It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
this is really sad. hate to hear about these things.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
They're saying the gunman was SHOT by POLICE..... but is alive and was taken into custody.

I wonder what this is all about man...

Hmmmmm

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
Drug cartel made an example out of her.

That was my first guess right there.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Fox also reported that a child was also shot. Not sure if the child was killed.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

Who said I agreed with it? You people crack me up! Congress has the lowest approval rating EVER, in the history of this country. The politicians continually demonstrate that they have no regard for us peasants. How long did you think that people would just sit back and take up the keister before someone decided that it was time to "Off" a few of them. Jeeesh! I mean, haven't you been paying attention?

I have and fully expected to start seeing this kind of crap. Alas, it HAS begun! Not that I agree with it...

link   
Or somebody who plays too many FPS's

link   
reply to post by TKDRL

it does make sense.
edit on 8-1-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Mexican drug cartel is a very valid maybe!

The drug cartels can get people of any age hooked and turned into a monster for their cause...

Or hold their family hostage on terms of them carrying out the crime..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Mr Mask

The reports on NPR say the following about the shooter:

The suspect ran off and was tackled by a bystander. He was taken into custody. Witnesses described him as in his late teens or early 20s.

Source

~Heff

Wow...a young kid? That's a bit surprising. I was profiling the guy (wrongly sure) as some 40-something dude who lost his house/wife/dog/mind recently and was lashing out in anger and confusion.

But it was a young pup? Damn...

Yeah, the kid will spill the beans soon enough on why he did it.

Here's to hoping he doesn't explain he is a conspiracy theorist all into Alex Jones or worse "ATS".

MM

PS- Thanks for the info.

edit on 8-1-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

Oh God, what a nightmare-from-hell, say it won't be so. I'm a Lefty, but I love the Alex Jones show and ATS.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Fox just said the gunman shouted something before he fired.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
ALLAH AWKBAR???maybe??

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dasauto
Mexican drug cartel is a very valid maybe!

The drug cartels can get people of any age hooked and turned into a monster for their cause...

Or hold their family hostage on terms of them carrying out the crime..

If it was anything to do with a drug cartel, they couldn't have picked a worse target.

Not only was she a US Representative in Congress, but she is also the wife of the mission commander for STS 134, the final planned mission of the space shuttle program, and sister in law of her husband's twin brother who is also an astronaut.

If a drug cartel is behind this, they are going to be cold dead meat very soon.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Another thought come to mind.

Jihad.

Is he middle eastern?
What is his religion?
They love to recruit young people to do their dirty work.
And the fact that he got 6 people with a handgun in short order means that he was probably trained.

I haven’t seen pictures of him yet.

If they hold back pictures of him for an unusual amount of time, I will start contemplating that possibility very much.

Edit….
Someone beat me to it.

edit on 8-1-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Gabrielle Giffords was known as a strong proponent of solar energy as well as for her work to secure the border with Mexico.

Giffords also voted to repeal subsidies to big oil companies and invest the savings in renewable energy. "We put our national security at risk by relying on oil from unstable regimes in the Middle East and Latin America," Giffords told her colleagues in a speech on the House floor during debate on the Clean Energy Act. The act repeals $14 billion in subsidies given to oil companies and establishes a Strategic Renewable Energy Reserve to increase research in clean renewable energy, to develop greater energy efficiency, and to improve energy conservation.

There was a certain motive in the shootings.
Anyone, any info whether she's in favor or against raising US debt ceiling?
Did she has facebook or twitter account, linking to the recent subpoena?

edit on 1/8/2011 by wisdomnotemotion because: better remarks

link   

link   
David Fitzsimmons just reported on CNN that AZ is a gun happy state. The rhetoric has begun. This may not be the appropriate time to bring this up, but guns and border control will be next on the political agenda. Restrictions will be implemented at a very fast pace I'm afraid.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Very sad - I wonder what the gunman said. Also someone must have had a camera - suppose that would come along later. Sure hate to year about the kid, that is really sad and all the others that were injured and killed. I would lean toward the Mexican cartel or an unstable youth with a gun that wanted to have an exciting day.

link   
1st of all, anytime someone is shot in the head at, allegedly, point blank range, it is personal and the shooter knows exactly who the target is.

That being said, there is not enough information to start pointing finger yet.

There are just to many questions left to ask

Was the shooter american?
Was anything said prior to the shooting?
What do the witnesses say about it?

I don't agree one bit with the shooting, no matter what the reason, as it will only be a way for the government to, once again trample all over our freedoms.

But to be honest, I am not surprised this has happened, there have been a lot going on in Arizona, and it was only a matter of time before something happened.

and no, I would not count out an inside job by the government, but I don't think it was..... Yet

link   
Wow, bloke on CNN commenting on Arozona's "right" politics and the "gun happy" culture, I think it's irresponsible journalism to allow comments like that before they know the truth.

It could have been any one, with any motive. Maybe he wanted to be famous, have a wikipedia page dedicated to him.

Maybe he was having a psychotic episode.

Anything.

The whole situation blows.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
That's terrible, my thoughts and prayers for her family.

The shooting occurred at a Safeway supermarket in northwest Tucson as Ms. Giffords hosted an event, called “Congress on Your Corner, to allow members of the 8th Congressional District to meet her individually. She has held several events since first taking office in January 2007. At one such event in 2009, a protester was removed by police when his pistol fell on the supermarket floor.

Last March, her Tucson office was vandalized a few hours after the House vote overhauling the nation’s health care system, the authorities said. Earlier events in Tucson, Oro Valley, Green Valley, Sierra Vista, and Douglas had attracted between 75 and 150 people, according to a statement announcing the event. This was her first event since her re-election to a third term in November.

Source

Its completly stupid and insane to go and shoot reps when they work for you, if you don't agree with a law, your not going to change it by shooting the very people that can help you change it. Here you have a rep who is willing to talk to the people, explain things and how they work and get opinions, and she gets shot. Everyone should be condemning this attack, it's the very polar opposite of democracy and the peoples wishes for the direction of our country.
edit on 8-1-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join