It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Royal Family granted new right of secrecy

page: 2
23
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stewalters1
 


What good works are the royals doing for you, then? Selling weapons to corrupt Arab dictators? Working for war profiteers then?

Classy bunch.




posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette
reply to post by stewalters1
 


What good works are the royals doing for you, then? Selling weapons to corrupt Arab dictators? Working for war profiteers then?

Classy bunch.






Can you prove that claim?

The royal family give british people a sense of worth and a sense of pride which makes allot of people very happy.

So if it makes my country (men and women) happy thats enough for me.

Other than bringing happiness to peoples life's not much really.


Isnt that enough?



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette
 


Denmark, Norway and Sweden all have royal families, too, don't they?

While I can't pretend to know anything about said royal families, I would imagine that they also have certain restrictions on public access to their private lives.

Possibly the relative lack of media coverage is because they aren't such dangerously eccentric PR blunderers as many of the members of the British royal family, but, surely, it's equally possible that they're just clever enough to get away with their misbehaviours?
edit on 8/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)


reply to post by stewalters1
 


Also, it gives us something to put on stamps and coins. Although I dread the thought that one day, Charles will be put on our stamps and coins. That will not be a good day to have eyeballs.
edit on 8/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/1/2011 by TheWill because: changed wording



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective
 


Actually, if you got off your high horse and did a proper job at researching the facts, you would know that the Royla Family no longer will get any income from taxpayer money. Any money they earn is through their own business ventures and assets, via the Crown Estate, which is managed in trust by the Government.

As for the guy who called for "death to the Queen" and nasty anti-english comments, how about you grow some real testicles, not the virtual ones you're displaying. As the old saying goes, come and have a go if you think you're hard enough.



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette
 


Police State? "Have to live with us"?

Care to elaborate on the first point and with regards to the second, we never wanted to be in this damned European Union anyway! We're sick of the laws sent to us by the EU, 75% of our legislation is now EU derived! Where, pray tell, do you hail from? You'll find that all the "police state" laws and such are largely EU derived with rules on data colection, ID cards, smoking bans, the lot all coming from Europe.



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason
 




Absolutely fantastic end comment!!

Super response mate! i thought i was on my own for a while there.

The spitfire is down but not out !!!



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewalters1
The royal family give british people a sense of worth and a sense of pride which makes allot of people very happy.
So if it makes my country (men and women) happy thats enough for me.
Other than bringing happiness to peoples life's not much really.

Isnt that enough?

The British royal family is not English, it's German.
They changed their name from Saxe-Cotburg.
They are puppets for a deadly financial interest.

When's the last time an English monarch stood up for the interests of his or her country? Queen Victoria, maybe 100 years ago? Maybe?

Only a lunatic would find "happiness" in the spectacle of conspicuous consumption by crass spoiled brats who don't care one bloody lick about you and your fellow sufferers.

They hate you. They hate you, because you're a peasant, and that's all you are.



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by boondock-saint
 


im here in ENC, and would love to have a five minute debate with any of the "royal" ass clowns..

my ancestors were willing to fight to the death against her damn crown... piss on her and her entire family.. if they cared at all they would live the same as their subjects... so many people around the world has suffered for their greed.. why should their family even be allowed to exist?

i would kill them all if given a chance, i mean it. our ancestors who built america would feel the same way would they not?

death to the queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats a REAL patriotic belief no?


Talking like that is extremely foolish, I suggest that you remove that post and refrain from making similar posts in future.

Also, I'm pretty sure that it is against the code of conduct to say such things, but at least you won't find ATS mods sat outside your house reading newspapers.



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette
 




Peasant!!! no actually i am a multimillionaire.

Self made might i add!

Listen think what you will about the royals it is what it is.

I like them there royal and stand for allot in this country.



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason


Good then get out. Take your bloody cameras with you, take your informers, your D-notices, and your precious City of London and its criminal banking cartel. Get out of the EU and don't come back. Go kiss your American master's hand. You are nothing but a second rate Australia, Airstrip One. Good riddance.

You live in a police state, you know you live in a police state, you people bloody invented police states, and I swear to God you are not going to sit here and lie on this thread and to my face about how you don't live in a police state. George Orwell's 1984, Animal Farm, Aldous Huxley's Brave New World - you invented the bloody literature about protesting against police states.

Go ahead and Google UK police state. You get 24 million hits.



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette
The British royal family is not English, it's German.


A common slander, but inaccurate. The Queen is related to all of the Royal House around Europe, hence how the monarchy passed to the House of Saxe-Coburg Gotha, but can trace a direct lineage back to Harold himself, the one killed in 1066. She is an English as anyone else.Otherwise, you might as well call me Irish as my ancestors are from there, if you go back far enough!


Originally posted by Nicorette
They changed their name from Saxe-Cotburg.


Because they wanted nothing to do with the German monrachy which they were at war with, because they were English. A Royal house does not hail from a particular country, they often span borders based on marriage, inheritance and the like.


Originally posted by Nicorette
When's the last time an English monarch stood up for the interests of his or her country? Queen Victoria, maybe 100 years ago? Maybe?


Ahahahahah! You claim the Queen isn't English then cite Victoria as English! She is from the same Royal House! You really know your history, I can tell you know exactly what you're talking about.


Originally posted by Nicorette
Only a lunatic would find "happiness" in the spectacle of conspicuous consumption by crass spoiled brats who don't care one bloody lick about you and your fellow sufferers.


Ah, so that's why the young Princess Eliszabeth was a mechanic and Ambulance driver during the blitz and why her father, the King, stayed in London even after the Palce was bombed to show solidarity with the people.

You know nothing, be quiet.



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason
 


Oh really?

What do you call the CIVIL LIST?

And I suppose the "gov pay" they get has no funds allocated from the tax base either?

You can thump your chest and wave pom-poms for the Elitists all you want, but if they had nothing to hide with how they are using expenses, and from what sources, then they wouldn't need to invoke this type of secrecy.

And by the way, the same holds true for american Elitists and rulers.



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
A Tyrant's charter, this is nothing more than the elite further removing themselves from the arena of public scrutiny. This smacks more of pre-Revolutionary France than 21st century Britain. I am horrified, shocked, and disgusted at this. I'd suggest a Republic, but our politicians are not better, if not worse, than the obscenity that is the Royal Family.



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette
 





And your point is!

You think that the everday british person did all that.

Who cares you need some form of control against the population otherwise there would be chaos and anarchy!

Your a very sad individual in my book and i suggest you get out from time to time and stop hating civilisation!

If you dont like it buy a caravan and sell tarmac!



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette
Good then get out. Take your bloody cameras with you,


Go on, educate me on CCTV and we'll see what happens. This should be funny.


Originally posted by Nicorette
take your informers,


Informers? Every nation has informers you plank.


Originally posted by Nicorette
your D-notices,


A non-leaglly binding request by the Government not to print a story as it might be damaging? Oh, the horror. The Media does not have to pay any attention to a D-notice.


Originally posted by Nicorette
and your precious City of London and its criminal banking cartel.


And I suppose Frankfurt and Paris are full of altruistic Bankers that only make profit to benefit the poor and needy... Riiiight....


Originally posted by Nicorette
Get out of the EU and don't come back. Go kiss your American master's hand. You are nothing but a second rate Australia, Airstrip One. Good riddance.


And where are you from?


Originally posted by Nicorette
You live in a police state, you know you live in a police state, you people bloody invented police states, and I swear to God you are not going to sit here and lie on this thread and to my face about how you don't live in a police state. George Orwell's 1984, Animal Farm, Aldous Huxley's Brave New World - you invented the bloody literature about protesting against police states.


No, we don't and you clearly have no idea what a Police STate is and are merely parroting nonsense Alex Jones-esque garbage. Back it up mate, or shut up.


Originally posted by Nicorette
Go ahead and Google UK police state. You get 24 million hits.


So what? I could google "Sausage people" and get 10 million hits, or "Bush is Gay" and get 29 million hits. It means nothing, absolutely nothing. I don't know if you are aware, but everything you read on the internet isn't true you know.



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by stumason
 


Oh really?

What do you call the CIVIL LIST?

And I suppose the "gov pay" they get has no funds allocated from the tax base either?

You can thump your chest and wave pom-poms for the Elitists all you want, but if they had nothing to hide with how they are using expenses, and from what sources, then they wouldn't need to invoke this type of secrecy.

And by the way, the same holds true for american Elitists and rulers.


Dude, read my post and stop being a plank.

The Civil List is being abolished. Not pay attention to the recent Budget in October? No, didn't think so.



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason
 


Key words 'is being'. Meaning, it's still going.

Now YOU quit being an excusitory plank yourself.

Just because you question nothing and smooch the back side of royalists doesn't mean everyone else does.



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason
 


The Civil List has kept a curb on the excesses of Royal Spending for over 200 years. Monies from the Royal Estates is taken by Parliament, then a proportion of it is fed back to the Royal Family. Charles has petitioned for years to have this reasonable curb removed, and he's succeeded. As a result all money from the Royal Estate will be taken by the Royals, and no doubt be granted immunity from tax, national insurance, and probably given charitable status and allowed to reclaim all the VAT.

It stinks, we don't need the full blown monarchy with which we have been foisted, we should have a monarchy more in line with the Netherlands, where the respect exists, but the financial abuse does not.



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective
 


And this is merely a proposal to change the FOI Act, which will come into affect (if it ever does) way, way after the Civil list is abolished in 2013. So, why exactly are you getting your panties in a twist over this?


Also, the Monarchy agreed to the Civil list in return for handing over the billions and billions of pounds worth of Royal property to the State. The money the Civil list costs is actually a fraction of what the Crown estate generates each year, so even now with the Civil List still in use they cost us nothing. From 2013, they will instead get a % of the Crown estate income, so then nobody will be able to whine they are "sponging" even though they are not even doing that now.



posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob37n
The Civil List has kept a curb on the excesses of Royal Spending for over 200 years.


Indeed, that I don't disagree.


Originally posted by Rob37n
Monies from the Royal Estates is taken by Parliament,


No, it doesn't. There is no such thing as the Royal Estates, it's the Crown Estate and the money goes to the Treasury, not Parliament.


Originally posted by Rob37n
then a proportion of it is fed back to the Royal Family.


No, it isn't. That is what is being done in 2013.


Originally posted by Rob37n
Charles has petitioned for years to have this reasonable curb removed, and he's succeeded.


Not really. They now have a small % of the Crown Estate income, which varies from year to year, so now they have a variable income to get used too.


Originally posted by Rob37n
As a result all money from the Royal Estate will be taken by the Royals,


No, it won't. They get a small % of the total income, called the Sovereign Support Grant. They don't get the whole lot. In fact, it is likely to be 15% of income and with a cap too, probably around £30 million, which is less than they receive now off the Civil List.


Originally posted by Rob37n
It stinks, we don't need the full blown monarchy with which we have been foisted, we should have a monarchy more in line with the Netherlands, where the respect exists, but the financial abuse does not.


Full Blown? How so?
edit on 8/1/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
23
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join