It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! Cloaked Mothership?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster
Well for one thing it's a tad sexist.

When was the last time you heard dark, out of focus images referred to as 'Daddyships'?

Allow me to answer that, never.

I smell a conspiracy here.

Good point.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
They're called 'mother' ships because they carry and are a launch pad for many smaller ships.

Hence mother spitting out babies.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Let people believe what they want too...different strokes for different folks. Some believe in a white haired wizard that lives in the sky and smites people for masturbating too much. Others believe we are slaves of a great extraterrestrial race put here as an experiment, and others believe we are just highly advanced 14 billion year old star dust.

And the only way to measure belief is how it makes you feel. The greater something makes you feel or give you a sense of hope, the more you feel the need to spread the word in order to make others feel the same way. But with access of information more on the rise everyday, it's becoming more and more impossible for people to relate to and trust one another. Come on, would you ever hang out with somebody who believes a giant mothership is coming to take the unenlightened away in 2012?

The fact is, your belief system is just as corrupted and convoluted as the homeless man tripping acid on the street corner between your work and the local HEB. Simply not believing in something means you give up hope for said event. I don't know what belief system you subscribe to...but as long as you believe that there is an answer out there somewhere, even if we never find it...that hope is enough to keep you from blowing your brains out before having to wake up and go to work everyday.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Do you really expect someone browsing ATS or youtube at work to clock out, board a plane to South America and begin an investigation before clicking comment?

I am interested in the mental status being of people who can make such conclusions with such little information. What does that say about them and how their brain functions?

Are you serious? Why is this renting space in your head?
edit on 8-1-2011 by type0civ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
waahh wheres the vid!!
i know what you mean, i always ignore threads with omg!/proof!/youtube! in the title.(this was in philosophy forum so i had to look)
i think it a symptom of the throwaway popcorn type culture the internet has blessed us with. its all too easy to post whatever pops into you head without having to think about or having to deal with anything that might follow.
unless ats starts vetting new threads, wich it wouldnt and shouldnt. the omg threads are here to stay i'm afraid.
edit on 8-1-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ
Are you serious?

100%

Originally posted by type0civ
Why is this renting space in your head?

Because it may help me when trying to respond to such delusional and sensationalized posts. It could reduce the sarcasm level in my responses if it could be determined that the poster was *socially retarded, *an attention seeker or *mentally ill etc. etc.

What's that you say?! I could just ignore such threads?

You're right I COULD, but I feel obligated to share logic. Guilty.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

it might be related to the "2012 / return of gods/aliens" thing
people use the word mothership because it´s about time that they appear.
or: mothership implies a huge craft and that is always impressive isnt it?
even more impressive than a "normal" craft.

just an idea

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
see i would describe this as a mothership
www.abovetopsecret.com...
But hey i dont have the evidence. Another famous annomally?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join