It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Family granted new right of secrecy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Royal Family granted new right of secrecy

www.independent.co.uk

The Royal Family is to be granted absolute protection from public scrutiny in a controversial legal reform designed to draw a veil of secrecy over the affairs of the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William.

Letters, emails and documents relating to the monarch, her heir and the second in line to the throne will no longer be disclosed even if they are in the public interest.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Mmm-hmm, of course.

Let's see, poor brits taxes on everything just keeps sky-rocketing, their jobs and financial struggles just keep escalating like everyone in the states, and those sitting up at the top of the food chain COLLECTING off the 'peasants' just keep filling their pockets fatter and fatter.

And now they want to make sure that no one can hold them accountable to anything--No freedom of info on how their bilking the populace keeps them lavished in royalty at the expense of others. Typical 'rulers'.

But it appears extra ironic when the UK, with tens of thousands of closed circuit spy cameras on virtually every street corner spying on its civilians, grants even MORE secrecy to the ones at the top.

"Do as we say tax-slaves, not as we do."

www.independent.co.uk

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The same people who shut down an entire country for a day because one of them gets married and make a spectacle of themselves with their parties and spendings and adultries etc etc ... get new 'rights to secrecy'. How ironic.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Oh, come on, they can still be caught on CCTV just as much as the rest of us.

Everyone should be able to correspond privately. If the queen wants to slag off Kate Middleton in a private Memo to her son, let her. If Prince William wants to e-mail his grand-ma to say "i'm not sure about this whole thing", surely it's perfectly fair that it remains private?

If they were absolute monarchs, then I might be bothered (and get my head chopped off for the trouble) but as it stands, they are just an occasionally entertaining symbol of britishness, outdated and occasionally offensive, but entitled to their privacy where they can get it.

EDIT: That said, if they are going to use public finance, the uses of said finance should be fully disclosed. So I'll add a caveat that letters to their accountant should not be private. Private letters, though, still deserve privacy.
edit on 8/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Good find, but pretty typical of that country.

You know what I find most annoying? Is those sanctimonious Brits who roll in here and bash Americans to make them feel good about themselves when they are equally and deeply as complicit in the ongoing horror of globalism and the planetary empire, and all that.

Just infuriating.

Edit: I am in Scandinavia
edit on 1/8/2011 by Nicorette because: location, location...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Its all just smoke and mirrors... They are part of the elite ruling class !! We are all just slaves of the empire !! What they get up to is corrupt and controlling. One day folks it will fall apart ! One day !!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Mmm-hmm, of course.

Let's see, poor brits taxes on everything just keeps sky-rocketing, their jobs and financial struggles just keep escalating like everyone in the states, and those sitting up at the top of the food chain COLLECTING off the 'peasants' just keep filling their pockets fatter and fatter.

And now they want to make sure that no one can hold them accountable to anything--No freedom of info on how their bilking the populace keeps them lavished in royalty at the expense of others. Typical 'rulers'.

But it appears extra ironic when the UK, with tens of thousands of closed circuit spy cameras on virtually every street corner spying on its civilians, grants even MORE secrecy to the ones at the top.

"Do as we say tax-slaves, not as we do."

www.independent.co.uk

S&F

My sympathies go out the citizens. The thing is, if we aren't vigilant, HRH Obama and minions will do the same thing here in the US, and they are already starting. DHS is an abomination and more of a threat to the US citizen than any terrorist group, and needs to be dismantled.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

It's because there lizard people!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So the royals are granted a right to privacy, while all the little people are forced to relinquish their privacy little by little day by day. Sounds about right.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
and just think,
if this law had been in place
when Princess Diana died,
how little we would have known
about that conspiracy.

it's hypocritical to put CCTV's
on every street corner and then
demand privacy for the elite.

they can kiss my country [snip]

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

Don't be too hard on them, as they are victims of indoctrination and brainwashing, just as the american populace is. Just a different set of Elitists, but the same principles of manipulation and class warfare are being waged by the very few against the naive many. Although the Rothschilds have a heavy hand in both country's framework and policies.

Good point Boondock---They want to make sure the same mistakes don't happen twice. Unlimited secrecy for the rulers, unlimited spying on its peons.

The UK and the U.S. are virtual mirrors of each other in that regard.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

You know what I hate? All these people coming on here and criticising our hypocritical attacks on each other's non-transparent governments, apathetic populations, democratically elected tyrants and backwards economies, just because their countries actually work.

Curse you and your worthwhile viewpoints!

(sic.)
edit on 8/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
How eerily dictatorial to demand full disclosure of your public while demanding privacy for yourself. The world as we know it is ending before our very eyes. Public Servant = Public, it's part of the job description. To say that royalty are not servants to the public is insanity, just ask any former king or queen who died at the guillotine.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

can't enough people in uk just kill the queenie AND ALL HEIRS??

i mean come on, isn't that how knigdoms were always won and lost.. wouldn't it be true to history if they were slaughtered just like the thousands their ancestors slaughtered to get where they are today..

their "wealth" is all stolen property.. everything they have was gained thru violence.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

im here in ENC, and would love to have a five minute debate with any of the "royal" ass clowns..

my ancestors were willing to fight to the death against her damn crown... piss on her and her entire family.. if they cared at all they would live the same as their subjects... so many people around the world has suffered for their greed.. why should their family even be allowed to exist?

i would kill them all if given a chance, i mean it. our ancestors who built america would feel the same way would they not?

death to the queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats a REAL patriotic belief no?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Yes, you're right. But American hypocrisy is usually very transparent and obvious (except to Americans). But these Brits are in the EU and I have to live in the EU with them and their horrible corrupt police state.

By the way, you almost always make good threads and good posts.
edit on 1/8/2011 by Nicorette because: bah bah black sheep

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette
Good find, but pretty typical of that country.

You know what I find most annoying? Is those sanctimonious Brits who roll in here and bash Americans to make them feel good about themselves when they are equally and deeply as complicit in the ongoing horror of globalism and the planetary empire, and all that.

Just infuriating.

Edit: I am in Scandinavia
edit on 1/8/2011 by Nicorette because: location, location...

Ease off on the britt bashing will you!

Yes some british people can be trying of ones patience so what!
The royal family are pointless to most of the country but they stand for tradition and give allot of people in the uk a sense of pride.

Her majesty The Queen actually does a lot of good work for the brittish people and is a very busy lady.

The royal family are something to be proud of and is what makes the united kingdom great.

Edit; Iam in the uk!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Well, I am not an advocate for violence, because I tend to agree with Albert Einstein:

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.

I feel that these measures being instituted by these "rulers" and our governments are actually trying to FORCE us into some sort of violent reprisals, by taking away our ability to 'watch the watchers', so to speak.

But-we must stay on top of these types of draconian measures, and peacefully protest, call up, and send our elected officials letters at every chance we get. Non-compliance is a must. QUESTION everything.

Exhaust all other options before turning to violence. We must use our minds and OUT THINK these heathens. They fear this MUCH more than the threat of violence, because they have quite powerful forces to back them up physically. ALTHOUGH-Our numbers are INFINITELY huger than their small circles.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
we should be a republic

the US had the right idea - they gave the royals the 2 finger salute and became free

the sooner we get rid of this ridiculous system the better

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by boondock-saint

im here in ENC, and would love to have a five minute debate with any of the "royal" ass clowns..

my ancestors were willing to fight to the death against her damn crown... piss on her and her entire family.. if they cared at all they would live the same as their subjects... so many people around the world has suffered for their greed.. why should their family even be allowed to exist?

i would kill them all if given a chance, i mean it. our ancestors who built america would feel the same way would they not?

death to the queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats a REAL patriotic belief no?

You are in serious trouble with that post my friend.

Be aware, Those comments are pathetic and uncalled for in the year 2011.

You need to grow up and do it quicly. You cannot go round blasting ridiculous and dangerous comments like that.

That post almost sounded like a terrorised rant!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join