It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
wordsmith.org...

oh and this too wow wow wow
haha honestly get rid of these threads

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I'd be inclined to disagree there...

As someone who has worked within Mental Health for the past 15 years, who does acute assessments, sections, provisional diagnosis, who has worked Inpatient Acute, Community and Crisis on-call...its not a vocation I find depressing at all...if I did I wouldn't have been in it this long.

On the contrary its a career I find extremely rewarding in many different ways.

For sure it can be intense...absolutely it can be...but then so can so many other professions.
Working in Mental Health does take a certain type of person, no doubt about that. But ultimately what it takes more than anything is a realisation that "there but through the grace of God go I"...

...it takes a person who sees a PERSON first...and any possible problem secondary...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback
Politically motivated murder. He shot her point blank then began spraying at the crowd. This is what happens when you combine ATS and right-wing extremism.

Oh lovely. That's quite the extrapolation you have made there.

Enjoying the koolaid are you? I'm usually pretty cool and collected but that was an irresponsible comment and I urge you to reconsider it. Why blast away at the very forum you are posting in? ATS understands freedom of speech and I hope they are not squashed by the pressure of people like yourself making comments like this.

For as many "Right-wing Extremists" there are just as many members who keep them in check. It is unfair to lump the entire membership into one camp. Our differences are the spirit of ATS and it is these differences that lend to our spirited debates.

I wonder did you post this before or after you called DHS to inform them of Loughners membership? As an experienced contributor I know better than to take this bait but I'm still human and this one got to me. i apologize to our new members for not being a good example with this post.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Just a thought - - question.

Doesn't the kind of repetition of phrasing sound savant/autistic?

Is that also something you find in Schizophrenia?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Just a thought - - question.

Doesn't the kind of repetition of phrasing sound savant/autistic?

Is that also something you find in Schizophrenia?

I was thinking along the same lines. He is nevertheless intelligent, has a wry sense of humour, is interested in what is going on in the world, is not afraid to engage people in discussion or to challenge their thinking, has a pretty good grasp of grammar and spelling, and is on the right side of many issues like the wars in the middle east. No question that he has a unique perspective on things. Different doesn't necessarily mean wrong.

There is a term for a high functioning person with Autism that slips my mind at the moment. I would not rush to put a label on him tho as some have done.
edit on 1/9/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Wiki on Thought Disorder

It's from Wiki, but it gives a general breakdown on the various patterns of Thought Disorder.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
There is a term for a person high functioning person with Autism that slips my mind at the moment. I would not rush to put a label on him tho as some have done.

Asperger's

"Aspie"

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Does anyone believe that Jared Lee Laughner was merely a pawn and that there are others similar to him that are being fed similar anti-government sentiment by a higher entity? Maybe there is a coach or teacher that is constructing some sort of secret organization with an objective of molding a revolution. I am also from Tucson like Jared is and can witness firsthand that this area is a hotbed for anti-government sentiment. I'm not saying Tucsonans would react the same way he did, but just saying there are tons of people here who are very anti-government. I know a lot of people are anti-government these days but it seems more escalated than usual around here. If there was some sort of pro-revolution society then Tucson and its surrounding areas would be a very marketable place for recruiting.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Some more info and quotes from Erad3, that may or may be related.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll probably be ignored and bored.

If a poster creates a new language then the poster decides the definition for the word .
A poster creates a new language
Therefore, the poster decides the definition for the new word.

You have one choice to make with evolution.
You either believe the evolution theory or you don't accept the evolution theory.
Make your decision and surrender to it!

Look at the local graffiti scene that's around you.
There's always some sort of writing on signs, buildings, poles, or sidewalks

Wouldn't be hilarious to make fun of your boss?

The majority of our world is dedicated to a workplace.
The workplace could have a effect on the belief system.
This not possible for the majority of the world to preach that fact.

God couldn't be a possible! It's being argued with unknown authors for dispute.

Look into what a war crime is from the Geneva Convention.
This could shed some light on the current situations of the world.
Could this be effecting the experience and circumstances of life?

Corruption: putrefactive decay; rottenness.

If Christianity and Buddhism philosophy is non-fiction writing then there's a author for the literature

There's no author for the literature.

Therefore, Christianity and Buddhism philosophy is not non-fiction writing.

Ah! You'll tell every poster that you forgot your sixteenth birthday?

If the children and teenagers that attend schools are able to buy products at their breaks then they're able to purchase the items out of school.
The children and teenagers that attend schools are able to buy products at their breaks.
Therefore, they're able to purchase the items out of school.

The majority of the population will buy main brands.

If you don't buy from a main brand then be considered a cheap low class citizen.

Get 2 flash lights and start shinning them towards the sky!

Start screaming at the top of your lungs!

You'll never get that type of attention again.

That could never be true from your stand point.

Complete non-sense for a fiction story that should be ridiculed.

If the texts are written in Hebrew then they are mistranslated in another language.
The texts are written in Hebrew.
They are mistranslated in another language.

The majority of people who read the texts are unaware of the date they're wrote.

The writings of Plato are before the OT in date.
The Aesop fables precede Plato.
Therefore, the writings of Plato are before the OT in date and Aesop fables precede Plato.

If this is a nightmare situation then hope that the alarm is set.
This is a nightmare situation.
Hope the alarm is set.

edit on 9-1-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Repetition of phrasing/words etc can be an indicator of a great many things. Insomnia included.

Thats the thing. Currently its all speculation based upon some words on a screen.

Any Mental Health professional worth their salt isn't about to even start pointing a finger down this route or that regarding some possible diagnosis.
There is sooooo much more that MUST come into play, be considered and reconsidered when it comes to carrying out any form of mental state examination or assessment.

The problem with *online persona* is exactly that - its online.
We don't get to see/hear/engage/assess/*feel* the person in the flesh.
We don't get to cross-reference what they are saying with anyone elses take on the same events.
We don't get to observe body-language 'in real time, reactions to trains of discussion, questions, other stimuli'...which provides far better possible indications as to what may be happening for the person.

We don't get to include all the many other contributors and indicators....

...so while there may be elements of this person that bear similarities to specific disorders or otherwise...speculation of what the core issue is is something I wouldn't touch with a barge-pole...

link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
reply to post by Annee

Wiki on Thought Disorder

It's from Wiki, but it gives a general breakdown on the various patterns of Thought Disorder.

Fascinating. His word patterning just stood out to me.

I guess this is my answer (from your link): It has been suggested that individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) display language disturbances like those found in schizophrenia. A 2008 study found that children and adolescents with ASD showed significantly more illogical thinking and loose associations than control subjects. The illogical thinking was related to cognitive functioning and executive control; the loose associations were related to communication symptoms and to parent reports of stress and anxiety

link   
reply to post by alien

People like you are very special.. You have hearts of steel. Me. I guess i was somewhat traumatized as an adolescent.. My mom went through a major depression when i was 12-14 and i didnt realize till i was much older how great an effect it had on my own personal development.

But she came through it. For a woman who was hospitalized and attempted suicide on different occasions. Barak Hashem that human beings can show such phenomenal and inspiring strength. She is a wonder woman to me. Shes been spiritually healthy and strong for about a decade now and i am incredibly proud of her...

I myself have gone through many things. Never anything so serious as a suicide attempt or a serious mental illness (thank G-d) but i have had my bouts with self esteem, agoraphobia and social anxiety(something very prevalent today). And my overcoming it - or should i say, my continued battle in overcoming it lies in literally reprogramming my mind and my responses to situations.. It really can be simplified to mind over emotions. To understand yourself better and also keep things in context.

I continue to go to a therapist and he helps me with this. He sort of combines conventional cognitive therapy and Torah/kabbalistic psychology (whom he even Frued and Jung found inspiration from. Jung for instance borrowed his 4 functions from kabbalh. Of course not acknowledging that) and it has really helped. When it comes down to things, we have to relax and be thankful for all the good we have. Gratitude is absolutely integral to a healthy mind.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes. Its called 'psychosis'. In basic terms the illogical nature of the unconscious imposes its symmetrical "logic" on the conscious mind. This is basically what we find in his rantings.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Whatever Jared is the government will most likely blitzkrieg the people as a result of it which may very possibly turn out to be TSHTF.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by fortisfidelis

It is plausible based on similar cases that there was a "handler" and remember most Patriots not Anarchists understand the need for limited Government as a necessary evil. For a Patriot it is not about Anti-Government its about Anti bad Government and it is an important distinction.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Thanks Alien - - Factual information always appreciated.

But did you find his patterning just a bit odd?

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join