It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It doesn't matter how much you dislike the government or anyone for that matter it does not give you a right to go and shoot them..

link   
I think some Americans should have guns, as it is their right...but I believe that some Americans shouldn't. Restrictions need to be re-evaluated and implemented ASAP. Psych patients, Anger Management patients, and those with a family history of mental disorders should be barred from owning arms. Just saying...
Also, I saw this last night: (OLD BUT GRAPHIC) www.liveleak.com... (OLD BUT GRAPHIC)
That vid convinced me that individuals with a history of mental illness should not be allowed to bear arms.
Makes me wonder....

link   
I don't know if this was politically motivated...I certainly hope not. If it is, then the state of our nation has just taken another turn for the worse. This and the incendiary packages being mailed to government officials. This is just insane. It accomplishes nothing.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If this is true it is indeed very unnerving. People are starting to feel very, very lost and are getting so caught up in partisan rhetoric that they are becoming foolish enough to think that killing members of a political party might somehow fix things.

This reminds me a bit of the guy who spray painted V on the school board wall and then proceeded to commit death by cop. I know the situations are not the same, but the underlying despair connects to me.

Very sad indeed.

~Heff

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

So if my brother winds up with depression...

Or if my granpa had dementia...I shouldn't own guns because a politician got shot?

Also she was not a rabid anti-gunner:
From wiki:
en.wikipedia.org...

Giffords has discussed her gun ownership and support for gun rights [15] opposing the DC gun ban and signing an Amicus curiae brief with the US Supreme Court to support overturning it. [15][16] She has a D+ rating from the NRA[17] and a D- from the GOA.[18]

Gun rights didn't kill this woman. Some nutjob did.

edit on 8-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Indeed.

I think we need a big picture view of what is happening in this country.

It's time to sober the hell up folks.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

If this is over some border stuff and it turns out to be some cartel type hit,tswhtf.

This is a deplorable act of ignorance and as an American I thoroughly condemn and destest such cowardly acts.

I wish they'd string the guilty party up post haste in public and maybe it'd send a message to these psycotic idiots.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
I guess democratically electing leaders got boring.

some would argue that they were not democratically elected.
They were bought and paid for, just like Soros Shadow Party
has stated.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

The issue is that i hope they dont try to tie this into that.....

I really hope that they dont try to pin this on whacko conservatives either and use this as another political statement...

Im outraged that this has happend, and that anyone would take action like this against this person and her people....its a sad sad sad state of affairs.......

It wasnt her politics, she was pro border security, pro life, and was trying to get people in her position to take pay cuts to help with the debt situation.........her politics didnt cause this........

Be praying for everyone involved.........but last i heard she was shot point blank in the head......
edit on 8-1-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I saw people immediately saying "oh it's some nut" but you'all do NOT know that. It could very well have been thought out deliberate, we will have to wait until all of the completed facts come out.
edit on 8-1-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

so your telling me taht someone who runs in and starts shooting people ISNT a nut job?

How does that make sense? Nutjobs plan things out just like anyone else.........Dahmer planned his crimes out, and i dont know anyone who DOESNT think he was a nut job

Think before ya speak
edit on 8-1-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by PinkAndBlack

1 This isn't 4chan

2 as the poster stated FOX was reporting this..So turn on your TV and put it on FOX and that should take care of the "sauce" problem.

link   
reply to post by PinkAndBlack

Source to ABC coverage

Here is a link to a current story. NPR also has coverage but the AP has yet to have a story hit the wires. This happens sometimes. ATS is often ahead of the news coverage curve.

~Heff

link   
SKY NEWS reports...

Damn,..... she's been shot in the HEAD!!!!

And 11 others injured in the shooting?

Man.... this is pretty crazy.

Just seeing it on the news now....

They may have taken the gunman down... apparently the crowd went for him..

He's now in custody.
edit on 8/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Gabrielle Giffords is dead along with 6 others - holy cow. This is more than an assassination, it's a massacre!

Congresswoman, 6 Others, Killed by Gunman

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and six others died after a gunman opened fire at a public event on Saturday, the Pima County, Ariz., sheriff's office confirms. The 40-year-old Democrat was outside a Tucson grocery store when a gunman ran up and began firing indiscriminately. The suspect was taken into police custody.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Reports confirm that she has died from her injuries.

Man, this is pretty bad.

I'm sure when she tweeted to people to come along and let her know what they thought and what their thoughts were, this isn't what she had in mind.
edit on 8/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by TheOneElectric

So if my brother winds up with depression...

Or if my granpa had dementia...I shouldn't own guns because a politician got shot?

Gun rights didn't kill this woman. Some nutjob did.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Second line.

link   

Sources said Giffords had been shot in the head.

She was taken to University Medical Center where a hospital spokesman confirmed she was alive. But the extent and seriousness of her injuries are unknown.

A law enforcement source told KGUN that the shooter was in custody.

Giffords, a Democrat, was holding a "Congress on Your Corner" event today at a Safeway supermarket in northwest Tucson.

From the ABC news cite.. just updated moments ago.

~Heff

(ETA - apparently ABC is behind the curve. Man... 6 dead. Tragic)
edit on 1/8/11 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Two possibilities come to mind.

One…….
Drug cartel made an example out of her.

Two………….
A hit job from the top.
Some of obama’s cronies are trying to boost to anti gun sentiment in the US. And especially among elected representatives. If she was a hard line gun supporter then what better target? They take out one of the opposition, while still being able to rub it in the opposition’s face. A win win situation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join