It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Family granted new right of secrecy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by stewalters1

I guess gun slinging/ gun toting is more cowardly than being invaded or attacked. oh wait, we americans have never been invaded or attacked.

we will always be proud of being unbeatable on the battlefield!!

darn genetically superior americans. damn them and their winning ways!! oh, well maybe we shoudl talk like a bunch of polite girls begging to not get beat up. sipping tea, wondering why you ha ve been walked on by a crown for centuries.. i can only name scots who had the stones to fight back, when have the brits fought back, much less won?

Are you honestly this stupid?
your only unbeaten cos you kill friend and foe alike

Wasn't Vietnam a no score draw? And you didn't even take care of your veterans when they came back. They were 'baby killers' as I remember. But then again, you did build a big wall with an alphabet of a dead generation so that's ok then eh? Freedom Isn't Free. yeah right
AMERICA F**K YEA

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ridcully

Funny ?? more like bloody peculiar!!! I will be getting a boat and sailing up and down the North Atlantic between these two great countries divided by language and idiocy.

Special relationship my arse. It is obvious that there is bad blood between the USA and the UK.

Sad really.
edit on 8-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2011 by tiger5 because: typos

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

Funny ?? more like bloody peculiar!!! I will be getting a boat and sailing up and down the norht Atlantic betwwen these two great countries divided by language and idiocy.

Special relationship my arse. It is obvious that there is bad blood between the USA and the UK.

Sad really.
edit on 8-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

Sweet man, hope you enjoy that! Going New Zealand backpacking myself!

Personally I have nothing against Americans or any other country for that matter, only guys who have a problem with me and people i know, just like yourself and many others here no doubt.

I've been America and met plenty of Americans and i got on with everyone of them. Americas an amazing country from what I’ve read and seen myself.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Though the British public may pay 60p per person a year towards the royal family, that amounts to around £40,000,000 a year, which would go an awful long way towards helping the 3 million unemployed back to work, regenerating the poorest areas, improving the failing national health service, providing equal first class education to all or many other very worthwhile tasks.

The Windsors are independently wealthy and do not need our hard earned money to support their lifestyles.
It is a disgusting travesty that they continue to leech from the british people while we suffer.
edit on 8-1-2011 by subby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by subby
Though the British public may pay 60p per person a year towards the royal family, that amounts to around £40,000,000 a year, which would go an awful long way towards helping the 3 million unemployed back to work, regenerating the poorest areas, improving the failing national health service, providing equal first class education to all or many other very worthwhile tasks.

Actually, it's closer to £30 million and no, it wouldn't go a long way towards anything really.

Originally posted by subby
The Windsors are independently wealthy and do not need our hard earned money to support their lifestyles.
It is a disgusting travesty that they continue to leech from the british people while we suffer.
edit on 8-1-2011 by subby because: (no reason given)

Thing is, they aren't. All of the Crowns assets were signed over to the State in return for the Civil list. Thats several billion pounds worth of real estate they gave up in return for the annual payment. Now, with the abolishment of the Civil List, they will get around 15% of the income from the Crown estate, which remains property of the State, not the Royalty. It will also be capped. The Queen doesn't even own her own palaces, they are all property of the State.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

There isn't bad blood from my end chap, believe me. I look up to American ingenuity, integrity and foresight as much as I do British. But when I read the amount of rubbish that's been spouted in this thread, I'll call it out. And take the piss out of them. The UK, as a nation, has made some some damn bad mistakes, and so has the USA.

But, in defence of the USA, I always think on this. Way back when, Columbia made it's first trip into space and as an 11yo I wanted to go too. So I wrote NASA and asked if I could ever get a ride. Beyond my dreams, some weeks later, I got a letter back politely telling me no, but it included a massive pack of STS-1 literature, photo's, stickers, information and all sorts! I still have them now and they're some of most prized possessions..
And the thing that struck me, even then, was how generous that was. They took the time to answer some spotty brit kid and provide him with as many dreams as they could. That showed me just what a great nation America is. Fallible as we all are, but great none the less.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Sorry I was not having a dig at all I hold Dual nationality but prefer the UK. I was A huge fan of the space race as it was such a wonder to see what America did. I have been to Cape Canaveral.

American do as a whole need to travel to see that other people can live perfectly well without them.

I like the American "can do". I detest the British "no can do". I will probably be flamed by both parties (lol).
I detest all idiots which makes me an equal opps detester (lol)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

That is very cool!

I did the same for the Royal Navy, I saw the Ark Royal in port one day and thought, "Oh Yes!", so I applied via a magazine ad to join. I was only 10 or 11! I got a letter back from a Commodore in charge of recruitment being very polite, but saying I may be a little young and it's been a while since the Navy had young boys on ship, but urging me to check back in a few years time. They also sent me loads of Navy goodies which I treasured for years, until I was of an age to apply.

Off topic I know, but thought I'd share..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I get what you mean about British cynicism, but it's derived from centuries of trail, error and disaster. That said, the British can be pretty inventive and resourceful, managing what other countries would find difficult with all the kit in the world on a shoestring budget and ducktape!

Just look at the Falklands War for what I mean. A fleet comprised of ancient frigates not up to the task, passenger liners as troop ships and a half-mothballed carrier re-fitted en route. And to stay ever so loosely on topic, we even had a prince flying helicopters in the Task Force.

We take a perverse pride out of doing things the hard way!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I like the way this is going off topic! It was turning into a horrible thread! There was a fantastic docu last week about building a Wellington (or was it a Lancaster?) bomber in record time. They made it in less than 24hrs! A complete bomber, from airframe parts to flying plane in less than a day! So yeah, like Stu says, when our backs are against the wall, Brits can pull it out of the bag!

There's a quote I think I heard on fark.com many years ago which sums it up:

Us Brits are an affable bunch of chaps, but if you back us into a corner we'll bite your nose off!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Dear DimensionalDetective

I originated from that land, in the past I have thought of these people as a working family that on the whole do at least some good for the country.

I have even felt sorry for them as despite all there riches they really do not have a life.

All that has just changed with this revelation.

I am now falling in with the ever growing crowed that would hand them all from the nearest lamp post.

But do your really think it is that much better where you are???

Since the earliest points in history it has been them and us, we exist to serve them, it has not changed and it will not until we do what needs to be done. You know what that is?? Right.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewalters1

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by boondock-saint

im here in ENC, and would love to have a five minute debate with any of the "royal" ass clowns..

my ancestors were willing to fight to the death against her damn crown... piss on her and her entire family.. if they cared at all they would live the same as their subjects... so many people around the world has suffered for their greed.. why should their family even be allowed to exist?

i would kill them all if given a chance, i mean it. our ancestors who built america would feel the same way would they not?

death to the queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats a REAL patriotic belief no?

You are in serious trouble with that post my friend.

Be aware, Those comments are pathetic and uncalled for in the year 2011.

You need to grow up and do it quicly. You cannot go round blasting ridiculous and dangerous comments like that.

That post almost sounded like a terrorised rant!

I guess you'd better slap my wrists too then.Should I take a number or simply join the back of the queue?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by subby

What exactly do they do for all the money they receive from the taxpayers? I'm really not up to date on the royal families...but I have wondered lately with all the news in the USA of the royal wedding and such...what do they do? Do any of them contribute anything?

If they don't contribute anything than aren't they just like people on public welfare?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

They head many charities, act as Ambassadors and the Monarch is our Head of State. If you research it, there is a wealth of info about what each of them do and only the Queen and Prince Philip get any money from the Civil list. The rest have to pay their own way. It's a common misconception that the entire family is supported by taxpayer money, because they aren't.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Oh god not this s*** again! Listen boys and girls, if you don't pay tax in the UK why would you care? For me, 69p PA is a damn reasonable price to pay for what they do. It's already been said in this thread over and over and over again what they do, for a relatively small amount of money. I've said I'm not a royalist, and I'm not, but I'd much rather have her Maj flying the flag for Britain abroad, and at home, than any of our thrice damned politicians.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I dont think you understand who these people are...where they come from...how they think of you....
Perhaps you hear the old band strike up rule ritannia, and get a twinge of pride seeing that oh so noble hand waving out the window of the passing rolls.A sort of nostalgia that encompasses all the warm eelings you have for old blightey////but i am afraid that these people, and their peers and cohort bankers and globalist elite,are as far removed from thr great unwashed, as if they came from jupiter or mars....
We are talking wealth beyond dreams.Real insider deals, wih the shadowy figures in foriegn goverment, and business.That has been ongoing for centuries....
Mega millions of dollars invested here, Thousands of acres of land purchased over there...Meetings in camera with all the world movers and shakers...
We are talking old old money here...
The kind of money that is so vast a fortune, that it inevitably grows and spreads its tentacles like a cancer...
This layer or society plays with laws, and committees and goverments.Nothing is withheld, and nothing is asked for...The royal moneys connot fail even should britain sink slowly into the irish sea burdened down with her debts and out of steam, the royal fortune would be sufficient to bear the royals thrugh the tempast and the queen would take up residence in one of her many properties around the world.Perhaps Uruguay, or Colorado?
The eople wo make up this strata, have plans that encompass entire populations, as well as the means to bring those plans to fruition....
Among these people,the european nobility, as a rule, would be prime candidates as being in similar situatuion regards the goverments locally....
The very best contracts and opportunities get picked over by these people and often the projects that require their services are intiated by themselves.
This law just gives carte blanche to the royals to reap even greater gobs of money for being born to priviledge.

It has been aparent for a long long time that those at the top of the system, use it to further their own, often petty, or even malicious(eugenics) agendas.
We need less elite members of society not more of them....
Either that, or make everyboddy royalty....
I cannot understand how rationalising away all those years of abuse by the nobility, which continues to this day in britain, and the commonwealth....is a good thing for anybody.....

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
And you can bet they'll use this latest shooting to justify a blitzkrieg against the peasants. How dare any peasant raise a finger against the ruling class. We live in a worldwide corporatocracy and the only rights you have are the rights you can afford - and you can't afford them. Everything you've been programmed to believe, most significantly the false left/right paradigm, is a manipulative lie.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
About time!!! Prince William the first royal king in waiting we really like; he's much loved and adored in Australia and NZ by all the women. My hope is Prince William takes the throne straight after Queen Elizabeth 2nd.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I dont think you understand who these people are...where they come from...how they think of you....
Perhaps you hear the old band strike up rule ritannia, and get a twinge of pride seeing that oh so noble hand waving out the window of the passing rolls.A sort of nostalgia that encompasses all the warm eelings you have for old blightey////but i am afraid that these people, and their peers and cohort bankers and globalist elite,are as far removed from thr great unwashed, as if they came from jupiter or mars....
We are talking wealth beyond dreams.Real insider deals, wih the shadowy figures in foriegn goverment, and business.That has been ongoing for centuries....
Mega millions of dollars invested here, Thousands of acres of land purchased over there...Meetings in camera with all the world movers and shakers...
We are talking old old money here...
The kind of money that is so vast a fortune, that it inevitably grows and spreads its tentacles like a cancer...
This layer or society plays with laws, and committees and goverments.Nothing is withheld, and nothing is asked for...The royal moneys connot fail even should britain sink slowly into the irish sea burdened down with her debts and out of steam, the royal fortune would be sufficient to bear the royals thrugh the tempast and the queen would take up residence in one of her many properties around the world.Perhaps Uruguay, or Colorado?
The eople wo make up this strata, have plans that encompass entire populations, as well as the means to bring those plans to fruition....
Among these people,the european nobility, as a rule, would be prime candidates as being in similar situatuion regards the goverments locally....
The very best contracts and opportunities get picked over by these people and often the projects that require their services are intiated by themselves.
This law just gives carte blanche to the royals to reap even greater gobs of money for being born to priviledge.

It has been aparent for a long long time that those at the top of the system, use it to further their own, often petty, or even malicious(eugenics) agendas.
We need less elite members of society not more of them....
Either that, or make everyboddy royalty....
I cannot understand how rationalising away all those years of abuse by the nobility, which continues to this day in britain, and the commonwealth....is a good thing for anybody.....

My god your right! How could I have been so blinded//// They're so powerful they can stop people writing correctly and deliberately make them speelllllll badly// I'm going to get down the east end right now, eat some warm eelings, then go kick her Maj in the vaj

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

I spent a long time with 2 parachute regiment and various special forces including the US delta, i have come across people like you in the past and to put it mildly they came off worse.

Your a bully by the sounds of it, i have never been by people larger than me ever and never will, you can bang on about your size all day long i would still rag you into next week.

You remind me of a guy i meet once in BOVINGTON CAMP dorset, he was a huge lump of a man with a temper to match, he was a Royal Marine and had just comeback from a tour.
He dicided to throw his wait around acting similar to you, after 20mins of this i made him very quiet, you would be no exception to this.

You said america has never been invaded or attacked????
What about pearl harbour? What about 911??

You say you never lost a war???
What about vietnam ???

Your military is huge and you have a huge defence budget yet you cant stop shooting the wrong people "friendly fire"

There lacks professionalism in your military its a gun slinging cow boy attitude that is ripe through the usa.

I cant go into great details on this but i have witnessed your guys on an armoured motorcade traveling through an area where contact was an everday occasion the guy on point with a 50cal was asleep the vehicle hit a pot hole and shook the gunner awake...... he shot the weapon without looking and killed 3 innocent people! he just woke up and let rip. Shoot first ask later.
I have experienced this so much involving poorly trained american soldiers.

Light um up !!!!!!!

Edit ; this is not targeted at all american military soldiers.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join