It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are People Looking up to the Homeless Guy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I understand that people want to look up to the underdog, because people know that someday, that could be them. Are fear of that possible situation is partially subsided by stories of the "inspirational":

You can do anything if you set your mind to it..

But what I see from the "Homeless guy with the golden voice" story, is a story indicative of the decline of western civilization. When civilization is on the decline, people hate the upper ruling class and are skeptical of their motivations, much like today. Instead, they value the simple, uneducated, classless, and degenerate elements of society. These elements mostly sprung up from the land of civilization's pinnacle: The US. And they can be seen infiltrating the culture of other countries around the world.

This guy, Ted Williams, is the poster boy for this movement. Who is he exactly? No one really knew. They just accepted the media's portray of him as a man rising to the top from homelessness, and just plain bad luck. But was it just plain bad luck? At least one guy did his research on this man and this video shows what he discovered:

If this is all true, how can a guy with a back story like this be a "hero"? What kind of message does this send when a guy is basically a degenerate one day receives offers from the Cleveland Cavaliers, Kraft, and Oprah. Or am I the crazy one for questioning this guy's miraculous breakthrough?

edit on 8-1-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Personaly I'm so tired of seeing reality shows of little rich brats that I'd also find a homeless dude entertaining.

People need heros.It gives them hope.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
you mad?
edit on 8-1-2011 by PinkAndBlack because: luled

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't think it's people looking up to him as it is people are happy with him having a hard life and now getting the chance to start over with a new job, home and clean slate.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

The man in that video is possibly the most annoying person on the planet. I couldn't watch it to the end.

As for the homeless man; well I never saw him as a hero, I simply saw a man who had made plenty of mistakes get a second chance. No more, no less.

He might p*ss it all up the wall again and end up back on the streets, and if so, that's a real shame. But I don't listen to all of the media hype.

Of course he got a high profile job.
Of course Oprah wanted him on her show.

It's all about exposure and ratings, and exposure and ratings = revenue.

So yeah, good luck to him.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Man I don't understand this yelling guy. Is he perfect? So he's walked the straight narrow all his life?

The guy sounds a tad bitter. The yelling doesn't help his point at all.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
Man I don't understand this yelling guy. Is he perfect? So he's walked the straight narrow all his life?

I don't think the yelling was a good way to convey his point either.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
And to be honest, I don't even think this guy (in the video) cares about the wife, and kids. I think he's just using them as a talking point to further drag Ted into the ground, while making himself out to be some sort of benevolent passionate activist for neglected women and children.
The reality is, he is just using these points to validate his bitterness towards someone who obviously deserves a second chance.

Ted didn't snipe people in D.C., he deserves a second chance. Ted didn't kill 20 people over the course of four months and laugh about it, he deserves a second chance.

No one is looking up to him as a hero. But I have to be honest, I am genuinely happy that he's off the streets. The guy had a talent. This video guy is acting like this guy had no kind of talent.

The fact is, he had a talent, a GREAT talent... and he was rewarded for it. He talked it, and walked it... that's why he got a second chance.

I'm pretty sure he knows his past and he knows what he has to do to balance his karma.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
That guy was a big nobuddy until somebuddy with a camera caught him jabberjawing with a sign askin for drug money-- nows hes' gonna be on TV??! Whats' this country comin to?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by inchworm
That guy was a big nobuddy until somebuddy with a camera caught him jabberjawing with a sign askin for drug money-- nows hes' gonna be on TV??! Whats' this country comin to?

Welcome to the American Dream!

Brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

It wasn't' his first time doing voice work. He had a chance and blew it with his indulgences. Will the Cavaliers take back his house if he returns to drugs and alcohol? They're talking about making a movie based on his life, then what? A Broadway special?

This is what happens when the news has a long streak of bad news, and it did seem endless. They'll latch onto the first feel good piece that comes along and give it too much credence. He's a lucky guy, but I dont' think he's so deserving. It's just too over the top.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Welcome to the American Neurosis!

Brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?

Fixed

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is what deserves the fanfare:

Egyptian Muslisms Defend Christians with Their Lives

Not some hobo, that damages peoples cars and steals out of them to get his fix, and has children that he loses(abaondons).

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The guy caught a break. Good for him, I wish him the best. What's he supposed to say, "No, no don't help me"? Granted, there are millions of people out there who have always played by the rules, never abused any substances, and always tried to live up to their familial responsibilities and although could really, really use a break, will never get one. Bummer.

It's a shame, but don't fault the recipient. What's that line about don't hate the player, hate the game? We've become very much a celebrity worshiping society, and due in a great degree to the Internet, the bar for what qualifies as worthy of celebrity today is set pretty low. Justin Bieber is a good example, not that the kid doesn't have some talent. But without YouTube, he'd most likely still be singing in the school choir in complete anonymity.

You can be really, really bad (yeah William Hung, I'm talkin' to you), or really really good. Just don't be somewhere in the middle, if you want to reach celebrity status.

Of course, celebrity is fleeting. At some point, to hang on a lot of the D Listers need to head to Dancing with the Fat Celebrities in Rehab, or something.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y

I don't think the yelling was a good way to convey his point either.

The Guy yelling is Bob From, Drinking with Bob.
The yelling is just his gimmick , He does videos every few days on You Tube.(commentary on life in general)
Actually, he's pretty funny for the most part. What's Next?, What's Next ? ,What's Next ?

Peace.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
hey, dude deserved a second chance. we all do, and he got his. I hope he doesn't # it up. Go go Ted

new topics

top topics

join