusations and short on any type of substantiating references. Do the legwork, present the evidence or give it up.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

That's quite an assumption.

We have no "real life" history on this guy. We don't know if he's had professional help or not.

I'm sure all that will be coming soon.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I've read through most of this thread, and see the bickering back and forth between left and right, and everyone trying to pin this tragedy on the other's politics. Seems to me the shooter is a deeply troubled and politically confused individual, who rationalized his psychosis with a patchwork of conflicting ideologies.

All of what I see in this thread, and all of what I see in the U.S. political and media landscape in general brings the below, excellent article to mind. It's a 'big picture' look at what creates the kind of guys who walk into shopping malls and start randomly gunning people down...

A merican Psychosis: What happens to a society that can not distinguish between reality and illusion?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

repost
edit on 9-1-2011 by elfie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well here is an interesting article on the second suspect

www.infowars.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted yet but check out Giffords' official youtube channel subscriptions WTF?

www.youtube.com...

edit on 9-1-2011 by ericsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I dont know about the examiner, but i found it and figured let everyone give there own opinion...

AZ Congresswoman assassination scenario has MKULTRA profile, drug & space target
www.examiner.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join