It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones over Miami

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Miami-Dade County has purchased drone aircraft called T-Hawk from Honeywell for use over the Metro Miami-Dade County area. The UAV's will be entered into service over the city of Miami and the surrounding Metro area as soon as the final approval is recieved from the Federal Aviation Administration.

Here is the link to the Miami News report
www.miaminewtimes.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
You can complain about these as intrusive or you can purchase stock in Honeywell....
Cheaper than maintaining helicopters and hopefully this may open up a new type job need for civillians..I can see these being used when looking for stranded hikers on mountains if these things are set up with special optics..another plus I would rather this land on my house if it runs out of gas rather than a helicopter...Another use for these can be used during an Amber Alert or stolen cars..perhaps this will aid in slowing down police chases...just some thoughts..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I saw this one coming a mile away. I knew U.S, goverment would want the use of of drones flying over the skies of America. This is the use of the classic formula of gradual acceptance. You say that the drones are benign and not armed, harmless right?? Once we get uise to them here. Then an excuse is made to have them armed being terroism, high crime rate, or whatever. Because you wanna be safe right??

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
FOX LINKreply to post by American-philosopher

Nobody mentioned anything about them being unarmed...I'm looking at some positives...something folks hardly do on here...I get where you are coming from...

Apparently you didn't have to see this coming Fox reported on this back in 2003...Houston is already using them and they are used on the border..
edit on 8-1-2011 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is a very interesting story, certainly something to look out for here is the wiki page for the RQ-16 Tarantula Hawk. Pretty impressive little piece of hardware I'm actually kind of surprised that they didn't go with a small fixed wing UAV but it does make since for them to choose that. I wonder how much the unit cost the tax payers are having to give up not to mention the command and control infrastructure costs. Seems to me the 40 minute endurance is a little lacking.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8-1-2011 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join