It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lurch

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was on Sarah Palin's infamous "crosshairs map," listing all the Representatives the former VP candidate wanted defeated in the midterm elections.

www.radaronline.com...

Wow. Sarah Palin put crosshairs on a Congresswoman and that woman was shot point blank in the head.

Regardless of whether or not the shooter was inspired by or even saw Palin's crosshairs map, can people at least admit that using gun metaphors for removing people from office is in really poor taste?

See that's the kind of thing I'm talking about when I say "right-wing Tea Party type people fanning the flames, creating this climate of hatred etc". It needs to stop or there will be more terrible incidents like this.

Sounds about right, the woman deserves a TV series? Next thing you know she will be shooting at targets of politicians while goose stepping around in her combat boots and red suspenders on her lousy sitcom. People will cheer on her hate speech and encouragement to commit these despicable acts. Then shed crocodile tears at some press conference "oh this is horrible" While Obama gets blamed for everything from overcooking a frozen pizza to your car not starting. The world has gone mad, it's people like Palin, Alex Jones the tea Baggers of the lunatic fringe infecting the minds of the easily influenced like a puss filled sore.
edit on 8-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
So the these republican nutters have resorted to killing 9 year old Girls?

Pathetic, Disgusting

they have no shame, no code of honor

I hope the shooter gets a C*** Sandwich once in prison

Not helpful...this guy was neither R or D when he opened fire...he was simply a animal.

Now, the pubs do of course give veiled threats of 2nd amendment remedys for those you disagree with, however,....actually, why the hell do they do that anyhow?

Nevermind...carry on.

Unknown Soldier, a " c*** Sandwich"

You sound HomoPhobic

In some circles, this is considered a delicacy.
edit on 8-1-2011 by Violater1 because: He's a liberal dem homophobic

link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Hey, let's speculate like the MSM does.

Yeah, it was an alien from the planet atwtgaoualtaga, yeah, yeah, that is it.

Let's blame the tea partiers like Bloomberg did and then when it comes out someone else did it, let's bury it.

Great, the propaganda components of our MSM and the public at large.

HERE (Link) is what I would speculate, but I've been out all day and haven't been following.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Stuffed

Looks like many are looking for someone to blame.

link   
This is a tragic event and in no way do I condone what was done here.

I just have a gut feeling that this will be used as an excuse to wage war on us, that are only looking for the truth.

Be ready for a lot of changes, and an uphill battle.

link   
This thread is becoming overly censored real quick.

It seems a discussion edging on why people in political office suggest violence is off topic...from a politician being gunned down.

I would recommend the ATS mods whom are sniping posts that are -not- political trolling and -are- on topic get off the hammer for a bit and take a breath. there is no flame war here...there is a discussion going on here. If a politician gets gunned down, its time to review politicians and the political environment.

link   
reply to post by simone50m

Theres greater reason to be afraid of the GOVERNMENT than guns.

The whole basis of the 2nd ammendment is to protect themselves from an encroaching government. just think about it. The 2nd article that the founders were thoughtful of involved GUNS. Guns and the ability to defend oneself;his property and livelyhood was of such importance because it was known and understood that governments periodically try to take what they want from their constituents.

The 2nd ammendment is of CRUCIAL importance.

dont let crazy people get in the way of the real dangers; which is man and his egotism, which is reflected most intensely in his political institutions/government.

link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
Should we let those politicized views remain unchallenged? No.

Why? It only goes to further the divide in America. "Anti-gun freaks"? Like I said, it's time to be less selfish, you know what that word means, right? Let the ignorant be. Don't fan the flames............ with YOUR agenda.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich

Originally posted by melatonin
reply to post by SaturnFX

lol

Here's a link to a tw*tter user who alleges she knew the shooter, and gives some insight...

twitter.com...

Salt and pinches required.

Yep. Very left wing, volunteered at the book fair, thought the Congressman was stupid... Just like I said - an Anti-Gun Nut Job.

Ai..sooo..reading makes me a left-wing anti-gun nut? Peculiar logic.

Wissen Sie Herrn EssenSieMich: Hört auf mit das politisieren von schreckliche Sachen wie diese furchterliche Schießerei! Dein "leftie-hate" ist klar, es beginnt zu nerven..

Afterthought: I am reversing my stance here . No conspiracy. Just a very dangerous, very crazy person who got hold of a semi-auto somehow.. With utterly tragic results.
edit on 1/8/2011 by diakrite because: removed inappropriate German verbs..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

That's because every time some nut job commits a crime they blame guns that were used rather than admitting the fact that no matter what you prepare for, or in what fashion you do so, nothing is ever 100%. All you can do is your best.

My guns, none of them, left the house today and shot a member of congress.
No, a nut job did. I don't care if it was a member of a right wing organization or
not. The only thing I care about is that human life has been lost, and as a result human liberty
may be unjustly curtailed.

How many times do we repeat these mistakes?

edit on 8-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
So the these republican nutters have resorted to killing 9 year old Girls?

Pathetic, Disgusting

they have no shame, no code of honor

I hope the shooter gets a C*** Sandwich once in prison

Not helpful...this guy was neither R or D when he opened fire...he was simply a animal.

Now, the pubs do of course give veiled threats of 2nd amendment remedys for those you disagree with, however,....actually, why the hell do they do that anyhow?

Nevermind...carry on.

Unknown Soldier, a " c*** Sandwich"

You sound HomoPhobic

In some circles, this is considered a delicacy.
edit on 8-1-2011 by Violater1 because: He's a liberal dem homophobic

Not homophobic at all, im all for Gay rights being the "Liberal Scum" that i am

May the shooter Toss Salad as well

link   
reply to post by angelwrangler

He was a very left wing anti gun nut job - the people he went to school with are saying it on twitter.

link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

His favorite book listed included just about every political leaning from Marx to Ayn Rand. So you have the Communist Manifesto and the anti-communist book We Are the Living. Who knows what to make of it.

Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver's Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno

edit on 8-1-2011 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by strato

How do you want them shared. I downloaded all the vids he had uploaded.

Great. Rapidshare.com or hotfile.com would work fine. You can post the link here or PM it to me.
edit on 8-1-2011 by strato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I hate to cut through the fog with Occam's Razor, but what if he was just a 22 year old loser with mental problems that went undiagnosed?
I mean, we can talk Palins target page. Fine, ban targets.
We can talk about gun control. But we'll have to ban the wheel as well, 'cause someone, somewhere just got run over by a car.
We can talk leftist flag burning. S'okay, throw all the lefties in jail.

Or he was just a sad, lonely, 22 year old who was screwed up. Sometimes life just doesn't make any sense. Sometimes the ka-ka hits the fan and people get dirty. Too many people lost their lives today because some gunman tweaked.
We know now who it was.
The police have him in custody.
Good.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Not much to add here except that this kind of tragedy makes you realize just how flawed a species we are sometimes. My thoughts go out to the families and victims involved.

I've had a live newsfeed up for a while, and they're starting to let people leave the area. The reporters on scene are hoping to interview witnesses, but my guess is they may have been told not to say anything.

Jan Brewer just made a statement from a different location, and the FBI will be taking control of any investigation.

If there's any mention of what the kid may have said while he was shooting, I'll be sure to post it.

P.S. A couple of you partisan freak-shows need to shut the hell up instead of trying to twist this into your agenda while this plays out. I mean that in the nicest way.... I really do.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

It seems a discussion edging on why people in political office suggest violence is off topic...from a politician being gunned down.

I would recommend the ATS mods whom are sniping posts that are -not- political trolling and -are- on topic get off the hammer for a bit and take a breath. there is no flame war here...there is a discussion going on here. If a politician gets gunned down, its time to review politicians and the political environment.

I agree. Free discussion is the best way to deal with contentious ideas.

link   

Originally posted by rubyeyes
I know its out there, but its there first thing I thought.

When did it become a badge of honour to blurt out the first thing that comes into your head? It seems ATS has made a virtue of this character flaw.

I was always taught the value of considered, rational thought.

link   
We can speculate all we want. Boy, I miss the few threads where something came up and many members here instead of throwing their monkey poo, actually did some research.

So far I have found some more stuff but we now have about 20 pages of 10% information and 90% drivel.

And some wonder why I snap and go off on peeps here.

Seems like we are not going to know anything because there are people in government scouring the net scrubbing anything they can find. People here are too busy throwing their ideological poo.

WAY TO GO ATS members. Way to throw that poo!

I am out of here. At least a couple of other of the sites I am a member of actually do research.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Amen to that

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join